X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Season 4.0-4.5 vs. SG-1 4.0 - 4.5

Which Season is better?

In Atlantis, the starring cast death-toll is up to 3 leads down, now it's their leader who's leaving. McKay gets eaten by a Whale. John fights his evil twin, and then feeds a grieving father to a space vampire. Teyla gets impregnated out of wedlock. Ronon kills his best buddy. Carter is in some off-screen accident that knocks off 100 of her IQ points.

In SG-1, the team battles the Replicators alongside the Asgard. They kill some Nazis to abolish racial oppression. They get superpowers, and show them off in a bar fight. Jack & Teal'c play golf through the Stargate, and eat lots of fruitloops. Jack shows his affection for Carter twice. And the Russians show their incompetence. Daniel meets the Unas, and Teal'c hooks up with an old flame.

UPDATE:
    To clear up some ambiguity due to poor wording, the episodes being compared here are:
    SG-1 (S4.0-4.5):
    SMALL VICTORIES
    THE OTHER SIDE
    UPGRADES
    CROSSROADS
    DIVIDE AND CONQUER
    WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY
    WATERGATE
    THE FIRST ONES
    SCORCHED EARTH
    BENEATH THE SURFACE

Atlantis (S4.0-4.5):
    ADRIFT
    LIFELINE
    REUNION
    DOPPELGANGER
    TRAVELERS
    TABULA RASA
    MISSING
    THE SEER
    MILLER'S CROSSING

And after 12/07/07, voting will extend to the episodes:
    THIS MORTAL COIL (Atlantis)
    POINT OF NO RETURN (SG-1)
    SG-1 Season 4.0-4.5
    65.79%
    Atlantis Season 4.0-4.5
    34.21%
    Last edited by Ripple in Space; 04 December 2007, 09:38 PM.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

"Teyla gets impregnated out of wedlock."

That made me laugh.

Comment

definitely SG-1. SGA is terrible
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

SGA. I loved all of SG-1, but SGA season 4 has been brilliant so far, the show really stepped up this year.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
          definitely SG-1. SGA is terrible
          SGA isn't terrible, it's just sort of shallow and infantile compared to SG-1. Character development is lacking, the plots are too adventure-centered. Early SG-1 was big on ethical dilemmas, and Atlantis is lacking that.

Frankly, so far Atlantis Season 4 hasn't produced a single episode that could match up to ANY of the episodes of SG-1 Season 4. Certainly nothing comparable to Window of Opportunity.
          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Sg1 Sg1 Sg1 Sg1 Sg1.

SG1.

The characters were all well developed, kept on developing - unlike SGA where many characters still need development. The stories mattered as stories - that is, they relied on good stories and never had a need to compensate with big CGI on bad stories (*cough* Adrift and Lifeline come to mind, bnut they're not the only ones.). As people said, SG1 was much more mature than SGA is. I agree that none of the episodes so far in season 4 has produced any match to any of the first half of SG1 with perhaops the exception of Tabula Rasa ( I haven't seen Miller's Crossing yet).

Mind you, SG1s season 4 is still one of my least favourite of the show, I only like 6,7 and 10 less.
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Definitely and with giant leaps ahead ... *drumroll* ... SG1.

SGA season 4 can only dream about reaching the level season 4 of SG1 had.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

both are great but I voted for SG-1
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Both are brilliant but SG1 more so.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Atlantis is great so far, but SG-1 was better.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

THis is SGA's strongest season yet, but nothing can top the amazing SG-1 episodes like "Window of Opportunity" and "Divide and Conquer". So my vote goes, narrowly, to SG-1.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                        SGA isn't terrible, it's just sort of shallow and infantile compared to SG-1. Character development is lacking, the plots are too adventure-centered. Early SG-1 was big on ethical dilemmas, and Atlantis is lacking that.

Frankly, so far Atlantis Season 4 hasn't produced a single episode that could match up to ANY of the episodes of SG-1 Season 4. Certainly nothing comparable to Window of Opportunity.
                        I have nothing to add. You are right on the money. If I had only one season of SG-1 to watch, it'd be season 4. So far, SGA is disappointing, and I don't forecast much change, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Comment

SG1 hands down. While SGA is a good show, SG1 s4 was brilliant, probably one of my favorite seasons ever.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

I'm not voting until I actually SEE all of SGA season 4.
                            || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                              I'm not voting until I actually SEE all of SGA season 4.
                              you do know this poll is about the first 5 eps only, not an entire season
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X