X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Asgard (Season 10 SG-1 Spoilers)

Spoiler:
    Asgard Preservation:
    This thread may already exist but my attempts to find it were unsuccessful. So I ask you this. Would it have been possible to preserve the Asgard using Android technology?
    When I say Android technology I refer to the episode "TIN MAN" In season 1. When SG-1's had there minds transfered into the body of an android providing a larger brain span and immortality.
    So why didnt the Asgard try to preserve themselves in that way. Or at the least why didnt the SGC share the info?
    Pure.

SG-1's conscious' weren't transferred into those androids, they were a dublicate conscious existing alongside the real sg-1's ones. I think the Asgard actually thought about just putting all their people in stasis or computers but in the end they've been fighting death so long I guess they just gave up.
    Last edited by kirmit; 25 November 2007, 07:19 AM.

Comment

the asgard have extended their lives through science for thens, perhaps hundreads of thousands of years. wouldnt you be sick of it by then?

Comment

Probally the robot minds weren't as big as the asgard minds?

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          the asgard have extended their lives through science for thens, perhaps hundreads of thousands of years. wouldnt you be sick of it by then?
          I think they may have seen their genetic degredation as a sign that they weren't ment to live forever, that and the thousands of years of existence would make anyone (in my opinion) think about packing it all in and moving to the great beyond... sadly acension was taken out of the equasion by extending their life through science, it would have been good if that was delved into a little deeper though...

Comment

What if they could transfer their minds into an Asuran like body because they could have the ability to ascend. Or thats the impression i got from Progeny.
            Best quotes ever:
            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
            Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
            Thor:I like the yellow ones
            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
              What if they could transfer their minds into an Asuran like body because they could have the ability to ascend. Or thats the impression i got from Progeny.
              They want to but it's uncertain whether they actually can.

Comment

Hell you'd think the Asgard could have developed some kind of artificial sexual reproduction, or something.
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                  They want to but it's uncertain whether they actually can.
                  They can store their minds in ships' computers so I don't see any problem with an android or asuran-like body. Why didn't they do that? Maybe they thought that what caused their downfall in the first place was that they tried to avoid death with the help of science and they didn't want to play that card twice. All living creature has to die sometime, noone can avoid that fate. Maybe they just didn't want another trick. BTW transferring their minds to artificial (meaning not organic) bodies brings up quite a few moral and philosophical questions. Would they still be the species we knew as asgards or some kind of machines?

Comment

Originally posted by PureMarksman View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Asgard Preservation:
                    This thread may already exist but my attempts to find it were unsuccessful. So I ask you this. Would it have been possible to preserve the Asgard using Android technology?
                    When I say Android technology I refer to the episode "TIN MAN" In season 1. When SG-1's had there minds transfered into the body of an android providing a larger brain span and immortality.
                    So why didnt the Asgard try to preserve themselves in that way. Or at the least why didnt the SGC share the info?
                    If you lived for thousands of years, would you want to live a few thousand more? It would get boring.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSullivan View Post
                      If you lived for thousands of years, would you want to live a few thousand more? It would get boring.
                      This makes me wonder what they do for entertainment.
                      Best quotes ever:
                      O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                      Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                      Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                      Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                      Thor:I like the yellow ones
                      O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Darien View Post
                        They can store their minds in ships' computers so I don't see any problem with an android or asuran-like body. Why didn't they do that? Maybe they thought that what caused their downfall in the first place was that they tried to avoid death with the help of science and they didn't want to play that card twice. All living creature has to die sometime, noone can avoid that fate. Maybe they just didn't want another trick. BTW transferring their minds to artificial (meaning not organic) bodies brings up quite a few moral and philosophical questions. Would they still be the species we knew as asgards or some kind of machines?
                        .........I was referring to the Asurans ascending......

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                          Hell you'd think the Asgard could have developed some kind of artificial sexual reproduction, or something.
                          Yeah, I would have thought so with how advaced they were...

**R.I.P. THOR!!!**

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                            .........I was referring to the Asurans ascending......
                            Oooops... sorry, mate!

Comment

Originally posted by PureMarksman View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              Asgard Preservation:
                              Despite the people poking holes in your theory, I think it's a great idea and I wish it would have worked. I wonder if the androids could have been made asgard sized though?

Comment

Working...
                              X