Reprograming Nanites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reprograming Nanites

Couldn't they just reprogram the nanites to replace the bad cells in the girl?

but that would make her kind of.. immortal, wouldn't it?

Go Green

That's what they were trying to do. They just couldn't do it in time.
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
      Couldn't they just reprogram the nanites to replace the bad cells in the girl?

but that would make her kind of.. immortal, wouldn't it?
      not if you shut them off...I think
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Wouldnt they have a better chance now with helping Weir ?

Comment

I thought she was gonna be under the control of the nanites when she woke up.

And yeah, I reckon left unchecked they could've made her immortal.
          Last edited by Shiro; 01 December 2007, 01:07 PM. Reason: typo

sigpic

Comment

And why is it that nanites cannot be removed from someone if they are deactivated? I am thinking that Jeannie having nanites in her will play out in a future episode like what happend with Weir except hopefully, not in the same way.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
              And why is it that nanites cannot be removed from someone if they are deactivated? I am thinking that Jeannie having nanites in her will play out in a future episode like what happend with Weir except hopefully, not in the same way.

Vala,
              I guess because they're in your bloodstream and in order to remove every little one of them you'd have to get rid of all the blood - which would kill you anyway
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                I guess because they're in your bloodstream and in order to remove every little one of them you'd have to get rid of all the blood - which would kill you anyway
                They never removed the ones from Doctor Weir did they?

I figured that once they became inert, the immune system might be able to treat them like a foreign object and remove them as waste.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shiro View Post
                  They never removed the ones from Doctor Weir did they?

I figured that once they became inert, the immune system might be able to treat them like a foreign object and remove them as waste.
                  no the nanites were still in Weir, she needed them to survive

I'm not sure about the reaction of the immune system but apparently it doesn't reject the nanites (as seen by Weir and Wallace's daughter). I can imagine that by healing certain organs they also change the way the human body reacts to foreign objects thus stopping it from treating the nanites as some invading virus. I'm just guessing of course
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                    no the nanites were still in Weir, she needed them to survive

I'm not sure about the reaction of the immune system but apparently it doesn't reject the nanites (as seen by Weir and Wallace's daughter). I can imagine that by healing certain organs they also change the way the human body reacts to foreign objects thus stopping it from treating the nanites as some invading virus. I'm just guessing of course
                    Actually, that's exactly it. In "The Real World", Beckett said that in tissue cultures, the body's cells attack the nanites, but in Weir's body, they have somehow convinced her immune system that they are not a threat, so the nanites do something to the body to fool it into not attacking the nanites.

Vala,

Comment

...uhm...the nanites were faulty from a design point of view and not a programming point of view. They "ran out of steam" as McKay would put it, whereas PG nanites would work forever, from a "running out of steam" point of view .

***so many points of view in my post ***

Heee hEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                        ...uhm...the nanites were faulty from a design point of view and not a programming point of view. They "ran out of steam" as McKay would put it, whereas PG nanites would work forever, from a "running out of steam" point of view .

***so many points of view in my post ***

Heee hEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                        They were both at least until Rodney and Jenny fixed the coding
                        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                          Actually, that's exactly it. In "The Real World", Beckett said that in tissue cultures, the body's cells attack the nanites, but in Weir's body, they have somehow convinced her immune system that they are not a threat, so the nanites do something to the body to fool it into not attacking the nanites.

Vala,
                          Aye. I guess they could probably employ some sort of immuno supressants to let the nanites do their work.

After they have, they can let the immune system bounce back and get rid of them.

Perfect.

sigpic

Comment

it wouldnt make her immortal since the nanites could replicate enough or couldnt be programmed to replicate itself to hep that girl

well something like that, they lacked the resources mckay said
                            sigpic

Comment

can Todd be trusted with his work on the made-in-earth nanites? who is checking on his work before the program was let loose on Jeannie? could Todd left a 'back door' program to access the nanites in Jeannie and force her to become his spy?

Comment

Working...
                              X