PDA

View Full Version : Merlin's Return !

Raj_2006
December 1st, 2007, 11:32 AM
Is it just me or is Merlin in Ark of Truth? :D

http://www.gateworld.net/movies/images/02_16.jpg.shtml

I thought he was dead and that it was just Morgan Le Fay who is returning? Is he going to be a hologram again?

umopapisdn
December 1st, 2007, 11:49 AM
His staff looks similar to an ori priors. It would be interesting to see how he returns, if he is just a hologram or in the flesh (I use that term loosly).

g.o.d
December 1st, 2007, 11:52 AM
I think it's only a hologram. But it's possible Daniel still has his memories and some knowledge

Lķmendil
December 1st, 2007, 03:30 PM
If it's necessary to make the plot work, I'm sure the creators could find a way to bring him back. Maybe Morgan Le Fay made a copy of his conciousness and hid it somewhere.. ;) You never know!

SaberBlade
December 1st, 2007, 03:55 PM
I am not sure if it's a hologram because the costume is wrong.

We've seen holo-merlin twice, and both times he wore the same outfit and hat.

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s9/901/linz/html/stargate09422.html
http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s9/920/html/camelot318.html

This time he's wearing something different and doesn't have his hat. A hologram is the obvious thing, but I can't see how Merlin would have a hologram related to the Ark of Truth if it's located in the Orii home galaxy. It could be a flashback. That would be my guess.

MartianManhunter
December 1st, 2007, 04:01 PM
Who cares how he came back, the only thinkg that matters is that he is back(preferably in the flesh, but you cant be to picky with this show) and I cant wait to see him again.:)

DeRoest
December 1st, 2007, 04:06 PM
that's cool. it would be great if they had him "age backwards" like in T. H. White. Gotta keep up with the mythology!

the fifth man
December 1st, 2007, 06:16 PM
Who cares how he came back, the only thinkg that matters is that he is back(preferably in the flesh, but you cant be to picky with this show) and I cant wait to see him again.:)

Same here. I really liked his character, especially what we got to see of him in "The Quest, Part 2".

2ndgenerationalteran
December 1st, 2007, 11:07 PM
im thinking it maybe part of one of merlin's other projects maybe its directions to the ark of truth, hidden in our galaxy and he is a hologram again.

umopapisdn
December 2nd, 2007, 02:36 AM
If it is a hologram it is damn good quality and it is not overly light like other ones, the other ones of him seem not to be like that. I prefer the flashback idea.

Raj_2006
December 2nd, 2007, 02:42 AM
I hope he is back. The actor is prefect to play Merlin in SG universe. Morgan or Oma could of Ascended him? :D

jenks
December 2nd, 2007, 02:45 AM
If it is a hologram it is damn good quality and it is not overly light like other ones, the other ones of him seem not to be like that. I prefer the flashback idea.

They're not screen shots from the movie, they pictures someone on set has taken.

wkw427
December 2nd, 2007, 05:05 AM
He looks too natural to be a hologram. If you were planning to save a visual representation of yourself for all of time, you would want to look your best..

Vala_M
December 2nd, 2007, 07:15 AM
He probably got ascended or something like that, remember his body stayed behind on the second planet in "The Quest, Pt. 2". The Ori warriors did report finding his body so I don't know, usually, one ascends almost immediately.

Vala,

g.o.d
December 2nd, 2007, 07:52 AM
He probably got ascended or something like that, remember his body stayed behind on the second planet in "The Quest, Pt. 2". The Ori warriors did report finding his body so I don't know, usually, one ascends almost immediately.

Vala,

but his mind was transfered into Daniel's brain. What's a body without mind? nothing

Integrabyte
December 2nd, 2007, 08:12 AM
but his mind was transfered into Daniel's brain. What's a body without mind? nothing

...a bad asgard clone ? :D

g.o.d
December 2nd, 2007, 09:08 AM
ok, now we know it's not Merlin or a hologram.it's Morgan in disguise.

Vala_M
December 2nd, 2007, 09:57 AM

I thought that his mind was just copied not transfered to the machine.

And anyway according to the spoilers on the Ark of Truth pics thread
That it's just Morgan LeFay in the form of Merlin, not actually Merlin.

