PDA

View Full Version : Sweet!!! Canadians Being Appreciated!!

McSwift
December 1st, 2007, 05:30 AM
Wow. Sweet! The amount of Canadian Material in this show rocked!
So happy

jenks
December 1st, 2007, 05:36 AM
What's a Canadian?

rarocks24
December 1st, 2007, 07:49 AM
What's a Canadian?

I think a Canadian is a kind of thick, leather book.

But in all seriousness, it's a Canadian show, so naturally, Canada would have some appreciation, unlike Russia's portrayal in the gates.

JackHarkness_Hot
December 1st, 2007, 08:27 AM
I wanted to know as I'm unfamiliar with the Canadian car details, but are Canadian cars licence/number plate similar to American ones?

Just out of interest.

Bonbon
December 1st, 2007, 08:30 AM
Um, yes pretty similar. I make a trip over to America from home every once in a while, pretty, uh, similar...

JackHarkness_Hot
December 1st, 2007, 08:40 AM
oh because uk ones are different, in fact, all of europe is different compared to north american ones.

http://www.newreg.co.uk/graphics/acrylic_plates_dimensions.gif

Ours are longer in length.

HenryHayes
December 1st, 2007, 08:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOzG7bBylRo

;)

Vala_M
December 1st, 2007, 09:12 AM
Yeah, Canadian plates are similar to the US plates but they have a flag or Provincial symbol in the middle between characters/numbers.

Vala,

PG15
December 4th, 2007, 12:51 AM
Canadian plates are as different from US plates as are different US states' plates differ from each other.

Yeah...figure THAT sentence out!

JackHarkness_Hot
December 4th, 2007, 02:07 PM
You're saying Canadian plates are different to US plates and nationwide, different States have different plates to one another, correct?

Yeah, but the layout for the plates for the 2 countries are more or less the same.

PG15
December 4th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Basically; and I'm saying the difference between states and between the US and Canada is about the same.

I.e. "the layout for the plates for the 2 countries are more or less the same."

Mandysg1
December 4th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Wow. Sweet! The amount of Canadian Material in this show rocked!
So happy

My favourite (Canadian spelling ;)) part was McKay mentioning getting lost at the West Edmonton Mall :D

Zinny
December 4th, 2007, 11:15 PM
I live in edmonton and it definately is a big mall.. so i can understand why he would get lost.. i mean for gods sake, there is a boat in the middle of it, and 5 submarines. And it mentioned my home city ;)

nekoi
December 5th, 2007, 01:15 PM
All of the Canadian discussion really got me giddy, since I could understand it all, as many Americans may not have caught the references. The fact that McKay went to Vancouver, alone was a nod to the area the series is filmed in.

As an inhabitant of Vancouver, it was kind of funny to me, seeing Vancouver being shot as VANCOUVER for once. lol

JackHarkness_Hot
December 7th, 2007, 10:57 AM
And not as Colorado Springs for once ;)