PDA

View Full Version : Mckays uglyness

kymeric
December 1st, 2007, 09:02 AM
Poor nerd, having everyone one say hes not attractive.

I felt for him, I may not be the cutest nerd, but at least i can look scary. Thats something :P

Jumper_One
December 1st, 2007, 09:22 AM
lol I really enjoyed the last scene where Rodney asks Shep about their looks :p

P2J
December 1st, 2007, 10:00 AM

I felt for him, I may not be the cutest nerd, but at least i can look scary. Thats something :P

well kate loves him and that's all that matters

kymeric
December 1st, 2007, 10:43 AM
well kate loves him and that's all that matters

Theres always someone for everyone XD

Least Rodneys prolly rich :D

Klenotka
December 1st, 2007, 11:54 AM
I disagree with Jeannie.;) I love McKay, and I am not too much into Sheppard. I guess it´s everybody´s personal opinion. And, when I forget about the character, David can be damn hot even when he himself doesn´t think so :D

sueKay
December 1st, 2007, 12:18 PM
McKay is hot! Don't care what anyone else says :D

norak1
December 1st, 2007, 12:29 PM
aaaaw he is kinda ugly but funny ugly soooo... that = cute;)

as David said when he won the spacey award: IN YOUR FACE JACK BAUER

smushybird
December 1st, 2007, 01:46 PM
He's a cutie! Can't beat those beautiful eyes.
But Shep's pretty cute, too.

DeRoest
December 1st, 2007, 05:03 PM
Least Rodneys prolly rich :D
not anymore!
jk they do pay genius scientists well these days.

majorsal
December 1st, 2007, 05:06 PM
I disagree with Jeannie.;) I love McKay, and I am not too much into Sheppard. I guess it´s everybody´s personal opinion. And, when I forget about the character, David can be damn hot even when he himself doesn´t think so :D

i'm way more attracted to mckay/david than shep. go figure. :p

sally :mckayanime03:

txTart
December 1st, 2007, 06:06 PM
David Hewlett is beautiful. Nuff said.

Mitchell82
December 1st, 2007, 06:55 PM

I feel for him as I was never the best with the laddies either. But hey at least I know when to tell a woman I love her.;)

Ripple in Space
December 1st, 2007, 06:57 PM
David's certainly more masculine looking than Joe...

Copernicus
December 1st, 2007, 07:48 PM
I feel for him as I was never the best with the laddies either. But hey at least I know when to tell a woman I love her.;)
Laddies and ladies are two very different groups that you'd best not confuse.

Sweetsong
December 1st, 2007, 07:58 PM
Mckay is attractive, it's just that ferret faced look that comes over him during his normal annoying routine that masks his handsomeness....

Chaser
December 1st, 2007, 08:07 PM
Come on, McKay's a fox. After all, smart IS sexy!
I'd also take him over Shep any day. ;)

P2J
December 1st, 2007, 08:13 PM
i just dont' think he has a good amount of self confidence

jenks
December 1st, 2007, 08:33 PM
McKay doesn't have self confidence? :eek:

Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel
December 1st, 2007, 08:37 PM
He's definitely grown on me. :D I found Shep hot right away, but Rodney... not so much. I guess I'm just not into chubby guys. On the other hand, I'm not into really buff guys, either.... more well toned, fit, and athletic. :D Like Shep. :P But now, I am starting to see Rodney as cute. :D

(This is certainly an interesting discussion compared to the last one about this episode I had...)

Lythisrose
December 1st, 2007, 09:34 PM
Rodney is totally cute and Sheppard is totally hawt!
It's like comparing apples and oranges.
(Guess Shep would have to be the orange cause Rodneys allergic to citrus)
:)

kurya
December 2nd, 2007, 11:14 AM
I have to say Mckay is handsome. I mean John Sheppard is quite attractive in most circumstances under most lighting conditions, whereas Mckay is attractive in some circumstances and some lighting conditions. Both are quite intelligent(mckay insanely more so but still...John isn't a male bimbo either) I have to say Mckay is more adorkable and is a quality I personally appreciate.

Just an off topic note, but wasn't John sheppard hot with the whole civilian clothes of white shirt black jacket combo? I mean OMG!!! *faints*

Prakash

prion
December 2nd, 2007, 12:23 PM

Well, that's siblings for you ;) Jeannie also knows that Rodney's got plenty of ego to spare, so little digs like that aren't going to hurt him, at least not from Jeannie. Plus, it's obvious Katie Brown finds him attractive. Although I sure did laugh at Jeannie's line "You're no John Sheppard." Snort. ;)

expendable_crewman
December 2nd, 2007, 01:37 PM
I have to say Mckay is handsome. I mean John Sheppard is quite attractive in most circumstances under most lighting conditions, whereas Mckay is attractive in some circumstances and some lighting conditions. Both are quite intelligent(mckay insanely more so but still...John isn't a male bimbo either) I have to say Mckay is more adorkable and is a quality I personally appreciate.

