PDA

View Full Version : 'Evolution' spoilers - DUH moment for SG-1 writers?

terraatlantus
October 8th, 2004, 06:57 PM
remember the epi in s8 with the ancient healing device made by Anubis? when selmak said that it could be used to give life to the kull warriors? he said they were grown then given life. if you grow tissue is it not alive already? so what's the point of the ancient device?

buckner
October 8th, 2004, 07:06 PM
He said they were dead then given life. So maybe he grows
them they die and he brings them back to life.

Martouf84
October 9th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Spoilers season 7 Evolution (1+2)

Selmak clearly said that the kull warior was not alive when it was first grown.
I think we will not know how this is possible. Remember how primitive we are and how limited our sciences are. And only the Ancients figured out, not even the Tok'Ra or Goa'Uld...

Jprime
October 9th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Well heres my two cents worth

DNA, (or whatever molecule they're based on) is not only non-living, but is actually a particularily INERT substance. Its possible they were built from the cell up then animated.

Mio
October 9th, 2004, 02:39 PM
The scene from 'The Fifth Element' where she's cloned comes to mind.

terraatlantus
October 18th, 2004, 05:59 PM
what about the ep when they destroyed a sun? the exploding mass can move no faster than the speed of light, the hataks have sensors that can detect things somehow faster than light can communicate events, the light of the exploding sun probably revealed the event before the mass reached them,

Why didn't they have time to escape?

Skydiver
October 18th, 2004, 06:06 PM
ladies and gentlemen, can we remember spoiler space please for all eps from season 7 & 8

danka

tera'ngan
October 19th, 2004, 07:46 AM
And then there's that pesky English language issue . . . ;)
Personally, I think that plot holes and scientific incontinuities are actually written in deliberately. What else would all of us fans do during the hiatus otherwise? :D
So, in reality, those SG-1 writers are just looking out for us. You know, making sure we stay on our toes and don't get bored. :D

-tera'ngan

Chevron_nine
October 19th, 2004, 07:54 AM
I believe by life he means a consciousness. When you die most of your tissues are still alive, but you're not.