PDA

View Full Version : Where's Teyla?

andromeda_dan
December 2nd, 2007, 08:15 PM
searching for the Athosians? I am a bit surprise that she didn't gate back with the rest of her team.

Redhooks
December 2nd, 2007, 09:28 PM
searching for the Athosians? I am a bit surprise that she didn't gate back with the rest of her team.
What would she do on Earth to help out McKay find his sister? I think it was a big stretch to have Ronon come back, but at least he could be used for "muscle." Plus, as you said, she is probably spending all of her time searching for her people.

{Mod Snip}

Major_Griff
December 2nd, 2007, 10:25 PM
I'm actually glad that Teyla was absent from this ep. It made me realize how much they improved the character this season. I actually noticed the first time I watched the ep that she was missing. In the Intruder I didn't realize until the end when she finally shows up that she was not in the ep and in GUP, it took me several viewings before realizing she was not in that ep. I definitely think the fact that I noticed her absence shows that the character has become more involved and more important to the show than in the past.

Womble
December 3rd, 2007, 12:00 AM
They failed to make Ronon anything more than a fifth wheel in this episode- what, pray tell, would they have done with Teyla?

drake122
December 3rd, 2007, 01:08 AM
I didn't even notice she was missing. But to tell the truth, this ep wouldn't have been any better with her on screen either...

beale947
December 3rd, 2007, 03:41 AM
This was the first time I actually noticed she wasn't in it. Usually, I don't even notice untill the end when she in it for like 3 minutes.

Sheppard
December 3rd, 2007, 03:46 AM
Yes actually I did wonder where she was. Was she even in there at all? Where has she been?

sweetsamurai
December 3rd, 2007, 03:52 AM
She is probably having her breathing classess and eating loads in the cafateria. Reading the Pegasus Book of Baby names.

Skydiver
December 3rd, 2007, 04:52 AM
this is for theories about where teyla was during Miller's Crossing, not the place to take the mods to task.

And since g.o.d. has already asked the question in the ask teh mods thread, how about we get back to what she was up to during this episode

Falcon Horus
December 3rd, 2007, 05:50 AM
She is probably having her breathing classess and eating loads in the cafateria. Reading the Pegasus Book of Baby names.

*giggle* Imagine that scene...

Amalthea
December 3rd, 2007, 11:36 AM
Who says every character has to be in every episode anyway? She didn't fit here, end of story. I'm sure she has plenty to do back on Atlantis. Maybe she and Carter threw a "Girls only" party.

Major_Griff
December 3rd, 2007, 11:53 AM
Who says every character has to be in every episode anyway? She didn't fit here, end of story. I'm sure she has plenty to do back on Atlantis. Maybe she and Carter threw a "Girls only" party.

I like that idea... a lot.

Falcon Horus
December 3rd, 2007, 12:08 PM
Who says every character has to be in every episode anyway? She didn't fit here, end of story.

Neither did Ronon and yet he was there.

AutumnDream
December 3rd, 2007, 12:23 PM
I didn't notice anything. Sorry Teyla.

WingedPegasus
December 3rd, 2007, 01:38 PM
I'm actually glad that Teyla was absent from this ep. It made me realize how much they improved the character this season. I actually noticed the first time I watched the ep that she was missing. In the Intruder I didn't realize until the end when she finally shows up that she was not in the ep and in GUP, it took me several viewings before realizing she was not in that ep. I definitely think the fact that I noticed her absence shows that the character has become more involved and more important to the show than in the past.

Well, that's nice to know. :)

They failed to make Ronon anything more than a fifth wheel in this episode- what, pray tell, would they have done with Teyla?

She could've helped with the search. I doubt she would've said "just give me something to point a gun at." :ronan:

She's probably looking for her people, but a mention would've been nice . . .

Amalthea
December 3rd, 2007, 03:07 PM
Neither did Ronon and yet he was there.

True, but Shep did need someone to talk to. It's also likely that she might have been in the first drafts of this episode but then was cut after she got preggies, if this episode was filmed later in the production schedule when she was showing.

Falcon Horus
December 3rd, 2007, 04:11 PM
True, but Shep did need someone to talk to. It's also likely that she might have been in the first drafts of this episode but then was cut after she got preggies, if this episode was filmed later in the production schedule when she was showing.

Always possible.