Just an off topic note, but wasn't John sheppard hot with the whole civilian clothes of white shirt black jacket combo? I mean OMG!!! *faints*

Prakash

This is an interesting topic. I'm with you, McKay is handsome. I'm not sure who gets to me more, as far as attractiveness goes, McKay or Sheppard, because McKay's a talker and that's what I go for in a guy. Sheppard's personality reminds more of a boss than a boyfriend.

On a real off-topic note, JF is the only actor I've ever met who was far and away better looking (as in-- please excuse the fangirl moment-- walk-into-a-wall handsome) in RL than on screen. Usually, it's the other way around. Has anyone else met him and thought that?

Ruffles
December 2nd, 2007, 03:42 PM
While I am obviously a Shep fan and find him devastatingly handsome, I think Rodney is just all kinds of cute. They are each attractive in their own way.

Amalthea
December 2nd, 2007, 03:47 PM
Rodney's not that bad. He's an attractive guy. I agree with everyone who said it was just Jeannie bugging him. She wants him to be happy, so any little thing she can do to force him to put a ring on Katie's finger is fair game in my books and clearly hers as well.

John is just damned hot, though. Especially in the jeans/white shirt/suit jacket look. Whew!

kurya
December 2nd, 2007, 06:55 PM
Rodney's not that bad. He's an attractive guy. I agree with everyone who said it was just Jeannie bugging him. She wants him to be happy, so any little thing she can do to force him to put a ring on Katie's finger is fair game in my books and clearly hers as well.

John is just damned hot, though. Especially in the jeans/white shirt/suit jacket look. Whew!

I think Ronon had the jeans, john had black pants... they could have been really dark jeans...but yeah really hot, with the top 2 buttons left unbuttoned...and JF hotter in person than on tv... omg I would just die....

Oh and the whole ugliness thing, I agree that while harsh... jeanie was just trying to kick Rodney's butt to do the good thing. And when John was saying"whos been lying to you"...if I put my mcshep goggles on(I hope I am not out of line, i dunno what the regs of shipping are here I know not everyone is into that).... John was just saying those mean things to hide the fact he is attracted to Rodney....

Prakash

Amalthea
December 2nd, 2007, 08:17 PM
Oh and the whole ugliness thing, I agree that while harsh... jeanie was just trying to kick Rodney's butt to do the good thing. And when John was saying"whos been lying to you"...if I put my mcshep goggles on(I hope I am not out of line, i dunno what the regs of shipping are here I know not everyone is into that).... John was just saying those mean things to hide the fact he is attracted to Rodney....

Prakash

LOL I think that might be pushing it a little in the shipping department

kurya
December 3rd, 2007, 10:42 PM
pushing or body checking(hockey term)? :P

Integrabyte
December 4th, 2007, 12:07 AM
I guess this a thread for the galls cos I cannot asses the way a guy looks...Just the thought gives me jivy weebies!

Linzi
December 4th, 2007, 08:03 AM
On a real off-topic note, JF is the only actor I've ever met who was far and away better looking (as in-- please excuse the fangirl moment-- walk-into-a-wall handsome) in RL than on screen. Usually, it's the other way around. Has anyone else met him and thought that?
Hell yes! Joe is waaaay more handsome in RL. I know, it doesn't seem possible, but it is! He's also a really lovely person and very charming too. Fangirlie moment out the way now! :o I've met other actors, who, honestly, are not as attractive in RL. Joe just was the opposite! :)

While I am obviously a Shep fan and find him devastatingly handsome, I think Rodney is just all kinds of cute. They are each attractive in their own way.

Agreed. I find Rodney really cute. He's not classically handsome, but he's really appealing, IMO. Shep is just....well, see post above, cos Shep is very handsome, like Joe, IMO.

IlluZen
December 11th, 2007, 05:34 PM
I really felt bad for McKay in this eppy. Everyone was bashing/blaming him right and left, he seemed soo sad. :( Anyways, while he obviously isn't classically handsome (in the Adonis kind of way, I mean), his looks are in his personality (shocking, I know). Like when he's playing with the shield device with Sheppard in Hide and Seek, or when he's looking at Katie in Tabula Rasa, or when he's trying to meditate in Tao of Rodney. If you took the personality out of Rodney, he wouldn't be as cute anymore.