X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fifth Cylon: new nomination ( Spoilers)

I think its Tom Zarek.

1) He's been making trouble for Roslin and Adama since Day One (ok, maybe Day Four), and its not hard to imagine latent soldier training/programming driving his terrorism campaigns prior to the series beginning.

2) The writers said they decided on the mystery cylon first, way back in Season 1, and he's the only S1 character not to have anything come to light contradicting his candidacy. He was shown to be less sympathetic to human life than Roslin during the secret treason council.

3) He's also been kind of bumming around in a position of power (vice presidency) since ceding power to Roslin.

All in all, I can't think of a single good reason it wouldn't be him. Anyone have one?

thats not such a crazy idea

as all of the final 5 (ok 4) were in the resistance on new caprica that does't leave many candidates left who are alive at least

it would be very irononic if turned out to be helo !!!!

one the other hand it could be adama remember what leoben said to roslin in season 1 !!

Comment

It was revealed some months back that the final Cylon is female

One the male side : We've already got Leoben, Cevil, Simon, Dorel

3 of the 5 are Tigh the pirate, Chief the wife beater and Blanders the sports jock

Originally posted by deathskull View Post

it would be very irononic if turned out to be helo !!!!
      it would also destroy the story about the new generation of human-cylon children
      Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
      They had to fake the ratings
      They had to fake the ratings.
      Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

Originally posted by Kick-Kinsey View Post

it would also destroy the story about the new generation of human-cylon children
        Unless Hera's true significance is not that she's a Human/Cylon child but that she is the first Cylon 5/Cylon 7 child.

Comment

If it has to be female then only Roslin will make the most interesting choice story-wise. Anyone else will just be "Oh, so what?" Plus she keeps sharing visions with the other Cylons. I really cannot think of anyone else who I would be interested in seeing as the final Cylon. Unless it's someone we haven't met yet on Earth perhaps, but that's not likely.

Leoban said Adama was a Cylon to spread mistrust. Remember the "normal" Cylons don't know what the final five even look like.

Comment

RDM and the other writers would have to siginifcantly change their minds in order for Roslin to be a cylon:

From an interview

MTV: How did you decide which four of your characters should be Cylons?

Moore: Some of it was a process of elimination in deciding who we wanted to make Cylons and who would make sense and who would damage the show. We quickly came to [the decision] that we didn't want it to be Adama [Edward James Olmos] or Laura [Mary McDonnell] ... there were just too many reasons not to do that. It had to make sense why it would be these people as opposed to anyone else on the series.

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...08/story.jhtml

He also said pretty much the same thing on the Frak Party Q&A if I recall correctly.

Comment

I wouldn't discount Helo just yet. He did and got away with a lot of things smelling like a rose. Zarek, Gaeta, and Dualla are popular suspects with Hot Dog and Racetrack to a lessor degree since they are not close to someone in power or in a critical job/position. Dr. Cottle would be an excellent dark horse candidate. The rest of the characters have only a few scenes in the series, so making them one of the final 5 would be lazy writing and not very exciting or unexpected. Same thing applies if RDM decides on Baltar or Starbuck, which he said for the longest are not Cylons. Or the writers could just opt for that "Guardian" guy we've just seen in the Razor movie.
              It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Where was it stated that the Final Cylon was female?

Comment

uncut razor dvd i think?
                  Last edited by daniel9; 03 December 2007, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Hope it will be Kendra Shaw.... great character.
                    Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi View Post
                      Dr. Cottle would be an excellent dark horse candidate.
                      That's my vote. Mostly because it would be awesome to ponder a basestar full of smoking, drinking Docs, trying to be all belligerent with each other.

Wow. It boggles the mind.
                      Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

After watching Razor uncut I am really thinking that the final cyclon will be Kendra Shaw, or if they really wanted to do something cool they could bring back that witch Admiral Cain as the fifth Cyclon.

Comment

Originally posted by legalbetter View Post
                          After watching Razor uncut I am really thinking that the final cyclon will be Kendra Shaw, or if they really wanted to do something cool they could bring back that witch Admiral Cain as the fifth Cyclon.
                          I wish you would be right about Shaw, but i just don't think so.

I'm almost certain that it's not Starbuck either for a couple of reasons. The reference to "wings of an angel" is imo a direct homage to the old series and the ship of lights episodes.

Leoben in Maelstrom was not the cylon version or he was really messin with her. It was as if it was a different character entirely that just manifested itself to starbuck as her former captor, probably because that was the only way she could understand and perceive him.

It seems to me that her return has nothing to do with the cylons, probably she has returned "from the dead" due to another group out there, who knows what.

My money is on the statement from Leoben that "Adama is a cylon", the only question in my mind is which one.

oh and btw, please don't respond with "RDM said Adama isn't a cylon", he says lots of things and they are not always true.
                          That human piece of incompetent garbage currently holding the office of President of the USA is not in any way my president, I can't support a born failure. Same reason i was against the last nitwit.

Comment

RDM only said that Admiral Adama wasn't going to be a cylon. He didn't rule out Lee or Dee Adama being a cylon. He has also said there are no plans for a return of the character Kendra Shaw. Make of it what you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbius View Post
                              My money is on the statement from Leoben that "Adama is a cylon", the only question in my mind is which one.

oh and btw, please don't respond with "RDM said Adama isn't a cylon", he says lots of things and they are not always true.
                              ZACK adama any1?
                              ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

Working...
                              X