Those Pieces of Garbage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those Pieces of Garbage!

I can't believe they did it again! This episode is fantastic so far, but SciFi gave away the big twist in the promo right before the episode started! Un-freakin-believable! So far, half an hour in, the reveal hasn't been given, but I know what it is since John's cut healed because of that stupid promo!

And no, I'm not talking about Weir's appearance.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
    I can't believe they did it again! This episode is fantastic so far, but SciFi gave away the big twist in the promo right before the episode started! Un-freakin-believable! So far, half an hour in, the reveal hasn't been given, but I know what it is since John's cut healed because of that stupid promo!

You are so right. Last weeks promo gave out way too much information.

Comment

What can you really say? They love ruining things for people.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

i guess i'm dumb then cause i missed the whole thing./

Comment

I did hear a part in the promo where they come face to face with themselves, but I wasn't thinking of the promo as I watched the ep, so was still pleasantly surprised when they revealed they were duplicates. The promo's are usually shown so quickly that I don't get most of it anyways.

Comment

I have to agree. It would have been so much better if we didn't know as much as we did going in. The twist midway through the episode would have been so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post

Yes, Scifi are total morons when it comes to advertising. Let's stick "replicators doubles of the team offer to help defend the city of Atlantis" all over their site and ads. Boggles the mind, but obviously whoever they hired to write ad copy hasn't been fired yet for blowing all the plots.

Comment

Well, I'm waiting for them to give away Weir's fourth appearance in a promo...
                sigpic
                sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                  Well, I'm waiting for them to give away Weir's fourth appearance in a promo...
                  It's likely the season finale her last apperance. They are keeping it hush hush.
                  sigpic

Comment

I know exactly what you mean! 10 minutes into the episode I knew exactly what was going on!!!

From now on I am turning off the T.V. when the episode ends.
                    sigpic

Comment

You mean people were actually surprised at the 'reveal'?
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It was obvious that something wasn't right because
                        Spoiler:
                        they were wearing uniforms from last season
                        but if people had steered cleared of spoilers, it might have been a bit of a surprise.
                        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Heh, I have steered clear of spoilers, but that was the first thing I noticed.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            It's likely the season finale her last appearance. They are keeping it hush hush.
                            Spoiler:
                            I believe it was said in an interview that her last appearance this season will be in "Be All My Sins Remember'd". I forget whether it was Torri herself that said it or one of the producers.

Comment

I steered clear of any spoilers and hadn't noticed the uniforms and yes I was surprised at the reveal

I'm the sort of loyal but casually superficial viewer these shows are written for and I appreciate this greatly

the only series which succeeds in pulling off evocative reveals without actually spoiling anything imo is battlestar galactica, where they show some split second flash forwards at the start of each episode, which is brilliant. I assume they manage this because they are actually scripted in the show and not collections of fairly long cut and pastes with dialogue afterwards like TV networks do.
                              I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Working...
                              X