Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ark of truth is so short, why the wait?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Ark of truth is so short, why the wait?

Since it's officially been announced that Ark of Truth is only 97 minutes, why didn't they just do a two parter in Season 10? I would've traded "Family Ties" & "Bounty" for seeing the finale two years earlier.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

probably because by the time TBTB knew about the cancellation these eps had already been shot. also to wait a year for a movie is really good for merchandising and to attract new viewers. why do you think the LotR movies were released once a year? they made a hell of a lot of money
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      probably because by the time TBTB knew about the cancellation these eps had already been shot. also to wait a year for a movie is really good for merchandising and to attract new viewers. why do you think the LotR movies were released once a year? they made a hell of a lot of money
      They weren't. Tptb found out at the 200th ep party, that was before several eps were even written, much less shot. In fact "Family Ties" references the cancellation.
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
        They weren't. Tptb found out at the 200th ep party, that was before several eps were even written, much less shot. In fact "Family Ties" references the cancellation.
        I thought they already shot 17 eps before they found out about the cancellation. probably got something mixed up. anyway I guess I was wrong, sry. but that still leaves the other reason I mentioned. the franchise was/is alive and well and TBTB knew enough people would probably buy the dvds, so why not make a movie?
        sigpic

Comment

I thought they already shot 17 eps before they found out about the cancellation. probably got something mixed up. anyway I guess I was wrong, sry. but that still leaves the other reason I mentioned. the franchise was/is alive and well and TBTB knew enough people would probably buy the dvds, so why not make a movie?
          I thought 17 epps done before the cancellation too...

Comment

Nope. All but the last 2 eps had completed scripts by the time they found out they were cancelled. That's why the last ep required a bit of a rewrite. I think, IIRC, that the last 4 eps had not been shot yet at that time either. But yes, they did officially find out at the 200th party, something that I still think was a HORRIBLE display of no class on the part of SciFi. It's kind of like going to someone's birthday party and standing up in the middle of it and announcing the birthday boy/girl has been fired, getting audited by the IRS, and suffers from hemorhoids. Know what I mean? They could have atleast waited until the next day after the party to tell them. Instead, they turned what was a happy time and ruined it for everyone. Only goes to show how much Skiffy is nothing more than a bunch of scumbags. So, in a way, I am REALLY happy the network is having so much trouble now. Serves them right. Bunch of Shol'va Flarging Pe'taqs! (He he he, I used insults from SG, SW, and ST! LOL!!)
            Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
            Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post
              Nope. All but the last 2 eps had completed scripts by the time they found out they were cancelled. That's why the last ep required a bit of a rewrite. I think, IIRC, that the last 4 eps had not been shot yet at that time either. But yes, they did officially find out at the 200th party, something that I still think was a HORRIBLE display of no class on the part of SciFi. It's kind of like going to someone's birthday party and standing up in the middle of it and announcing the birthday boy/girl has been fired, getting audited by the IRS, and suffers from hemorhoids. Know what I mean? They could have atleast waited until the next day after the party to tell them. Instead, they turned what was a happy time and ruined it for everyone. Only goes to show how much Skiffy is nothing more than a bunch of scumbags. So, in a way, I am REALLY happy the network is having so much trouble now. Serves them right. Bunch of Shol'va Flarging Pe'taqs! (He he he, I used insults from SG, SW, and ST! LOL!!)

I haven't watched SW in a while, can you refresh my memory please - Flarging?

yeah that was pretty cruel by SciFI!
              sigpic

Comment

I think, IIRC, that the last 4 eps had not been shot yet
                OK, makes sense.
                sigpic
                ~David Hewlett

Comment

I couldn't agree more. That was absolutely the worst thing ever to tell them they're cancelled at the 200th episode party.

But I actually liked "Bounty" and "Family Ties", they were cute and interesting episodes that opened up the lives of Mitchell and Vala for us.

Vala,

Comment

I hope the next movies will be longer (120-140 minutes long), when they will see the success of the first two DVD film and they won't rush so much.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Since it's officially been announced that Ark of Truth is only 97 minutes, why didn't they just do a two parter in Season 10? I would've traded "Family Ties" & "Bounty" for seeing the finale two years earlier.
                      Because by the time they realised they were being cancelled they didn't have the time or money available to pull it off.

Comment

I haven't watched SW in a while, can you refresh my memory please - Flarging?

yeah that was pretty cruel by SciFI!
                        Flarging - is, and I quote:

An expletive which often referred to excrement.
                        Sure fits Skiffy doesn't it?
                        Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                        Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          I hope the next movies will be longer (120-140 minutes long), when they will see the success of the first two DVD film and they won't rush so much.
                          Quality > quantity.
                          The movies will be as long as they need to be.
                          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I think that most important thing is that the movie is coming out
                            sigpic
                            Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Flarging - is, and I quote:

An expletive which often referred to excrement.
                              Sure fits Skiffy doesn't it?
                              lol indeed thanx
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X