PDA

View Full Version : Yes/No Will the Ancients help???

wkw427
December 1st, 2007, 04:20 PM
When you look it, SG1 are trying to save the people of the MW. But if you understand what is happening, they are actually protecting the ancients...

So will they give in and help the fight?

L˙mendil
December 1st, 2007, 04:26 PM
Well if you look at the pictures we see one of Merlin. So we can safely assume he will help. If I remember correctly, Morgan Le Fay is also a part of the cast, so maybe she'll help too. As far as the bulk of the ascended ancients goes, I really doubt if they'll help. Their resolution has been very firm so far, and it seems to be a matter of principle for them more than anything. By helping humans they would be giving up everything they stand for, and based on the impression i've gotten of them, they are too stubborn, proud, and arrogant to do that even if it means compromising their very existence.

SaberBlade
December 1st, 2007, 04:44 PM
No.

The Ancients may make an appearance, but be a source of actual help, no chance. They may bend the rules here or there but actual help I can't see. In the great grand scheme of things, Earth already has what it needs to win.

Orii ships can be destroyed, the Orii themselves have very likely been and even if some survived, the Ancients could take care of them and Adria should they break the rules.

All that needs to be taken care of it the troop and once the Ark of Truth has been used, then that's everything.

jenks
December 1st, 2007, 04:46 PM
It's nothing to do with pride, they just don't want to compromise their beliefs when they don't need to, and Merlin won't help, he's dead, the pic of him from the movie is probably a hologram.

fluffypigeon
December 1st, 2007, 05:32 PM
You know, I thought I read somewhere on the boards that Morgan LeFay and Adria duke it out. Maybe it was just speculation, but that would be freaking cool as hell if it did happen. Morgan's gotten in trouble before with the Ancients. If the circumstance warranted it, I could see her jumping in. She's found ways around the rules before. Though we may see her suffer some severe consequences if she does try to help.

SaberBlade
December 1st, 2007, 05:39 PM
Morgan didn't break the rules before.

It's possible that like Daniel, someone stopped her before she crossed that line. We've seen how people who break the rules get punished and if Morgan was punished, I think it would involve keeping far away from the Orii situation and Adria.

fluffypigeon
December 1st, 2007, 06:26 PM
I thought she was breaking the rules when she tried to tell them about the Sangraal. I thought that being yanked was punishment for that. No? Isn't that interferring? I suppose not. Daniel did do the same thing and he wasn't pulled until he tried to take out Anubis. I guess I thought being yanked back by the Ancients as a consequence for their actions as much as it was a preventative measure to keep the undesired interference from happening. It's not like we've seen her since then. We don't know if she had to suffer any repercussions for almost sharing too much information.

the fifth man
December 1st, 2007, 07:09 PM
I think some Ancients, like Morgan will help us. But the Ancients as a whole, no, I don't see that happening. They may turn a collective "blind-eye" though to Morgan aiding us.

Aryk Celestis
December 2nd, 2007, 12:00 AM
I agree with most people here. I think Orlin (or was it Morgan Le Fay?) mentioned at some point that there was a growing group of Ascended Ancients that felt like him and wanted to help. I'm pretty sure some of them will try to help SG-1 out a bit but the Ancients as a whole? Probably not...

We do know that Daniel has another 'talk' to the Ancients (or one of them or something)... Maybe he finally gets through to them?

garhkal
December 2nd, 2007, 01:07 AM
If we do get some ancients helping us, i wonder if any of the now ascended Abydonians are going to be amongst them..

g.o.d
December 2nd, 2007, 01:22 AM
as far as we know only a majority vote of Ascended beings make decisions. Unfortunately for us, it's a minority group which wants to help us. But already know that Morgan will get to confront with Adria (so it's possible it's now a majority which wants to help us)

Athosian Death facilitator
December 2nd, 2007, 02:39 AM
Someone stepping in to stop Morgan, such as: Scare or Oma.

Is Anubis dead yet, could see him joining the Ori, but they don't like the Goa'uld very much do they.

I like the interference idea. very smart.

jenks
December 2nd, 2007, 03:02 AM
Why would Oma want to stop Morgan?

umopapisdn
December 2nd, 2007, 03:33 AM
I could see there being some sort of rebellion amongst the ancients and having a group of them trying to help fight the ori though it does seem very unlikely this will happen because they are too stubborn and arrogant.

wkw427
December 2nd, 2007, 12:25 PM
Well I could see them helping. Picture this:

SG1 surrounded by priors and soldiers pointing their guns at them.

