This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stargate waste removal

to my knowledge anything that goes through a StarGate is disigreanted (as in if someone dialed in and u threw someting into teh even horizon after the *woosh* it would be gone. why doesnt the sgc just dump all the trash into a incoming wormhole and be done w/ it.. itowoudlnt create ny polution it woul djuste be lost in the wonders of a wormhole. id think this owuld be pretty envionmental helpful but someone woudl coem up w/ a tabloid of "WHERE HAS ALL THE TRASH GONE" and teh sgc would be shown to the public.. and ti could be used for bomb disposal and radioactive substacce destruction. or thrwo way nukes. just my thogughts. ny one else have any thgoughts on this?

latas
    dude

Because that would be one expensive garbage disposal unit!
    It's not like they don't have more important things to use the stargate for.
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Given that radiation can travel both ways through an open wormhole, it's anyone's guess what dumping fissile material into an incoming event horizon would do, anyway. I mean, disintegrated fissile material is still itty-bitty bits of fissile material, just in a cloud instead of a block.
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

we have no idea what kind of feedback from the system we'd get. we cannot create or destroy energy/matter so we are just converting it into another medium. possibly storing it as energy within the gate. it could build up, like in redemption...
        Suffer, for it is your reward.

Comment

Besides, if we were to use the gate as a garbage disposal, it'd stink up the SGC pretty bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
            Because that would be one expensive garbage disposal unit!
            It's not like they don't have more important things to use the stargate for.
            "Weeee lets go drag other innocent civilizations into this bloody war!"

DUDE's right, we need to clean up earth before we can cure the problems of the galaxy. Am I wrong in thinking there's a spare 'gate at the current point in the SG-1 timeline? If I am, they could always just take the existing one on tour across America... stopping at waste disposal sites, aiming it at the junk, activating, re-aiming, activating, re-aiming, etc. Give em 5 months and you'll have a junk-free America.

GENIUS.

Comment

Originally posted by Hostile
              "Weeee lets go drag other innocent civilizations into this bloody war!"
              What do you mean? The war with the goa'uld involves human civilizations on other planets just as much as, if not more than our own. Earth never dragged anyone into it... Earth got dragged into it when they happened to stumble upon a galaxy full of oppressed people.

DUDE's right, we need to clean up earth before we can cure the problems of the galaxy.
              We can do both at the same time. We have to. The enemy is not gonna wait for us to finish sweeping up our trash. And there are other ways to get rid of garbage besides throwing it into an interplanetary portal.

Am I wrong in thinking there's a spare 'gate at the current point in the SG-1 timeline?
              Yes.

If I am, they could always just take the existing one on tour across America... stopping at waste disposal sites, aiming it at the junk, activating, re-aiming, activating, re-aiming, etc. Give em 5 months and you'll have a junk-free America.
              ...serving the goa'uld. Genious, you say... Anubis? Is that you?

(Oh, and even though I talk as if the gate and the goa'uld are real, I know it's all fictional... Really, I do!)

Comment

Working...
              X