Vala,

wolverine_nl
December 2nd, 2007, 10:09 AM
have a good look at the staff and his clothes, they found his body they said, so the Ori are able to revive dead people (see Vala burned to death and the plaque deaths on Ketesh's old planet)
So they could have revived him and turned him or something, his clothes and staff say he is Ori

g.o.d
December 2nd, 2007, 10:26 AM
have a good look at the staff and his clothes, they found his body they said, so the Ori are able to revive dead people (see Vala burned to death and the plaque deaths on Ketesh's old planet)
So they could have revived him and turned him or something, his clothes and staff say he is Ori

he's not an Ori;) mega spoiler for youit's Morgan in disguise

DeRoest
December 2nd, 2007, 10:44 AM
whatever happened to Ma'chello? I bet that guy was an ancient.

Calhoun
December 2nd, 2007, 11:09 AM
ok, now we know it's not Merlin or a hologram.it's Morgan in disguise.

Is it just me, or does Morgan enjoy playing dressup more than is healthy for a thousand-year-old woman? ;)

And why does playing dressup seem to be enough to get around the Ascended Being's "Prime Directive"?

wkw427
December 2nd, 2007, 11:19 AM
10,000 year old...

The Ori could revive Merlin, but he would just be mindless. His knowlage and memorys were given to Daniel

Raj_2006
December 2nd, 2007, 12:37 PM
10,000 year old...

The Ori could revive Merlin, but he would just be mindless. His knowlage and memorys were given to Daniel

But then he was gone, at the end of Shroud. We don't know all of the ascended beings abilitys. Maybe u don't need the body. Remember you transform into pure engery when ascending.

jenks
December 2nd, 2007, 07:47 PM
10,000 year old...

We don't know if they were transfered or copied.

Fenrir Foxz
December 2nd, 2007, 07:57 PM
We don't know if they were transfered or copied.

Maybe Merlin's mind asended again after it reset Daniel back form being a Prior to a regular human...

*Just a thought*

g.o.d
December 2nd, 2007, 11:36 PM
Maybe Merlin's mind asended again after it reset Daniel back form being a Prior to a regular human...

*Just a thought*

have you read the newest spoiler from Andreas? There's an answer;)

Raj_2006
December 3rd, 2007, 01:37 PM
Well he just have to wait and see when the moive comes out or go to the movies section of gateworld to find out.

maylet
December 10th, 2007, 05:25 PM
If he's back, that would be really good

Jumper_One
December 10th, 2007, 05:36 PM
If he's back, that would be really good

he won't be back

Fenrir Foxz
December 10th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Well he just have to wait and see when the moive comes out or go to the movies section of gateworld to find out.

Yep...

Raj_2006
December 12th, 2007, 09:04 AM
he won't be back

how do u no? u can't really say that. The movie hasn't been released yet and when u go to the movie seaction of gateworld it says the actor who plays merlin is back and so is Merlin.

jenks
December 12th, 2007, 09:23 AM
how do u no? u can't really say that. The movie hasn't been released yet and when u go to the movie seaction of gateworld it says the actor who plays merlin is back and so is Merlin.

It's Morgan pretending to be Merlin.

Jumper_One
December 12th, 2007, 12:09 PM

because we already know it's Morgan le Fay pretending to be Merlin

sry to disappoint you

Raj_2006
December 13th, 2007, 02:04 PM
because we already know it's Morgan le Fay pretending to be Merlin

sry to disappoint you

proof please.

Jumper_One
December 13th, 2007, 02:12 PM
proof please.

this is what Andreas posted in the AoT promotional Photography thread

major spoilers for Ark of TruthMerlin: It's not over. Don't give up.
Daniel: You're not Merlin.
Merlin: I'm here to help you.
Daniel: Then help me.
Merlin: You must find the strength.
Daniel: No. No. No, I've had it, and I'm not really in the mood for games right now. You're not a figment of my imagination and you're not Merlin. You're Morgan LeFay.
Merlin: You're delirious.
Daniel: Merlin died and he didn't ascend. His consciousness left me. Itís, it's gone. The Ancients must be able to see through your disguise. I know I can, I just don't know why you think it's necessary.
Morgan LeFay: You were once ascended. You know how complicated it can be. Interfering with the lower plains is not allowed.
Daniel: Yeah, I know. I did it myself more than once. Helping me is forbidden, and letting me know you're helping me, well, that's worse.
Morgan LeFay: I did it once and they stopped me. I was exiled for it.
Daniel: Yet, here you are.