Few dozon ancients appear around the priors and soldiers, they try to shoot, but they are blocked by the ascended poweresses.

Priors get turned back into humans, adria shows up.

The group of ancients merge their power, try to take out adria, but get beaten.

SG1 is about to be killed by Adria

Ancients of a whole appear, destory adria, adcivate the AoT.

They whipe SG1's minds, so they think they defeated the ori.

Nobody knows the ancients interfered.

Eh?

Blistna
December 2nd, 2007, 02:45 PM
I don't believe the ancients will help...but about the Orii being all dead...I hope not, because then Adria is more powerful then any one can ever imagine....and her people in this galaxy will make sure she gets more powerful....so...i hope the weapon did not work...

ReganX
December 2nd, 2007, 03:10 PM
When you look it, SG1 are trying to save the people of the MW. But if you understand what is happening, they are actually protecting the ancients...

If deus ex machina becomes necessary, they will.

Corpze
December 2nd, 2007, 04:04 PM
I think that the Ancients will help. I believe (or mainly maybe just hope) that there will be a big "rebel" and some of the Ancients will come and help the Earthlings. As Morgan Le Fay said in "Pegasus Project" (SG-1 s10e03), there are some ancients that would like to help SGC to defeat the Ori, but majority of them wouldn't like to interfere. And after that she vanished. So I think there will be few ancients fighting for their own future.

nova
December 2nd, 2007, 04:17 PM
i believe merlin will help, maybe oma (but is'nt she tied up with anubis)

but for the rest of the ancients, i doubt they care about us

s09119
December 2nd, 2007, 04:44 PM
The Ancients go a little further with their help every time they give it. So this may very well be the time they finally step in and use their power for a grand result (ie. helping SG-1 defeat the Ori army or beat back the Priors).

Ultimately, they've refused to help us because their entire society post-ascension, now thousands of years old, is based around non-interference. They, like the Tollan, have seen what giving the great knowledge they possess to those that are unready for it can do, and they don't want another Ori incident on their hands. In their eyes, Earth is close to being ready for it, but not quite, and they may very well be right.

But I think that now, with the entire universe at such a crossroads, they may realize that Daniel was right, that if the Ori aren't stopped here, they may never be stopped. And they may, at last, finish the fight that's been millions of years in the making.

wkw427
December 2nd, 2007, 04:50 PM
I would say maby billions of years in the making.

1. Altera and Ori seperate

2. Altera leave for a million year trip to Avalon

3. Ancients live on Earth for millions of years

4. They leave, spend ~5 million years in pegasus

5. ascend

the fifth man
December 2nd, 2007, 05:22 PM
I would say maby billions of years in the making.

1. Altera and Ori seperate

2. Altera leave for a million year trip to Avalon

3. Ancients live on Earth for millions of years

4. They leave, spend ~5 million years in pegasus

5. ascend

Whether measured in millions of years or a billion, it has still been a very long time. The Ancients should be involved in the end, if even in just a small way.

heliosphere
December 3rd, 2007, 06:29 AM
I wish they would interfere because it would be interesting to see, but I don't think they will other than a few subtle pushes like Daniel did in Abyss when he was giving hints to Teal'c. Just enough so they don't get into trouble.

Fenrir Foxz
December 3rd, 2007, 07:10 AM
I wish they would interfere because it would be interesting to see, but I don't think they will other than a few subtle pushes like Daniel did in Abyss when he was giving hints to Teal'c. Just enough so they don't get into trouble.

I came across a spoiler that Morgan LeFay confronts Adria, so I would assume that the ancients do fight back or at least some change their mind about their non-interference policy...

umopapisdn
December 3rd, 2007, 07:17 AM
Really it's the ancients fight, the other races got caught up in the middle because of the nature of the oris teachings.

the fifth man
December 3rd, 2007, 07:37 PM
Really it's the ancients fight, the other races got caught up in the middle because of the nature of the oris teachings.

Really though, a lot of the villains in Stargate owe the Ancients for becoming what they have. Like the Goa'uld, the Wraith, and the Ori. The Ancients' mistakes have become our problems quite regularly.

s09119
December 4th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Really though, a lot of the villains in Stargate owe the Ancients for becoming what they have. Like the Goa'uld, the Wraith, and the Ori. The Ancients' mistakes have become our problems quite regularly.

