This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Court Martial of Lt Col John Sheppard

Hear ye, hear ye! (hope that's spelled right)

All Gateworld members!

In light of the controversy following the episode Miller's Crossing, it has been leaked to the pentagon that Lt. Colonel John Sheppard might have falsified his report.

The preliminary investigation has evidence that this true--(we all saw the ep--we're the witness).

The jury will be via popular vote at the end of the trial by the members of the board. At the end of the trail, I will trust the mods to make the voting ballot for us based on the charges brought forth by this trail.

The charges are:

Voluntary manslaughter with option of a lesser charge conviction of involuntary manslaughter. Meaning the actions of the named defendant, Lt Col. John Sheppard led to the death of Mr. Wallace.

Falsification of documents with intent to deceive.

Misconduct of an Officer and a Gentleman by personal contact with Mr Wallace before his death in which private pictures of a civilian family were shown and explained a dreaded situation.

Aiding and abetting criminal conduct of Rodney McKay who sent classified information via internet to a private residence of a civilian.

For Colonel Sheppard's Court Martial we will need a defense attorney (board members). A prosecutor and a judge (members). The judge will withhold any judgment of guilt or innocence and administer the trail.

I will need volunteers to sign up for the above mentioned spots.

Please post your handle and if you would like to defend or prosecute.

For judge I would prefer a mod if one can be found.

end of public notice.

Please remember in a trial it is not the dead man. Do not place guilt on Mr Wallace for he cannot defend himself. John Sheppard is presumed innocent and must be proven guilty. The episode is the proof for sake of the trial. Only state what we know from the ep.

for reasons of personal attacks on me--I am closing this thread. Admin--please lock thread.
    Last edited by Jackie; 03 December 2007, 03:42 AM.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Originally posted by Jackie View Post

Aiding and abetting criminal conduct of Rodney McKay who sent classified information via internet to a private residence of a civilian.
    The civilian is ok to have that classified information.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
      The civilian is ok to have that classified information.

not at their private residence or personal computer IMO

However, it's up to the board to clear the charge or convict the charge.

Comment

I'll sign up for the position of defense council(All those lawyer shows might pay off)Shouldn't you have members sign up as witnesses and in the military a hearing has take place before court matarial
        Last edited by jelgate; 02 December 2007, 06:15 PM.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

What we "witnessed" isn't enough to convict anyone of anything.

He also had nothing to do with McKay sending information back to Mrs. Miller.
          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

There is no "smoking gun" as it were. We can suspect all we want, but someone has to come forward first.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I'll sign up for the position of defense council(All those lawyer shows might pay off)Shouldn't you have members sign up as witnesses and in the military a hearing has take place before court matarial
              Our only witness is the transcript of the show.

The object would be to follow the letter of the law and see just how guilty or innocent Sheppard would be.

The minimal charge he would be convicted on based on the transcript is false documentation.

I'm setting up the ground rules for an internet game of sorts. I have not signed up for any position myself. I'm trying to keep it clear of prejudice--including my own.

Comment

I could serve as the defense attorney if you still haven't got one.

Comment

Your article 32 hearing is supposed to establish charges that can be supported by evidence, can't go straight to court-martial until you have them.

Btw, are you doing this in-universe or out of universe?

I'm just curious. In universe, nobody's going to say they saw anything. Out of universe the writers have already exonerated him.

Hmm, could make an interesting fanfic.
                  Last edited by expendable_crewman; 02 December 2007, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Our only witness is the transcript of the show.

The object would be to follow the letter of the law and see just how guilty or innocent Sheppard would be.

The minimal charge he would be convicted on based on the transcript is false documentation.

I'm setting up the ground rules for an internet game of sorts. I have not signed up for any position myself. I'm trying to keep it clear of prejudice--including my own.
                    What jurisdiction? Looks like you want to have both state and federal indictments. You'd have to do at least two "trials."

And by stating he would be convicted (of false documentation) at a minimum before this "trial" has even started, taints it with prejudice already.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                    O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Hear ye, hear ye! (hope that's spelled right)

All Gateworld members!

In light of the controversy following the episode Miller's Crossing, it has been leaked to the pentagon that Lt. Colonel John Sheppard might have falsified his report.

The preliminary investigation has evidence that this true--(we all saw the ep--we're the witness).

The jury will be via popular vote at the end of the trial by the members of the board. At the end of the trail, I will trust the mods to make the voting ballot for us based on the charges brought forth by this trail.

The charges are:

Voluntary manslaughter with option of a lesser charge conviction of involuntary manslaughter. Meaning the actions of the named defendant, Lt Col. John Sheppard led to the death of Mr. Wallace.

Falsification of documents with intent to deceive.

Misconduct of an Officer and a Gentleman by personal contact with Mr Wallace before his death in which private pictures of a civilian family were shown and explained a dreaded situation.

For Colonel Sheppard's Court Martial we will need a defense attorney (board members). A prosecutor and a judge (members). The judge will withhold any judgment of guilt or innocence and administer the trail.

I will need volunteers to sign up for the above mentioned spots.

Please post your handle and if you would like to defend or prosecute.

For judge I would prefer a mod if one can be found.

end of public notice.

Please remember in a trial it is not the dead man. Do not place guilt on Mr Wallace for he cannot defend himself. John Sheppard is presumed innocent and must be proven guilty. The episode is the proof for sake of the trial. Only state what we know from the ep.
                      Yeah...I don't think so!
                      sigpic

Comment

Apropos of deleted posts, please keep RL politics out of this thread. RL law may be relevant, but RL politics is OT.

Cheers

Madeleine
                        GateWorld Moderator

Madeleine

Comment

Since everyone wants to be a defender, I volunteer for prosecution.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
                            What jurisdiction? Looks like you want to have both state and federal indictments. You'd have to do at least two "trials."

And by stating he would be convicted (of false documentation) at a minimum before this "trial" has even started, taints it with prejudice already.
                            hence I didn't sign up for prosecutor because I already think he's guilty. We do know he falsified records--the show stated it.

It would be a military trial not federal or civil. It would be under military law. I am searching for military law currently.

There are 2 who have volunteered for defense but the trail will still need a judge and prosecutor. Till someone signs up Shep will just have to remain in a holding cell.

Comment

Prosecution brings charges that Ltc. John Sheppard, USAF [hereafter referred to as "Sheppard"], exhibited willful negligence leading to the death of an American civilian on Unites States soil*.

Prosecution also charges that Ltc. Sheppard, again through negligence, allowed vital intelligence regarding Earth's primary military installation to be collected by a enemy combatant [hereafter referred to as "Todd"].

Prosecution does not bring charges of:
                              Treason (Giving American Military secrets to a Wraith to aid a canadian national)
                              Insubordination (Subverting the authority of General Hank M. Landry)
                              Violation of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" (Screw you, slashers.)

*(I beleive the show implies that Henry Wallace is an American, despite Jeannie being kidnapped from Canada)

Comment

Working...
                              X