• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Miller's Crossing' (409) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FOUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 409

Rodney McKay goes in search of his sister on Earth after she is kidnapped by the head of a powerful corporation.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 12:59 AM.

That was a really good episode.

Comment

Definitely my favorite of the season. So good. My heart skipped a beat seeing a Wraith in the SGC. And the preview for next week... delicious.
      Enter the Fargate...to steal intergalatic cable!

Comment

I'm more excited for next week based on the preview.
        sigpic
        My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

This episode was all over the map and it felt like the writers didn't know which way they wanted to go.

What a mess.

Comment

I don't know why I half hoped when that Wallace guy first injected Jeannie with the nanites that it was only water and he did it only as a baseless threat. But when they started testing their changes with the nanites in her blood I realized that wasn't the case.

I just find it so hard to believe, that a man who wanted to save his daughter would risk the life of somebody else with the belief that these two strangers could make his daughter well again.

Something even harder to swallow was seeing Shepard talk the guy into sacrifcing himself to the wraith so it could continue it's work to save Jeannie, I suppose it was the easy way out for the writers to get the wraith a home cooked meal...

Overall, entertaining episode as usual, I liked getting to see Ronan in civilian clothes.

Comment

That was great! A wonderful character drama, with some very genre shifting scenes (Ronon and Sheppard: best new cop pairing), and a great ending. Wow.

I loved Sheppard's line near the start "CSIS? That's the best you could come up with?"

And Zelenka is always great.

4.5/5
              Rush rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
                This episode was all over the map and it felt like the writers didn't know which way they wanted to go.

What a mess.
                Really what show were you watching?
                Something even harder to swallow was seeing Shepard talk the guy into sacrifcing himself to the wraith so it could continue it's work to save Jeannie, I suppose it was the easy way out for the writers to get the wraith a home cooked meal...
                I don't know. His daughter was dead because of her. His actions was going to kill another person. He was effectively a dead man walking.
                I'm more excited for next week based on the preview.
                Spoiler:
                I can't believe that the seerers prophecy is coming true this soon.

Comment

Now Todd can bragg to the other wraith about being the first wraith to make it to earth as well as the fact that Earth sacrificed one of their own. Great episode though. I really didnt predict the wraith would come to help until i saw the marine come through the gate with a wraith stunner in hand pointing towards the gate. Unpredictable (somewhat) until the last moment.

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

Finally! John does something truly interesting and defining. About time. Granted we always knew he cared about his friends but its nice to actually see how far he'd go and what lines he'd cross when it doesn't involve the black and white issues of shoot or be shot.

A pretty good episode. This season, so far, is superior to the last... but just so the compliments don't go too far...it really didn't take much to surpass s.3

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

"And physically..."

"What?"

"Well... you're no John Sheppard"
                      sigpic

Comment

This was one of the best episodes of the season! The acting was fantastic by everyone in it. Man i gotta tell you, that scene where sheppard talked that guy into killing himself was very unnerving. Joe did a fantastic job with that scene! I felt bad for henry wallace.He was just trying to save his daughter's life. Ronan was great in this episode, he looked so funny in earth clothes! Loved the fact that mckay was willing to be fed on to save his sister. The rodney/todd scenes were wonderful.I loved how rodney talked him into helping him save his sister. The end scene with mckay and sheppard was great also.The two have come along way since the first episode.

next weeks episode looks really good.

Comment

I thought it was good though I'm not sure about the Wallace guy. He just seemed like way too simple and predictable of a villain. Also, I kept asking myself why Agent Barrett was even in this episode, he played no significant role in the episode and it just felt like he was in the background. I mean I like his character but it just seemed redundant having him in this episode.

I liked seeing Todd again as well as Jeannie.

Next week looks great.
                          Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                          Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                          Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                          --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

My god this was a crappy, cring-worthy, unbelievably stupid episode.

Any redeeming qualities? Um, Ronan’s “dumb” comment, probably because it did such a good job foreshadowing the script. Too bad we can’t get Ronan to point his gun at it and disintergrate it into non-existence.

Stupid and cringe-worthy.
                            SGC has become voyager S1. Everyone in the universe knows about the program. But I guess that makes sense if our resident genius is FREAKING EMAILING alien programs across unsecured networks. I think I heard a thud, I think it was my company’s security officer having a stroke.

Sappy bad guy, it was a blessing that he was fed to the wraith but very pathetically anti-moral of Sheppard. How exactly am I supposed to have respect for him? Or McKay for “thanking” him?

What idiot would bring the wraith to the SGC… or volunteer to get eaten by one… oh right, Mckay.

Stupid and cringe-worthy….and did I mention boring? I was looking at the clock at 10:30 wondering if it would ever end.

Walter = Cringe-worthy
                            NID guy = Cringe-worthy
                            Ronan = still cool but as bored as I was
                            Sheppard = scumbag
                            Badguy = Scumbag and sappy and boring
                            Mckay = idiot
                            Jennie = sadly strapped to this horrible role by her brother
                            Jennies husband = annoying.
                            Waith = just shaking my head.

Next week previews
                            Spoiler:
                            Weir and the vision
                            I have a little bit of hope that this is just a one off bad ep and that we will not spiral into a S9-S10 tragedy…..but as this ep kicked me in the gut with its patheticness, it’s a slim hope.
                            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by scififreak23 View Post
                              This was one of the best episodes of the season! The acting was fantastic by everyone in it. Man i gotta tell you, that scene where sheppard talked that guy into killing himself was very unnerving. Joe did a fantastic job with that scene! I felt bad for henry wallace.He was just trying to save his daughter's life. Ronan was great in this episode, he looked so funny in earth clothes! Loved the fact that mckay was willing to be fed on to save his sister. The rodney/todd scenes were wonderful.I loved how rodney talked him into helping him save his sister. The end scene with mckay and sheppard was great also.The two have come along way since the first episode.

next weeks episode looks really good.
                              True. I think the greatest scene in this episode was where Ronan was sitting there not saying a word. He had the 'Im going to kill someone' look.
                              What idiot would bring the wraith to the SGC… or volunteer to get eaten by one… oh right, Mckay.
                              If your sister was going to be killed because of your stupidity then I'd probably sacrifice myself also.
                              SGC has become voyager S1. Everyone in the universe knows about the program. But I guess that makes sense if our resident genius is FREAKING EMAILING alien programs across unsecured networks. I think I heard a thud, I think it was my company’s security officer having a stroke.
                              Actually, you'd be a moron if you thought that you couldn't send data over networks securely even the internet. There are such things called encryption.

Comment

Working...
                              X