Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate to admit it, since I like Carter better than Weir, but...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate to admit it, since I like Carter better than Weir, but...

If your not familiar with my stance on Carter leading the Expedition... I like Carter better than Weir in general, but I was hoping for Carter to be recurring, and not a star of Atlantis.

I don't think there's any denying at this point that Weir has much better chemistry with the Atlantis cast than Carter does. "This Mortal Coil" really made that abundantly clear.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

What is it with you and posting these threads outside of the designated episode folder?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      What is it with you and posting these threads outside of the designated episode folder?
      Since Carter wasn't even in "This Mortal Coil," I don't see why this would belong in there.

The other thread was posted before the sub-forum was opened.
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
        If your not familiar with my stance on Carter leading the Expedition... I like Carter better than Weir in general, but I was hoping for Carter to be recurring, and not a star of Atlantis.

I don't think there's any denying at this point that Weir has much better chemistry with the Atlantis cast than Carter does. "This Mortal Coil" really made that abundantly clear.
        I'm not familiar with your stance but I love Carter and can't really stand Weir.

I think once Carter's been around teh team a little while the chemistry will be there. We've barely even seen her so far this season though.
        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post

Risking life and limb <G>, I agree. When Weir is with the team, you can see the chemistry, but it's not there with Carter, at least not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            Risking life and limb <G>, I agree. When Weir is with the team, you can see the chemistry, but it's not there with Carter, at least not yet.
            Chemistry isn't created. It's either there or it isn't.
            sigpic
            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Seeing Weir in this episode made it clear to me how much the show's chemistry misses her. Wow, was Torri's acting dynamite. Oh well... back to Sam the Admin who should be Sam the Scientist...

Comment

give it time, guys. sam's not even been in all the 10 eps of this first half.

of course, it's if you *want* to give her a chance...

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post

Uh, yup, you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

sally
                    I don't think a lot of people have been willing to do that.

Personally I think even though she hasn't even been around that much and despite the fact that she's been a little out of character (only to an extent) she's still 100x better than Weir ever even had the potential to be.

That's what makes it so hard to figure out how people could feel the way they do about Weir. The character was a diplomatic negotiator put into a situation (show) that thrives on action... it didn't make sense.

And the actress seems like a better fit for a show like BSG - a show that caters to a fan-base that cares more about character drama as opposed to an action oriented franchise like StarGate that or the technology/science that are central to the SG mythology.
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

How much time are we supposed to give Carter? I loved her on SG1, but she hasn't done anything "Carterish" on SGA. She's just a boss, an administrator. The soldier/scientist hasn't been seen at all. She's. . .*gasp*. . .BORING!

Seeing Weir back tonight really hit home how big a hole was left at Torri's departure. Carter isn't filling that hole. Same goes for the huge canyon left behind when Carson got canned. Keller will never fit in. No way, no how.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                        Same goes for the huge canyon left behind when Carson got canned. Keller will never fit in. No way, no how.
                        I'm pretty apathetic about the supporting characters. I mean I liked Carson but it doesn't make much of a difference to me if it's him or Keller there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                          Agreed.

Now, I don't hate Carter at this moment because they really haven't pushed her down our throats. But personally, I feel she is more stand-offish on Atlantis than SG-1, maybe because on Atlantis she is the commander. Whatever the reason, I liked her better on SG-1.

And of course, I would prefer to have Weir back on Atlantis. I really miss how she interacts with all the other characters. Tonight just reinforced this for me.
                          sigpic
                          sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes
                            I really miss how she interacts with all the other characters. Tonight just reinforced this for me.
                            weir didn't interact with anyone but sheppard.

Comment

I guess I have to go watch it again, but was there even any mention of why Carter was totally absent from This Mortal Coil? Was Shepperd supposed to be in charge?
                              Classic
                              If you're not going to learn from your mistakes, don't make any!

Comment

Working...
                              X