This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if things had been different?

Okay, say the show wasn't cancelled, and they did make an 11th season, there probably would not have been an Ark of Truth, or Continuum, or whatever else. Well, in a way according to Michael Shanks, the show wasn't really cancelled, it just wasn't renewed, And besides the whole cast had a great 10 year run, over 200 episodes, and the show, and cast are in the Guinness book of world records for the longest running Sci-fi show ever, and that’s historic. And that's not something a lot of actors get, so they're very, very lucky, and they'll always be remembered by millions of Stargate fans. So even though they didn't come back, a lot of good things came out of it in order to make it right. Sam's the new leader of Atlantis, the cast is making 2 movies with a somewhat high budget, and the cast got to film in the Antarctica and work close with the Air force which Amanda and Ben loved doing. In fact here's some behind the scene stuff from the movies that I could find, both of them.

Ark of Truth:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=48121
    http://www.gateworld.net/movies/02.shtml

Continuum:

http://www.rdanderson.com/updates/aplis.htm
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=0fpnK9Fgt1U
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=PyBs_aGa7

But look at these videos after the filming of the final episode, Poor Amanda, she's crying, but then again who wouldn't be crying after doing a big show like Stargate for 10 years?-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaRI5Gi6gUY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZQdpES8OYk

Cancellation is when a show isn't renewed. SG-1 is not the longest running SciFi show, Doctor Who is. I'm glad Carter is on SG:A, though I miss Weir. I'm looking forward to both SG-1 movies, but they're going to be low budget compared to most movies yet very cinematic when compared to the show. Imagine "Lost City" on a movie budget. It seems RDA, Tapping, and Browder get to do all the cool Air Force stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
      Cancellation is when a show isn't renewed. SG-1 is not the longest running SciFi show, Doctor Who is. I'm glad Carter is on SG:A, though I miss Weir. I'm looking forward to both SG-1 movies, but they're going to be low budget compared to most movies yet very cinematic when compared to the show. Imagine "Lost City" on a movie budget. It seems RDA, Tapping, and Browder get to do all the cool Air Force stuff.
      In North America Sg1 is the longest running scifi show.
      sigpic
      Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky456 View Post
        the show, and cast are in the Guinness book of world records for the longest running Sci-fi show ever, and that’s historic.

Comment

Well the Ark of Truth movie is meant to be Season 11 condensed down into a movie. So we can guess that the Ori would of been defeated in a similar way. But other than that we will never know.
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

No, being cancelled and not renewed ARE different:

Cancelled is being told to scrap everything and anything that isn't finished, won't be and won't be aired and you'll be lucky if you even see the episodes that were made.

Not renewed is being allowed to finish and air all episodes but no more are to be produced.

Vala,

Comment

Longest continuously running scifi series ever, and longest running cable drama ever, thank you very much.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                Longest continuously running scifi series ever, and longest running cable drama ever, thank you very much.
                And really proud of that fact too. It's amazing that SG-1 could retain such a high quality level for all those years, at least IMO.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

^I agree. I know some people didn't like Seasons 9 and 10 (and I can understand why), but I've got to say, I think the show just continued to get better with every year. And I can't wait for the movies, especially 'Ark of Truth'.

By the way, don't you guys think it would be pretty hilarious if the SG-1 movies are such a succes, they suddenly decide to continue the series again?

Comment

Originally posted by Aryk Celestis View Post
                    ^I agree. I know some people didn't like Seasons 9 and 10 (and I can understand why), but I've got to say, I think the show just continued to get better with every year. And I can't wait for the movies, especially 'Ark of Truth'.

By the way, don't you guys think it would be pretty hilarious if the SG-1 movies are such a succes, they suddenly decide to continue the series again?
                    That would be great but with another series in development it won't happen . What would be great though is if the movies are such a big success they decide to do a big theatrical release movie .......one can dream .

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky456 View Post
                      the cast got to film in the Antarctica
                      Arctic. No?
                      sigpic
                      i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                        No, being cancelled and not renewed ARE different:

Cancelled is being told to scrap everything and anything that isn't finished, won't be and won't be aired and you'll be lucky if you even see the episodes that were made.

Not renewed is being allowed to finish and air all episodes but no more are to be produced.

Vala,
                        Cancellation is when a network terminates a TV show. Wether they are nice enough to let the show finish out it's season or mean enough to cancel it mid-season and not show the remaining completed episodes is completely irrelavent. In either case, it's a cancellation.

Most shows that I watched which were cancelled got to finish out their current season. I've never heard of them called not renewed by the network. The term cancelled was used.

Comment

They say "not renewed" to prevent the fans from going all sit-in protest-like at the thought of our beloved show being canceled.
                          sigpic

Comment

Only the fans who post at message boards do that. They are the minority of the audience. Either the show is cancelled by the network, or it's ended by the producers. Sometimes it's both if the network tells the show's producers about the cancellation far enough ahead of time to create a proper ending for the show. How a show is cancelled is irrelavent. Either it's cancelled or it's not. That's all there is to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryk Celestis View Post

That would be something. But seriously, I could also live with them just doing a couple SG-1 movies a year. Knowing that SG-1 would continue in some way is all I really care about.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X