Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Ark of Truth' official release announcement

From TV Shows on DVD:

(...) Stargate SG-1 - The Ark of Truth will arrive on DVD this March 11th. Cost is $26.98 SRP in the USA, and CA$37.98 SRP in Canada. The 97-minute long production will be in widescreen, with English Dolby 5.1 audio, French and Spanish Dolby Surround audio, and subtitles in English and Spanish. Extras were not mentioned yet, but we do expect some to be present. Stay tuned for further word about that, and for box art, just as soon as we can!
    Hear that, guys? Now we have (confirmed) the date, the price and even the running time! Yay!
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
    From TV Shows on DVD:

Hear that, guys? Now we have (confirmed) the date, the price and even the running time! Yay!
    Excellent find!

Comment

And now I realize that ussrelativity beat me to it by six hours in "Stargate Movies". Dang, now I feel useless.

Comment

And now I realize that ussrelativity beat me to it by six hours in "Stargate Movies". Dang, now I feel useless.
        It's amazing that I was the first to post the information! Over at SG-1 Solutions, they mentioned me for the tip! Me!

Comment

Only 97 minutes?? That's only 7 minutes longer than the standard 2-parter episodes! That is such a dissapointment! Surely, they could have gone to last least 2 hours??

Vala,

Comment

LOL! It's a little early to be complaining that the movie's to short, isn't it? There is such a thing as stretching a film's running time longer than it should be, too... We won't know if it actually needs to be longer (or, heck; shorter) until we've actually seen it.

Comment

Excellent news! Coming around my bday. Yay!
              Seems little short, but we'll see.
              Can't wait!!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

From TV Shows on DVD:

How come us Canadians have to pay more to watch the same DVD when the Canadian Dollar is worth more than the US Peso? (And the darn shows are also filmed in Canada?) what a ripoff..

Comment

Anyone know the UK release date?
                  -- Brains12

Comment

Originally posted by us06154 View Post
                    How come us Canadians have to pay more to watch the same DVD when the Canadian Dollar is worth more than the US Peso? (And the darn shows are also filmed in Canada?) what a ripoff..
                    Indeed, although this is GREAT to hear, there's no real reason why us Canadians have to pay an extra ELEVEN DOLLARS than the USA, that's like saying our dollar's at $0.75 USD (2002 figure), last I recall, it's at $0.99 USD. The Canadian dollar is on par with the Greenback, and even with what our dollar was at a year ago, that's still WAY too much.

Nonetheless, let's hope Canadian retailers don't stick to the MSRP and par it with the American price.

Comment

As usual the Canadians get ripped off even though the show is filmed in Canada. In my area it will cost me at least 43.30 to get it (if I can get it local) because we have 14% taxes. It will be even more if I have to have it shipped in.

Well heck with that, I will wait to get it when its on for 10 bucks. If thats a year from release date or 10 years from release date then oh well. Either way though I will be seeing this long before I get it.

I love Stargate, but I don't love it that much to waste that much money.

Comment

That's what I wondered when I saw the prices. If I were Canadian, I'd be ticked. As it is, I'm disgruntled.
                        Tilting windmills since... well... too long ago to remember...

sigpic

My portfolio and repository:
                        http://z13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/

Comment

Originally posted by Silverwings View Post
                          That's what I wondered when I saw the prices. If I were Canadian, I'd be ticked. As it is, I'm disgruntled.
                          Because that's the way it's been. For eons, the Canuck dollar was worth less than the US dollar. However, due to the bungling with banks and the gov't, the US dollar has tanked terribly and the Canuck dollar is nearly on parity with the US dollar. Today, it's 1.5 cents less, so Canucks should demand being able to pay in US $ to save themselves in the long run

Comment

You should be lucky your not living the UK, the standard price of a dvd before shop discounts is about 20 quid and the last time i checked 20 quid in us dollars at 2.07 works out to be 41.4 bucks, and in candian money its even more than that.

Mind you it makes it cheap for us to come over there to shop, what with such weak currencies in both countries.

Anyone know the uk street date? and if its coming out on blu-ray?

Comment

Because the US Military helped to sponsor the DVDs .
                              sigpic
                              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                              X