This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Release Dates

Anyone an idea of UK release dates for the Movies. The dates I've seen are for the US. It will be a real pain to have all of SG1 on UK discs and the movies on US. My Muti-region DVD is far older and not as good as my UK one.

Originally posted by paulschapman View Post
    Anyone an idea of UK release dates for the Movies. The dates I've seen are for the US. It will be a real pain to have all of SG1 on UK discs and the movies on US. My Muti-region DVD is far older and not as good as my UK one.
    I'm not !00% sure but I think "Ark of Truth" will be released roughly the same time globally, I'm hoping so anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR Ragnarok Warlord View Post
      I'm not !00% sure but I think "Ark of Truth" will be released roughly the same time globally, I'm hoping so anyway...
      I hope, too, I'm also waiting for the UK release as I can't play DVDs with Region 1 code.....

Comment

I read somewhere that they will get a world wide release thankfully... I'd feel so guilty about downloading it... I'd still buy it but ya know
        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Illegal downloads have been eating into DVD sales big time, so I expect that MGM will aim for a worldwide release (or at least, as close as possible) precisely to avoid people in other countries downloading the films. They can't stop all the pirates, but most Stargate fans would rather buy the DVDs legit, as evidenced by the high sales of the box sets.

Plus, sci-fi fans tend to be among the most technology-savvy viewers, so it's in MGM's own best interests to try for an international release, simply because so many Stargate fans are outside the US and Canada (i.e. outside region 1), and know how to download films.
          Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Lets hope they released at the same time and MGM release a blu ray version
            sigpic
            Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
            Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
              I read somewhere that they will get a world wide release thankfully... I'd feel so guilty about downloading it... I'd still buy it but ya know
              Yeah... there's no way I'm gonna buy it in Region 1 if the uk release is later than US...

I'll wait for the R2 release to buy it but between R1 release and R2 I could be tempted to get it by other means just to see the film as soon as I possibly can...

It would be a shame though because I want these films to do really well in sales, Hopefully that will keep MGM shelling out more SG-1 Movies...

**PRAYS FOR A SAMETIME GLOBALLY RELEASE DATE**

Comment

It's always anoying when releases are staggered and people tell you how it ends because you haven't illegally downloaded it.
                Best quotes ever:
                O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                Thor:I like the yellow ones
                O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                  It's always anoying when releases are staggered and people tell you how it ends because you haven't illegally downloaded it.
                  Yeah I know what you mean, If someone tries telling me what happens in the film before i get a chance to see it... Especially how it ends, I'll be going on a crusade of my own lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X