Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Is a Wormhole in the stargate and in space made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Is a Wormhole in the stargate and in space made?

I've been wondering ever since the begining of stargate, actually how is a wormhole created/ made and mantained? it's puzzled me can anyone tell me about this?
    sigpic
    If i was a picture i'd look something like this, cos friendship brightens my day!!!

Originally posted by Winona View Post
    I've been wondering ever since the begining of stargate, actually how is a wormhole created/ made and mantained? it's puzzled me can anyone tell me about this?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_%28device%29

Check this web page it will tell you pretty much what you want to know...

Comment

Thanks I'll have a look
      sigpic
      If i was a picture i'd look something like this, cos friendship brightens my day!!!

Comment

I've had a look, but thats not really what i was on about ( i'm not being cheeky) but i do now what the stargate is, what i meant was under what condition is a wormhole entablised not nessecerily in the stargate but in open space( a vacuum) and then how is it sustained? but thanks for trying i appreciate it.
        sigpic

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wormhole

Comment

I've had a look, but thats not really what i was on about ( i'm not being cheeky) but i do now what the stargate is, what i meant was under what condition is a wormhole entablised not nessecerily in the stargate but in open space( a vacuum) and then how is it sustained? but thanks for trying i appreciate it.
            Well short of pointing out that a stargate creates a stable wormhole through subspace to another 'gate... i'm not really sure what else can be said... if it helps alot of scientists have been trying to work out what you want to know... I supose if you did a search on wormholes (OR Wormhole Physics) you might find something...

How the 'gate does what it does hasn't been explored too deeply by the show... most likely not to ruin the science fiction aspect and in the case that real world science advances to the point were our understanding of wormhole (and relativity) physics contradicts the show...

It does give a brief expanation of wormholes on that web page...

Sorry I can't be of more help...
            Last edited by Guest; 25 November 2007, 02:10 PM. Reason: ...

Comment

Thanyou, thankyou, thankyou, finally someone who speaks sense to me and takes the time to explain it to me. what can i say i'm a simple gal, i need short and sweet explanations ( but i'm all for the technical side- i'm not taking three sciences for nothing) thanks again friend. can i put you on my buddy list you'll be the first one on there?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR Ragnarok Warlord View Post
                Well short of pointing out that a stargate creates a stable wormhole through subspace to another 'gate... i'm not really sure what else can be said... if it helps alot of scientists have been trying to work out what you want to know... I supose if you did a search on wormholes (OR Wormhole Physics) you might find something...

How the 'gate does what it does hasn't been explored too deeply by the show... most likely not to ruin the science fiction aspect and in the case that real world science advances to the point were our understanding of wormhole (and relativity) physics contradicts the show...

It does give a brief expanation of wormholes on that web page...

Sorry I can't be of more help...
                Quality sig, green for you lol

Comment

Approximately 43,000 terawatts of power are channeled through a ham sandwich, which (obviously) cannot contain that much energy, and so the mayo present in the sandwich funnels all of the power into one point in space. The cheese and bread naturally prevent the power from dissipating at that point, and so it is forced, literally, through space/time, exiting somewhere else in the universe. Finally, the energy is allowed to dissipate into the space "between" these two points, temporarily creating a pathway one can traverse.

This process destroys the sandwich, which is why wormholes currently exist only in science fiction: no one in their right mind would waste a perfectly good ham sandwich.

Comment

Wow thats so ace i cant believe you can explain wormholes using a sandwich. It's all good when you bring food into the equation it all makes sense!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigFlush View Post
                      Approximately 43,000 terawatts of power are channeled through a ham sandwich, which (obviously) cannot contain that much energy, and so the mayo present in the sandwich funnels all of the power into one point in space. The cheese and bread naturally prevent the power from dissipating at that point, and so it is forced, literally, through space/time, exiting somewhere else in the universe. Finally, the energy is allowed to dissipate into the space "between" these two points, temporarily creating a pathway one can traverse.

This process destroys the sandwich, which is why wormholes currently exist only in science fiction: no one in their right mind would waste a perfectly good ham sandwich.
                      LOL! that real funny... I think Mckay would rather have the sandwich that waste it on creating an intergalatic bridge...

Maybe Sheppard aswell if it was a turkey sandwich...
                      Last edited by Guest; 26 November 2007, 02:21 PM. Reason: ...

Comment

I have been wondering about this for a long time. The sandwich explaination is simple. I understand it now. Thank you.
                        PS I think someone should put that on the GateWorld website somewhere for other people to find that might not be part of the forums.

Comment

Its simple really. The Stargates channel enough direct energy into a plot hole where it rips a channel (or "worm hole") through space time and the connects to the dialed Stargate. The worm hole is then maintained throught the use of MAGNETS

Comment

Originally posted by DaCk View Post
                            Its simple really. The Stargates channel enough direct energy into a plot hole where it rips a channel (or "worm hole") through space time and the connects to the dialed Stargate. The worm hole is then maintained throught the use of MAGNETS
                            LOL With magnets... LOL

Comment

Oh he'd definitly take the sandwich
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X