PDA

View Full Version : Why "Miller's Crossing"?

The_Carpenter
December 1st, 2007, 07:05 PM
I don't really see the link between the episode title and what happens in the episode other than Mrs Miller being in it. But were does the Crossing come into it? Maybe I'm just being dense but its bugging me :mckay:

Mitchell82
December 1st, 2007, 07:07 PM
I don't really see the link between the episode title and what happens in the episode other than Mrs Miller being in it. But were does the Crossing come into it? Maybe I'm just being dense but its bugging me :mckay:

My guess is because of her being very close to death. ie Crossing over.

andromeda_dan
December 1st, 2007, 07:10 PM
TPTB may intend to use Jeannie's situation as a crossroad for Sheppard. He took the ultimate step over what anyone else would take to protect his friend and teammate.

Mitchell82
December 1st, 2007, 07:12 PM
TPTB may intend to use Jeannie's situation as a crossroad for Sheppard. He took the ultimate step over what anyone else would take to protect his friend and teammate.

Hmm well it wasn't just for that. He also has taken the step to saving all of the PG.

SaberBlade
December 1st, 2007, 07:25 PM
I think it may have something to do a with movie that shares the same name. It's about a gangster who has to keep the peace between two gangs at war and is stuck between both gangs when it comes to which to side with.

It sort fits with the episode, with McKay and Henry Wallace as two people who are pretty much at war with each other about what's going on, with Jeanie in the middle stuck trying to keep the peace. On top of that, she's also stuck on who to side with, because first she's with Rodney about escaping then with Wallace and curing his daughter and sorting out the machines.

It's just my theory.

P2J
December 1st, 2007, 07:27 PM
that guy used to cross connection between jenie and rodney to read there emails

Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel
December 1st, 2007, 08:44 PM
It was obvious to me right away that it was named after the movie Miller's Crossing. Both the movie and this episode had a lot of morally questionable stuff. A lot of grey areas and all that. And they're both quite dark, although the movie is much more violent and disturbing and GRAPHIC than the episode... :S And it ended with the "good guy" doing something not so "good guy"-like.

Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel
December 1st, 2007, 08:49 PM
I think it may have something to do a with movie that shares the same name. It's about a gangster who has to keep the peace between two gangs at war and is stuck between both gangs when it comes to which to side with.

It sort fits with the episode, with McKay and Henry Wallace as two people who are pretty much at war with each other about what's going on, with Jeanie in the middle stuck trying to keep the peace. On top of that, she's also stuck on who to side with, because first she's with Rodney about escaping then with Wallace and curing his daughter and sorting out the machines.

It's just my theory.
That could be another reason.

that guy used to cross connection between jenie and rodney to read there emails
There's that, too... but I'm sure the writers had the movie in their mind when naming it. It is one of the mast famous/infamous gangster movies.

Copernicus
December 1st, 2007, 08:54 PM
I think Martin Gero is just using movies with "Miller" in their titles for every Jeannie episode. I find it humourous.

P2J
December 2nd, 2007, 05:12 AM
might have to ask joe

The_Carpenter
December 2nd, 2007, 07:28 AM
Ahh didn't realise there was a movie by the same name... that's probably it then.

Cheers

freetoken
December 2nd, 2007, 05:49 PM
Here is the IMDB entry for Miller's Crossing:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100150/

As it is a Coen brothers movie it is probably pretty good, but I have not seen it.

There were many "crossings" in this episode of SGA:

Mrs. Miller herself crossed over from being purely human to one now hybridized with machines.

Wallace crossed over from being a gov contractor to being a felon.

Wallace's daughter crossed the divide from life to death, then back again.

The wraith crossed over from the PG to Earth via stargate for the first time. Ronan too.

And yes, Sheppard crossed over, perhaps. As stated on other threads I have not opposition to making Sheppard a darker, not-squeaky clean character, but I think previous episodes have already shown him to not be the most moral of characters, so I don't consider what he did a new thing, just a further step down the road.

IcyNeko
December 6th, 2007, 09:28 PM
My guess is because of her being very close to death. ie Crossing over.

without john edwards.

jelgate
December 6th, 2007, 09:34 PM
without john edwards.

Don't even get me started with that show. Its all fake

Vorash
December 12th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Before i even saw the ep or new anything about it apart from the name. The film Millers Crossing came to mind. After seeing it i think i still think the ep is named after the film