Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm assuming we can discuss spoilers here.

OH...MY....GOD....

It could easily have been a simplistic kidnap and rescue, even the threat of Jeannie with the nanites, but Sheppard 'offering' up the solution with the kidnapper to make things right... shudder.

Oh, and I now despise TIN MAN for all the ads they stamped all over this episode.

Comment

What an amazing episode. Filled with action, suspense, drama, and etc. When you think about a darker tone, this episode is right up there. The whole feeding to the Wraith with Sheppard convincing Wallace to sacrifice himself. Very dark moment for Sheppard. The scene with Sheppard and Mckay was very deep. Mckay would sacrifice his life to save his sister. Sheppard did not want to lose his friend in the process. Just very powerful moment. Mckay really shined in this episode and we really see how caring and a compassionate person he really is.

Gotta say the show has become so complexed and dynamic with the decisions they make. This truly is shaping up to be the best season of the series.

Also, to end we see a preview with Weir for next episode! Woo hoo!
      sigpic

Comment

Wow. Definitely in my top three of favorite episodes EVER for Atlantis. Only behind Sunday and Mckay and Mrs. Miller.

Never, EVER AGAIN, should there be as long of a break between Martin Q. Gero episodes as there was between Adrift and Miller's Crossing. Can he just right the whole of season five? Pretty please?!
        sigpic
        It was Arrested Development

Comment

I have to agree with the fact that Walter has degraded to a character that serves more as comic relief (like Dr. Lee in recent years) which is very unfortunate. I think that scene with Ronon and Walter was definitely the nadir of the whole episode.
          Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
          Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
          Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
          --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

What a great episode. Much better than the last one with Jeannie. Interesting approach with using the nanites to cure diseases although I think that it's still too soon to be messing with that on Earth. Ronon comes to Earth this time! He did before in "Sunday" but this was his first true Earth experience! I love the "I look dumb" part that Ronon said. And McKay's sister living in Vancouver! This episode exceeded all of my expectations. The Wraith coming to Earth, he's the first Wraith to ever come to Earth, he should feel privileged and he got to feed on a human as well. It's nice to see the SGC again.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              Oh, and I now despise TIN MAN for all the ads they stamped all over this episode.
              Have to agree with you there. If I ever meet this 'tin man' of which they speak, I will strangle him.
              sigpic

Comment

Maybe I was expecting too much, but I found this to be pretty bad.

The villian was a wuss. A bigger wuss than Keller.

Sheppard talking someone into killing themselves was unforgiveable. I can't imagine Sheppard letting anyone feed themselves to a Wraith, especially after Shep himself knows how painful it is. Totally OOC.

Why in the world wasn't Jeannie taken to Atlantis? Why was Todd brought to Earth? Gawd, the last thing we want is a Wraith knowing where Earth is (and we all know Todd is probably gonna get away at some point) and seeing Earth tech!

I love Ronon and Walter, but that scene with them just made me cringe. Talk about filler.

Big thumbs down, and I mean BIG thumbs down.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                  I'm assuming we can discuss spoilers here.

OH...MY....GOD....

It could easily have been a simplistic kidnap and rescue, even the threat of Jeannie with the nanites, but Sheppard 'offering' up the solution with the kidnapper to make things right... shudder.

See folks that is a heavily promoted show like Razor. SGA never got that kind of promotion, there is no way, imo.

Anyway, yeah that was a nice twist. Great writing!

BTW, if I see one more "Tin Man" ad I am going to scream.
                  sigpic

Comment

Jelgate's Two Cents

This episode didn't have the same quality as The Seer, that said this was a pretty good episode. I almost passed out where Kaleb thought he heard something and the second he walks to the door two "hired solders" rush in with machine guns. Jeanie blaming Merideth (McKay) for her kidnapping was hilarious. At a bizzarie sick level you can't really blame Henry Wallace for what he did for injectining his daughter with nanities. He did the extreme the save his daughter. Can you really blame him for wanting his only remaining family member to live? First she was dead then Meredith nanites saved her cancer, then they stop her heart, then the natites ressurect her, and finally kill her for good by running out of power. I loved the scene where Barret and Sheppard going through Trust filies and Ronon said he was going to get some food. For a second I thought he was going to rip Walter's head off. Speaking of Ronon I loved seeing him wear a suit. Injecting Jeanie with nanites show the making of disturbed and sick man. On that note I enjoyed the second part of the episode where McKay is trying to find a way to save Jeanie from the nanites. I can't believe that he would resort to bringing a Wraith into the SGC, allthough it was cool to see a Wraith in the SGC. Too bad the Wraith was dyeing of hunger and the Atlantis expedition had to resort human sacrfice. Even though Sheppard convinced Wallace to sacrifice couldn't be considered sucide. In his eyes he might not have anything to live for considering that both his wife and daughter were now dead. I will close with my only complaint about this episode, I would have liked to know why Teyla wasn't mentioned. I realized Racheal Luttrel was pregnant at the time of the episode but why like a reason why Teyla wasn't there.
                    Quotes

Ronon: When you find someone to point a gun at, let me know.

