Adria's Ascension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adria's Ascension

I wnat to know what other stargate fans think what happened to adria. did the sngral weapon work and kill the ori so that when adria ascended she consumed all the pwoer of the ori or it never worked and she joined the ranks of the ascended ori

we don't know. We will find out in the first movie "Ark of Truth". Just wait 4 months

but I hope the Ori are alive
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by system lord ted View Post
      I wnat to know what other stargate fans think what happened to adria. did the sngral weapon work and kill the ori so that when adria ascended she consumed all the pwoer of the ori or it never worked and she joined the ranks of the ascended ori
      This topic should be *SPOILER*'d...

Spoiler:
      I don't get this "ascended and gained the power of the Ori" thing. The Ori abosrbed power from their followers, but who's to say Adria ever knew how? She was the Jesus to their God, but she never knew everything they did (she had her doubts around Vala).

My guess is that the weapon didn't work and Adria will soon return to carry on her work in the name of her fellow gods.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I think the old ascended ori were killed, and that when Adria ascended, she assumed all of their power

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
          I think the old ascended ori were killed, and that when Adria ascended, she assumed all of their power
          I personally hope that is not the case, the oldest and deadliest enemy of the Ancients taken out off screen and in a totally lame way.

Comment

While i can see her gaining any new faith power the ori had, i cannot see her gaining that power they USED to have before they died..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              While i can see her gaining any new faith power the ori had, i cannot see her gaining that power they USED to have before they died..
              When Adria acended she would have gained most if not all the power the Ori had (if as Ba'al stated they are really dead)... because most of the Ori's power they were sapping from their followers which would have gone to her now she's acended...

It would seem that being acended is not to be all powerful but to have almost limitless knowledge of the universe, the Ori used that knowlegde to create more humans which they would get to worship them as gods which in turn made the Ori more powerful than a lone acended or even a collective of acended beings.
              It begs the question as to why the Ori didn't just go to war with the Ancients instead of beating round the bush converting this galaxy... They had the power to win a war on that level.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                I personally hope that is not the case, the oldest and deadliest enemy of the Ancients taken out off screen and in a totally lame way.
                yeah I hope not too... but then Adria has the capacity to be one hell of a bad guy on her own, especially if they are dead and she now has all the power the Ori formally had.

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR Ragnarok Warlord View Post
                  It begs the question as to why the Ori didn't just go to war with the Ancients instead of beating round the bush converting this galaxy... They had the power to win a war on that level.
                  In 'The Shroud' it's said they had the power to take out the ancients but with severe losses themselves, they wanted to avoid any losses.

yeah I hope not too... but then Adria has the capacity to be one hell of a bad guy on her own, especially if they are dead and she now has all the power the Ori formally had.
                  Adria may be a good bad guy and have lots of wicked cool powers but she'll never have the history the Ori had with the Ancients. They've hated them for millions of years, a war has been brewing between them for all that time and bam Earth take them out in a snap. The great war that's been brewing all that time will never happen, the ancients had us do their dirty work for them and again get off scot free, I actually wanted to see the ancients get a few of their butts whooped lol.

Comment

In 'The Shroud' it's said they had the power to take out the ancients but with severe losses themselves, they wanted to avoid any losses.

Adria may be a good bad guy and have lots of wicked cool powers but she'll never have the history the Ori had with the Ancients. They've hated them for millions of years, a war has been brewing between them for all that time and bam Earth take them out in a snap. The great war that's been brewing all that time will never happen, the ancients had us do their dirty work for them and again get off scot free, I actually wanted to see the ancients get a few of their butts whooped lol.
                    Yeah I though that was the reason...

Wouldn't the Ori have passed their perception of the Ancients onto Adria aswell as the propaganda she was spouting? or is she just a more powerful version of a prior and not in the know as to what the Ori are really about and think...

Comment

Yeah I though that was the reason...

Wouldn't the Ori have passed their perception of the Ancients onto Adria aswell as the propaganda she was spouting? or is she just a more powerful version of a prior and not in the know as to what the Ori are really about and think...
                      From what we've actually seen on screen it looked asif she was just like and more powerful prior. I know Vala said she knew the score but I don't know how Vala came to that conclusion after the conversation they had in 'Flesh and Blood'. I still just don't like the idea of the ancients greatest enemy being taken out off screen and in such a crappy way, I know we all wanted to actually see them fight the ancients. I still wouldn't be happy if it was Adria who went to war with the Ancients because she's a late player in the game. It's like 2 guys having a fight, fights getting really good, pretty evenly matched then some other guy jumps in an knocks one of them out. You wanted to see one of these guys come up the victory not some other guy who's just jumped in at the last minute.

Comment

I doubt the weapon worked. It shouldn't IMO.

The Ori should know what kind of weapon it was, and make countermeasures.

Otherwise it would be such a lame way to destroy Ascended beings.

But I wouldn't say they (writers/producer) would not do it, they easily wiped off the Asgard in such a lame way.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post

But I wouldn't say they (writers/producer) would not do it, they easily wiped off the Asgard in such a lame way.
                          Yeah, I agree about the Asgard... that's the one single thing which ruins the last epp... I know one of the writers once said that ending a show on a bad note like killing off some of the main people was bad for re-runs, the Asgard arn't that important but still they were an important allie in stargate killing them off just to complete the "Set out to gain advanced tech to defend Earth" aspect of the show was obviously not thought to be such a big deal...

I'm hoping the Ori are still about, it would have been one of the worst ways to get rid of them.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post

As time wouldn't be relative in the Ori's plain the 5 seconds they had when it entered their galaxy would be meaningless, they could just run off to another galaxy.

I definately wouldn't put it past TPTB, they always do things their way and don't give a damn about what fans think, they've said as much before. They want the Ori killed off in a lame way its happening despite the fact that I think every single fan doesn't want them destroyed just like that.

Comment

As time wouldn't be relative in the Ori's plain the 5 seconds they had when it entered their galaxy would be meaningless, they could just run off to another galaxy.
                              I definately wouldn't put it past TPTB, they always do things their way and don't give a damn about what fans think, they've said as much before. They want the Ori killed off in a lame way its happening despite the fact that I think every single fan doesn't want them destroyed just like that.
                              I hope they did...

Comment

Working...
                              X