Not true:

1. The Goa'uld are genetically evil. They would have become what they did regardless of finding Ancient technology; that merely helped them develop faster transportation (and you can't really blame the Ancients for that, they could not help that some would scavenge the ruins of their plague-ridden civilization in the Milky Way).
2. The Wraith... we still don't really know how that whole thing began, so I don't think we can say much on them yet. But the Wraith beat the Ancients, so we can't blame the Ancients for their rise to power in Pegasus.
3. The Ori became evil following the departure of the Alterans (Ancients). That's not their fault, they left because they didn't want to be dragged down with the Ori or have to fight them later on.

jenks
December 4th, 2007, 01:17 PM
The Goa'uld are only genetically evil due to their genetic memory combined with the Sarcophagus technology, which was derived from an Ancient device.

ha'tak_
December 4th, 2007, 01:28 PM
it is not so relavend to this thread but about the ancient, merlin was the last high counsiler of atlantis,but he was not in charge when they acended, or all of acended pepole ancient?
about the thread no i dont thing the will help

s09119
December 4th, 2007, 01:31 PM
The Goa'uld are only genetically evil due to their genetic memory combined with the Sarcophagus technology, which was derived from an Ancient device.

I'm not sure a race's being evil is caused solely by that... humanity is by and large very evil, after all, and we have no sarcophagus. But either way, you can't blame the Ancients for that; it's not their fault the Goa'uld found it.

That'd be like blaming the Egyptians for spreading a plague because it festered in one of their tombs for a millennia and we let it out.

Integrabyte
December 4th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Whether measured in millions of years or a billion, it has still been a very long time. The Ancients should be involved in the end, if even in just a small way.

...a fruit basket or a card :D

the fifth man
December 4th, 2007, 07:31 PM
...a fruit basket or a card :D

At the very least a very big "Thank You" for cleaning up their mess, and saving their ascended butts.

ReganX
December 5th, 2007, 09:17 AM

Daniel was treading a very fine line. I don't see most of the Ascended going as far as he did. The majority of them must agree with the non-interference policy, because only a few have interfered and those who do are usually stopped or punished by the others, so chances are that they're not going to be trying to bend the rules.

If they were okay with sitting around eating pancakes while Anubis wiped out all life in the Milky Way, I can't see why they'd step in to help humans this time around.

Aerilon
December 5th, 2007, 01:14 PM
I would have to say no, though, on the Trailer, Daniel is talking to someone, and saying the time to fight is now or something along those lines...

The thing is, with the Ancients / Ori, if the Ori are suppose to have interfered, then howcome they can't just make Earth vanish? Likewise, if the Ancients did get involved, wouldn't they just be able to make all the Ori Ships dissapear into nothing?

Would be a War cut short I think.

SaberBlade
December 5th, 2007, 01:22 PM
I would have to say no, though, on the Trailer, Daniel is talking to someone, and saying the time to fight is now or something along those lines...

The thing is, with the Ancients / Ori, if the Ori are suppose to have interfered, then howcome they can't just make Earth vanish? Likewise, if the Ancients did get involved, wouldn't they just be able to make all the Ori Ships dissapear into nothing?

Would be a War cut short I think.

The line about "the time to fight is now" from season 10 of SG1, during 'The Pegasus Project'.

They don't have the power to make things vanish. They can blow **** up but that's about it. The Ancients won't blow up Orii ships because that's interfering and the Orii can't attack Earth because the Ancients would stop them because the Orii don't have enough power to attack.

P-90_177
December 5th, 2007, 01:24 PM
I'm going to say no. The ancients will never help us accept for a few outsiders like morgan le fay. though i have always hoped that the abydonians would come back to help.

ha'tak_
December 5th, 2007, 01:29 PM
whit the abydones + morgen + the others se siad were reide to folow her if she did some thing(pegasus project) it is a big goup to stand op against the others

Jumper_One
December 5th, 2007, 02:00 PM
I'm going to say no. The ancients will never help us accept for a few outsiders like morgan le fay.

agreed. the Ancients have always had a non interference policy, why would they change that now? the only ascended beings who ever helped us are Daniel, Oma and Morgan le Fay

ReganX
December 5th, 2007, 03:07 PM
agreed. the Ancients have always had a non interference policy, why would they change that now? the only ascended beings who ever helped us are Daniel, Oma and Morgan le Fay

And Daniel's not Ascended any more, Oma's busy and Morgan le Fay is probably still sitting on a cosmic Naughty Step over "Pegasus Project".

jenks
December 5th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Morgan was exiled.

ReganX
December 5th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Morgan was exiled.

