Sweet!!! Canadians Being Appreciated!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet!!! Canadians Being Appreciated!!

Wow. Sweet! The amount of Canadian Material in this show rocked!
    So happy
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

What's a Canadian?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      What's a Canadian?
      I think a Canadian is a kind of thick, leather book.

But in all seriousness, it's a Canadian show, so naturally, Canada would have some appreciation, unlike Russia's portrayal in the gates.
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I wanted to know as I'm unfamiliar with the Canadian car details, but are Canadian cars licence/number plate similar to American ones?

Just out of interest.

Comment

Um, yes pretty similar. I make a trip over to America from home every once in a while, pretty, uh, similar...
          We're in another galaxy. How much more out can you get?

Comment

oh because uk ones are different, in fact, all of europe is different compared to north american ones.

Ours are longer in length.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOzG7bBylRo

Comment

Yeah, Canadian plates are similar to the US plates but they have a flag or Provincial symbol in the middle between characters/numbers.

Vala,

Comment

Canadian plates are as different from US plates as are different US states' plates differ from each other.

Yeah...figure THAT sentence out!

Comment

You're saying Canadian plates are different to US plates and nationwide, different States have different plates to one another, correct?

Yeah, but the layout for the plates for the 2 countries are more or less the same.

Comment

Basically; and I'm saying the difference between states and between the US and Canada is about the same.

I.e. "the layout for the plates for the 2 countries are more or less the same."

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
                        Wow. Sweet! The amount of Canadian Material in this show rocked!
                        So happy
                        My favourite (Canadian spelling ) part was McKay mentioning getting lost at the West Edmonton Mall
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I live in edmonton and it definately is a big mall.. so i can understand why he would get lost.. i mean for gods sake, there is a boat in the middle of it, and 5 submarines. And it mentioned my home city

Comment

All of the Canadian discussion really got me giddy, since I could understand it all, as many Americans may not have caught the references. The fact that McKay went to Vancouver, alone was a nod to the area the series is filmed in.

As an inhabitant of Vancouver, it was kind of funny to me, seeing Vancouver being shot as VANCOUVER for once. lol

Comment

And not as Colorado Springs for once

Comment

Working...
                              X