Jeanie:Your no John Sheppard
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by technoextreme View Post
                      Actually, you'd be a moron if you thought that you couldn't send data over networks securely even the internet. There are such things called encryption.
                      He sent classified government research through an e-mail over the Internet to his sister...I mean come on an e-mail. It won't matter how much encryption you have there is still a very high risk of interception. I just don't understand why Rodney would make such a dumb mistake like that. Most of the rest of the episode was good, but it was just these little things that bugged me.
                      Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                      Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                      Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                      --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                        The villain was a wuss. A bigger wuss than Keller.

Why in the world wasn't Jeannie taken to Atlantis? Why was Todd brought to Earth? Gawd, the last thing we want is a Wraith knowing where Earth is (and we all know Todd is probably gonna get away at some point) and seeing Earth tech!
                        Well who the hell cares if the villain is a wuss? I don't particularly find big giant bad guys who are unquestionable bad that interesting.
                        He sent classified government research through an e-mail over the Internet to his sister...I mean come on an e-mail. It won't matter how much encryption you have there is still a very high risk of interception. I just don't understand why Rodney would make such a dumb mistake like that. Most of the rest of the episode was good, but it was just these little things that bugged me.
                        Except for the fact encryption would work very well. Any interception would be moot. The problem was the fact that they all ready know who McKay and his sister was.

Comment

I guess I just don't understand all the complaining about the bad guy being a 'wuss'. Does every bad guy have to be 100% evil, complete with maniacal laughter and a Mr. Burns-esque drumming of the fingers? Personally, I think a 'grey' baddie makes the show more interesting, and allows our characters to show some trepidation.

Would the Mckay's really have helped him as much as they did if he were evil, rather than being motivated by saving his daughter?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
                            I guess I just don't understand all the complaining about the bad guy being a 'wuss'. Does every bad guy have to be 100% evil, complete with maniacal laughter and a Mr. Burns-esque drumming of the fingers? Personally, I think a 'grey' baddie makes the show more interesting, and allows our characters to show some trepidation.

Would the Mckay's really have helped him as much as they did if he were evil, rather than being motivated by saving his daughter?
                            The best bad guy is the person who believes he or she is doing the right thing. Like I said in my review the only reason is was acting that way was to save his daught. Remember good and evil isn't black and white. There is a huge area of gray.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't like to bash this show, because it seems to have enough detractors as it is, but I definitely did not like the rest of the episode after the point where Sheppard talked with the guy about all the problems he had caused. Sure, he was a potential murderer, but let him be tried and sentenced after he commited the crime. At that instant, all he could be charged with is attempted murder, something I do not think gets you the death penalty even in the States. There should have been a better way.

But, before that part, I was enjoying the episode. I liked "McKay and Mrs. Miller" a lot, but it was not my favorite episode. The beginning of this one seemed like it could have been pretty similar, but when the bad guy showed up it took a turn that I was not expecting. I had not read all the spoilers for this episode, so I knew nothing about this particular bad guy, but I thought he came off pretty convincingly as a desparate man, who had left his senses and his morals behind in his quest for finding a cure for his daughter. After he injected Jeanie with the nanites (I was hoping the same thing Sweetsong), I realized there was probably no hope for him.

The scenes where McKay was arguing with his sister, were funny bits that I can appreciate, having siblings of my own. Facing some of the greatest dangers in the world would probably not completely prevent us from squabbling a little. And it was nice when he inadvertently compared the loss of his sister to the loss Todd might have felt when his hive ship was lost.
                              If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

I don't like to bash this show, because it seems to have enough detractors as it is, but I definitely did not like the rest of the episode after the point where Sheppard talked with the guy about all the problems he had caused. Sure, he was a potential murderer, but let him be tried and sentenced after he commited the crime. At that instant, all he could be charged with is attempted murder, something I do not think gets you the death penalty even in the States. There should have been a better way.
                                He all ready killed his daughter. At that instant he was going to die.

Comment

Working...
                                X