Exiled as in not Ascended anymore or exiled as in a free agent.

jenks
December 5th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Free agent. :)

garhkal
December 5th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Why wasn't she decended like daniel??

SaberBlade
December 5th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Why wasn't she decended like daniel??

Daniel decided to descend, Morgan being an actual Ancient would probably be more dangerous because then the ascended rules would no longer apply so exiling her would be better than making her mortal.

Amalthea
December 5th, 2007, 07:39 PM
I don't think the Ancients are coming, and quite frankly, I don't want them too. They hung us out to dry, so we can save ourselves, dag nabbit.

And then Danny boy will turn around and use the weapon on them just 'cuz! LOL

ReganX
December 6th, 2007, 02:05 PM
I don't think the Ancients are coming, and quite frankly, I don't want them too. They hung us out to dry, so we can save ourselves, dag nabbit.

Well said. Frankly, I prefer it when the team fight their own battles.

maylet
December 6th, 2007, 02:54 PM
I don't think they're going to help, they never help them, and the ones who did help were exiled, so why would they help them now?

Fenrir Foxz
December 6th, 2007, 03:28 PM

And Orlin, even though he decended but he kept as much ascended knowlege as he could to help against the Ori... It sort of counts as he did break ascended rules to do that...

Jumper_One
December 6th, 2007, 03:41 PM
And Orlin, even though he decended but he kept as much ascended knowlege as he could to help against the Ori... It sort of counts as he did break ascended rules to do that...

crap I knew I forgot someone ;) you're right though, he did break the rules, just like Daniel, Oma and Morgan le Fay

g.o.d
December 7th, 2007, 01:15 AM

the Others allowed it

maylet
December 7th, 2007, 08:13 PM
I said it before and I will say now, I don't think they're going to help, they should help, but I don't think they're going to do it

Prometheus 1
December 8th, 2007, 03:39 PM
i'd like to see like vala, mitchell, teal'c, and carter on odyssey being pounded with enemy fire and daniel screaming for help from the ancients and just as the odyssey is about to be destroyed and massive fleet of ancient aurora ships appear and assist the odyssey and sg-1

chyron
December 8th, 2007, 03:57 PM

It could be that they do the whole interfer to save the galaxy thing and from there go off an leave a la Babylon 5.

garhkal
December 8th, 2007, 04:56 PM
i'd like to see like vala, mitchell, teal'c, and carter on odyssey being pounded with enemy fire and daniel screaming for help from the ancients and just as the odyssey is about to be destroyed and massive fleet of ancient aurora ships appear and assist the odyssey and sg-1

Or better yet, we see lots of glowy shapes appear and start to swoop around the Odyessey absorbing the shots, like Oma did with the staff shots in Kehm..

chyron
December 8th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Someone stepping in to stop Morgan, such as: Scare or Oma.

Is Anubis dead yet, could see him joining the Ori, but they don't like the Goa'uld very much do they.

I like the interference idea. very smart.

Why would Oma want to stop Morgan?

I'm pretty certain that Oma and Anubis are foreever out the picture given that her only option to stop Anubis was to fight him.

maylet
December 9th, 2007, 11:42 AM
The question is, why would they help now. They had a lot of chances to help and they didn't, so that takes me to what I say before, they're not going to help

Detox
December 10th, 2007, 01:08 PM
It's nothing to do with pride, they just don't want to compromise their beliefs when they don't need to, and Merlin won't help, he's dead, the pic of him from the movie is probably a hologram.

Well, it IS scifi, so I wouldn't peg him as fully dead just yet.

jenks
December 10th, 2007, 02:42 PM
It's Morgan pretending to be Merlin.

the fifth man
December 10th, 2007, 07:41 PM

That's a little crazy. Can't wait to see that.

Fenrir Foxz
December 10th, 2007, 08:41 PM

Really? Is that canon?
I wonder why she's pretending to be Myrdin then...

SaberBlade
December 11th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Really? Is that canon?
I wonder why she's pretending to be Myrdin then...

It's taken from a spoiler excerpt from Andreas The Ark of Turth - Promotional Photography (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=48121) thread. I am not sure the source, but there is no reason to doubt his excerpts so yes it is canon.

As for why, It's a bad choice really. A lack of knowledge about what happened during 'The Quest'.

maylet
December 11th, 2007, 06:25 AM
Not, they're not going to help

DarkSullivan
December 19th, 2007, 11:15 AM

So will they give in and help the fight?Yes they will help in the very end.