PDA

View Full Version : Wraith Humor .....What Happened!?!?

MIZA
November 30th, 2007, 09:32 PM
The one reason i was looking forward to this episode was to see Todd (the Wraith) say a few jokes or something, but alas no jokes, i thought the main reason in the episode the "Seer" it would show that he made jokes because he had been around humans so long he learned there personalities, Nada :wraith37::wraithanime11:, but anyway let me know what everyone thinks about this episode i thought this was going to be a funny episode. it was kind of sad not very funny

i even felt sorry for Todd

SaberBlade
November 30th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Just because he said one joke doesn't mean he's going to turn into a comedian. He even had his funny moment in this episode, but you can't expect him to say a joke all the time. It would ruin the character.

MIZA
November 30th, 2007, 09:57 PM
No , like Ariel the little Mermaid said "i want more"

rpmguitar
November 30th, 2007, 10:53 PM
the poor guy was starving to death. he looked a little more lively at the end after he fed.

jds1982
December 1st, 2007, 06:02 AM
I dunno, I found all his various grunts hilarious.

rarocks24
December 1st, 2007, 06:04 AM
I dunno, I found all his various grunts hilarious.

Well, he did yawn during Mckay's monologue. I found that mildly amusing.

Alipeeps
December 1st, 2007, 08:21 AM
The one reason i was looking forward to this episode was to see Todd (the Wraith) say a few jokes or something, but alas no jokes, i thought the main reason in the episode the "Seer" it would show that he made jokes because he had been around humans so long he learned there personalities, Nada :wraith37::wraithanime11:, but anyway let me know what everyone thinks about this episode i thought this was going to be a funny episode. it was kind of sad not very funny

When he was making jokes, he thought he had the upper hand... with his hive to back him up etc. This time around he is a prisoner with no back up, no forseeable way out and he hasn't fed in weeks. I wouldn't be feeling exactly comedic either... :D

P2J
December 1st, 2007, 09:04 AM

he'a wraith not jack O'Neill ;) it was a nice to see him crack a joke but you can't expect it every epsidoe

MIZA
December 1st, 2007, 04:05 PM
i don't know about y'all , but i definitely want to hear some jokes from him in the future , i think when Todd made that joke in Seer it set him apart from all the other Wraith they've encountered he is different even differently then Michael is ? he has to be i think for this war to end with the Wraith they have to find a common ground , i hope that makes sense

LiLTiff17
December 1st, 2007, 06:06 PM
the poor guy was starving to death. he looked a little more lively at the end after he fed.

Yep, he was starving which meant he felt like he was literally burning with hunger in a foreign world full of potential food sources that could kill him if he didn't comply, not exactly the ideal time for one liners/joking around.

LiLTiff17
December 1st, 2007, 06:07 PM
Well, he did yawn during Mckay's monologue. I found that mildly amusing.

He did? I can't believe I missed that, I'd definitely think that was hilarious.

Mitchell82
December 1st, 2007, 06:21 PM
i don't know about y'all , but i definitely want to hear some jokes from him in the future , i think when Todd made that joke in Seer it set him apart from all the other Wraith they've encountered he is different even differently then Michael is ? he has to be i think for this war to end with the Wraith they have to find a common ground , i hope that makes sense

I disagree. Too many jokes would ruin the plot. I quite liked him in this ep especially the yawn.

wolverine_nl
December 2nd, 2007, 02:55 AM
his jawn was a good 1 :P

Phenix
December 2nd, 2007, 08:36 AM
I liked the yawn too. I love when someone puts McKay in his place. His character is such an ego-maniac but he actually showed some growth in this episode. I like how he volunteered to be eaten by Todd.

O and Todd is a cool character.

wise one
December 2nd, 2007, 11:54 AM
i reckon his like one of the best single wraith chatacters there is on atlantis

MIZA
December 2nd, 2007, 06:05 PM
what yawn? i didn't see know yawn , God what are you people talking about ??

P2J
December 2nd, 2007, 06:07 PM

he did while standing on the lab in miller crossing :D

andromeda_dan
December 2nd, 2007, 06:11 PM

scene where Rodney was monlogueing to Todd, trying to convince him to help cure his sister.

Rodney: Blah blah blah...more blah blah blah. blah blah
Todd: *yawn** ('see if I care' stare , then turns head to right side).

MIZA
December 2nd, 2007, 06:17 PM
scene where Rodney was monlogueing to Todd, trying to convince him to help cure his sister.

Rodney: Blah blah blah...more blah blah blah. blah blah
Todd: *yawn** ('see if I care' stare , then turns head to right side).

i shall find some to re-watch that part , cuz i didn't see nothing Todd IMO looked just angry, i was totally expecting him to make some jokes or somethin'

MIZA
December 3rd, 2007, 08:20 PM
Wow i really did see the Yawn , he still needs to be more funny in upcoming episodes

jelgate
December 3rd, 2007, 08:22 PM
Wow i really did see the Yawn , he still needs to be more funny in upcoming episodesThis episode was more drama than The Seer not to mention that Todd was malnurished

MIZA
December 4th, 2007, 10:09 AM
well he better make a funny in the next episode, so how long is Todd going to last on the show , if so i wonder how he dies and who is going to kill him?

