Weird Ben Browder mention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Ben Browder mention

I was surprised to read this mention of Ben B in a recent interview with Rufus Sewell: http://www.broadway.com/gen/Buzz_Sto...ci=555758&pn=2

What happened with Judi Dench?
    We were ships in the night! [Laughs] Um, no. She came to give us a talk in school because we had this "face to face" thing that Mark Wing-Davey, who was running our school at the time, had organized where he had actors he knew come and talk to us eager little toads. At one point Ben Browder, who is now in a series called Farscape, put his hand up and said the unsayable, "Will you come and direct us?"

Did you all cringe?
    Yes, we were all like, "Oh, Ben! Gosh! Don't be so brash!" And then she said, "Yeah, OK." And she came back and directed Macbeth. I was extremely peeved to be cast as the Porter, but I did all I could with it. She got her agent to come, and a friend of hers who was running a theater company, Tim Pigott-Smith, also came and gave me a job. I only realized later it was because she had gone to them and said, "There's this whippersnapper you should go and see. If you can get him to turn up on time, he might be something." She was very helpful, but you could never say thank you to her.

I think Ben went to drama school with Rufus Sewell. Judi Dench is an alumni as well, and it sounds like she was visiting a class that both Ben and Rufus attended. BTW, the school was the Central School of Speech and Drama in London.

Comment

Thanks, I didn't know he trained in London, I was wondering how it came about because Sewell is a pretty well known actor in Britain. It's pretty cool that he got Dame Judy Dench to direct them.

Comment

Ben always says never be afraid to ask. So I guess he asked and she said yes. Good for him.

Sybil

Comment

Originally posted by Jessemay View Post
          I was surprised to read this mention of Ben B in a recent interview with Rufus Sewell: http://www.broadway.com/gen/Buzz_Sto...ci=555758&pn=2
          Oh, that was odd, but neat to read

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            Oh, that was odd, but neat to read

Indeed! I had no idea Ben had done that.
            sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Working...
            X