X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA wraps 1st season production on Oct. 15th

According to the "news crawl" at the MGM Stargate Atlantis site:

http://www.stargateatlantis.com/

"Season One production on SciFi's top rated series, Stargate Atlantis, wraps on October 15th. Be sure to check out all new episodes beginning January 2005 on SciFi."

(According to the BC Film List, SGA was to have wrapped on Oct. 21.)

You can also sign up for the MGM Newsletter for updates here:

http://www.mgm.com/stargateatlantis/...?sourceid=2013

"Get official updates on Stargate Atlantis and the inside scoop on other entertainment from MGM Studios."

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Proof-Positive
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Proof-Positive

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

i signed up, but ive yet to see the pilot yet, lol, comeon tuesday!
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
      i signed up, but ive yet to see the pilot yet, lol, comeon tuesday!
      I assume you live in the UK?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

indeed! i certinaly do!
        sigpic

Comment

Now, then. How long before we get confirmation of season 2?
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
            Now, then. How long before we get confirmation of season 2?
            Oh, season 2 is definately coming. Look how much of a hit SGA-1 is now. SGA-2 is gunna be awesome. The ending for SGA-1 sounds awesome, Siege, 1 & 2 (i just hope they show it back to back in a movie like format, like they did to Full Circle & Fallen or even Rising 1 & 2).

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Don't you mean 'Fallen' and 'Homecoming'?

In any case, I wouldn't count on that happening... Seems to me that SciFi likes to do double-length season/series premieres but not finales. But who knows... I agree that season 2 is a sure thing, though. SciFi would have to be extremely stupid otherwise...

Comment

If they were to drop the show, they would be dead in the water. It would be like telling Da Vinci to stop painting. Or to tell Superman to stop being superman, cause people don't need the saving of lives.

But yea, Season 2 has to be a sure thing. But Season 3, thats the big question. Because, 'what if sg-1 does retire?'. SGA will be the only fish in the pond, and we don't know if it can fend for itself.

Right now SG1 is lreading into an SGA episode, so thw audience is drawn in to watch SG1, and then sticks around to watch SGA. But we don't know if SGA can draw in viewers.

And yes, I meant Fallen and Homecoming, excuse me.

Comment

doesnt it say on the crawler theres more episodes in january....so if it aint another season what they done stopped the season have way through?
                  sigpic

Comment

doesnt it say on the crawler theres more episodes in january....so if it aint another season what they done stopped the season have way through?
                    Yes. That is exactly what they've done.

Comment

It's called a mid-season hiatus.

Historically, Stargate has ALWAYS shown half the season's episodes, gone on mid-season hiatus, and then returns in January with the remaining episodes of the season.

It's a cable network programming ploy against the Fall Season of the Broadcast Networks.

Season Two would premiere in the summer of 2005 -- hopefully, we'll get a Season Two of SGA and a Season Nine of SG1.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

It's common practice in US television to take a midseason break halfway though a series so that they can catch up on production (and in this case, avoid the big fish of the major networks fall scheduals).

The US is in rerun hell. Our last episode was 110 (The Storm), and we don't get our next episode (The Eye) until a few weeks till after y'all do in the UK.

Comment

opps sorry, we dont do that here in the uk, so my mistake!
                          sigpic

Comment

opps sorry, we dont do that here in the uk, so my mistake!
                            No problem -- US Television has a variety of programming oddities!

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

lol....well at least we get em all in one big go!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X