MechaThor
December 4th, 2007, 03:11 PM
well he better make a funny in the next episode, so how long is Todd going to last on the show , if so i wonder how he dies and who is going to kill him?

Spoilers from "Midway" Below

Well from screenshots it seems that a Writh is loose in the SGC in "MIDWAY". My gess after watching this episode would be that its the same wraith, as his both been to Erath once and have accsess to Earth. There4 my gess is that from the screenshots that either Ronon or Teal'c finnish him off. But not without him cracking out one last belter of a wraith joke.

Spoliers from "midway" Above

MIZA
December 5th, 2007, 12:03 PM
i hope he does not die though i really like him a lot i wanted him to be allied with Atlantis , i think that is how the war will end , don't yah think

Jumper_One
December 5th, 2007, 01:09 PM
i hope he does not die though i really like him a lot i wanted him to be allied with Atlantis , i think that is how the war will end , don't yah think

I like him too but I really don't see how he can become an ally of Atlantis. sure maybe at some point they'll team up that's as far as it'll go imo. and no I don't think this is the way the war will end (if it ever ends)

MIZA
December 6th, 2007, 08:22 PM
I like him too but I really don't see how he can become an ally of Atlantis. sure maybe at some point they'll team up that's as far as it'll go imo. and no I don't think this is the way the war will end (if it ever ends)

i just think that for War to end they need to come to an understanding?

kirmit
December 7th, 2007, 11:27 AM

Why does he need to be funny? He was the best Wraith IMO before the joke and that was only one joke, it doesn't mean he has to be a comedian every episode.

MIZA
December 8th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Why does he need to be funny? He was the best Wraith IMO before the joke and that was only one joke, it doesn't mean he has to be a comedian every episode.

i believe he needs to be funny because it set him apart from the other wraith , it makes him special, and this season is kind of bleak they need a little humor in it (even from the enemy).

jonos101
December 15th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Spoilers from "Midway" Below

Well from screenshots it seems that a Writh is loose in the SGC in "MIDWAY". My gess after watching this episode would be that its the same wraith, as his both been to Erath once and have accsess to Earth. There4 my gess is that from the screenshots that either Ronon or Teal'c finnish him off. But not without him cracking out one last belter of a wraith joke.

Spoliers from "midway" Above

i thought he was going to be in the season finale the last man

Jeff O'Connor
December 15th, 2007, 03:55 AM

I think that was confirmed, yeah.

Jumper_One
December 15th, 2007, 06:27 AM

yup he'll be in TLM

MIZA
December 15th, 2007, 06:34 PM
ok that is good, iam glad he makes it to the last episode, more wraith humor to come, oh yeah

naamiaiset
February 19th, 2008, 05:47 AM
like other replies say, he probably didn't feel too comedic by that point... but I think everyone's forgotten another good piece of wraith humor. from the wraith in the condemned:

magistrate - I hope you enjoy the food, my new chef is very accomplished.
wraith - I hope so. your previous chef proved far more appetizing than the meals he prepared. :wraithanime11:

Icarium
February 19th, 2008, 06:23 AM
magistrate - I hope you enjoy the food, my new chef is very accomplished.
wraith - I hope so. your previous chef proved far more appetizing than the meals he prepared. :wraithanime11:

:lol: :lol:

And there was one more (although unintentional) by the Keeper in Rising Part 2:

SUMNER: Go to hell.
KEEPER: Earth first.

;) ;)

Icarium

Degilwen
February 19th, 2008, 08:33 AM
What did the Irish man say when he came across a wraith whilst walking his dog in the woods?
"Holy Mary, Mother of Jesus, you're the biggest lepracaun I've ever seen!"

naamiaiset
February 19th, 2008, 08:35 AM
:lol: :lol:

And there was one more (although unintentional) by the Keeper in Rising Part 2:

SUMNER: Go to hell.
KEEPER: Earth first.

;) ;)

Icarium
I forgot about that. also at the end of allies (I think), mckay's in a cocoon and starts whining "I've been up 36 hours straight", and the wraith replies "then perhaps you should sleep"... *stuns mckay* :D

LiquidSky
February 19th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Todd won't be feeling very comdic With betrayal of his own kind, distrust from the Atlantians. I quess he could crack a joke or two with a pistol or a Wraith stun gun, or with Ronan blaster in his face.

Todd: : I Thought you guys would miss me. Hey Ronon I really missed you we should have dinner one day".

Todd looking at Ronon : "Just a little Wraith humor, buddy".

LS

naamiaiset
February 19th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Todd: : I Thought you guys would miss me. Hey Ronon I really missed you we should have dinner one day".
I could see ronon replying "over my dead body" and todd saying "...well, that was the general idea... :wraithanime11:"

:o

Thorthewraith
January 24th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Don't think the yawn was out of disinterest, more out of weakness. To bad about the jokes but I don't think he had any energy left to it. I pitied him to, as he almost collapsed :(

Anyway, loved the handshake thing in the seer. All those guns pointed at him lol

What did the Irish man say when he came across a wraith whilst walking his dog in the woods?
"Holy Mary, Mother of Jesus, you're the biggest lepracaun I've ever seen!"

Oh my god So hilarious *rolls over the floor*