Fenrir Foxz
December 13th, 2007, 09:51 PM
this is what Andreas posted in the AoT promotional Photography thread

major spoilers for Ark of TruthMerlin: It's not over. Don't give up.
Daniel: You're not Merlin.
Merlin: I'm here to help you.
Daniel: Then help me.
Merlin: You must find the strength.
Daniel: No. No. No, I've had it, and I'm not really in the mood for games right now. You're not a figment of my imagination and you're not Merlin. You're Morgan LeFay.
Merlin: You're delirious.
Daniel: Merlin died and he didn't ascend. His consciousness left me. Itís, it's gone. The Ancients must be able to see through your disguise. I know I can, I just don't know why you think it's necessary.
Morgan LeFay: You were once ascended. You know how complicated it can be. Interfering with the lower plains is not allowed.
Daniel: Yeah, I know. I did it myself more than once. Helping me is forbidden, and letting me know you're helping me, well, that's worse.
Morgan LeFay: I did it once and they stopped me. I was exiled for it.
Daniel: Yet, here you are.

Cool Spoiler!!!

daniel9
December 16th, 2007, 04:21 AM
lol based on those spoilers i guess we know the punishment morgan got. but what does being exiled mean? and why dont think exile other ancients instead of taking away their memory, taking their power or making them human? even anubis was punished with his powers taken away by half.

I hope he is back. The actor is prefect to play Merlin in SG universe. Morgan or Oma could of Ascended him? :D

lol why would merlin need oma or morgan to ascend him? he is merlin! he IS an ascend and one that sat on the lantean high council. i dont think he NEEDS anyone to ascend him

g.o.d
December 16th, 2007, 04:39 AM
lol based on those spoilers i guess we know the punishment morgan got. but what does being exiled mean? and why dont think exile other ancients instead of taking away their memory, taking their power or making them human? even anubis was punished with his powers taken away by half.

lol why would merlin need oma or morgan to ascend him? he is merlin! he IS an ascend and one that sat on the lantean high council. i dont think he NEEDS anyone to ascend him

according to Orlin the second ascension requires help from other ascended being. So no, Merlin couldn't have ascended againd

jenks
December 16th, 2007, 06:41 AM
according to Orlin the second ascension requires help from other ascended being. So no, Merlin couldn't have ascended againd

That's only because they descended him that way.

daniel9
December 16th, 2007, 07:15 AM
i thought merlin already ascended 2 times

Gate-builder
December 16th, 2007, 11:56 PM
i thought merlin already ascended 2 times

I could be wrong but i think he only ascended once. He came back to Earth from Atlantis and ascended, then seeing the threat that the Ori could one day pose he re-took human form and created the Sangreal. Then Morgan Le Fay who was sent to keep an eye on him ended up sticking him in stasis where SG-1 eventually found him.

Raj_2006
December 17th, 2007, 08:22 AM
I could be wrong but i think he only ascended once. He came back to Earth from Atlantis and ascended, then seeing the threat that the Ori could one day pose he re-took human form and created the Sangreal. Then Morgan Le Fay who was sent to keep an eye on him ended up sticking him in stasis where SG-1 eventually found him.

Thats right. O, i can't wait for this movie. :cameron:

IcyNeko
December 17th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Is it just me or is Merlin in Ark of Truth? :D

http://www.gateworld.net/movies/images/02_16.jpg.shtml

I thought he was dead and that it was just Morgan Le Fay who is returning? Is he going to be a hologram again?

GANDALF? IT CAN'T BE.. YOU FELL!

Jumper_One
December 17th, 2007, 09:46 AM
GANDALF? IT CAN'T BE.. YOU FELL!

...as Gandalf the Grey and came back as Gandalf the White ;)

Fenrir Foxz
December 18th, 2007, 03:27 AM
...as Gandalf the Grey and came back as Gandalf the White ;)

Gandalf the Ascended!

sparkygate
December 18th, 2007, 03:32 AM
Wow his buffed(fat) up :)

Raj_2006
December 24th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Wow his buffed(fat) up :)

he looks the same to me.