PDA

View Full Version : Ok..not as bad as I remember it.

GhostPoet
May 5th, 2004, 01:31 PM
When Season 7 was first running..I was very vocal about how much I thought it sucked compared to all the other seasons...how O'Neil was written horrible and how most of the episodes were just plain boring.

I think I was wrong. The more I think back..the more I'm starting to realise it was actually really good.
There were a few episodes I didn't like..mainly Heroes part 1 and the clip episode (MAYBE heroes 2..can't remember if it was just mainly talking about the doctor or not..if it was..blah, too much boring talk not enough anything else)

Over-all..I think it was a great season..with some really well done episodes. Lots of great Sam stories...and for good reason since what happens in season 8....

the_fours
May 8th, 2004, 05:55 AM
for me it was when i was reading the spoilers that i wasnt too keen on it, but after seeing s7 on whole id say it was pretty good

Teal'c
May 8th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Hmmm... I think this is precisly what I predicted a few months back :P

Thoth
May 31st, 2004, 07:56 AM
Hmmm... I think this is precisly what I predicted a few months back :P

Oh wise and terrible Teal'c. They were mistake and are sorry for their misgivings. They will never do it again.

Now, let us bow and say a prayer of thanks for the gifts that Almighty Teal'c has given us.

Hummmmm. Hummmmm. Hummmmm. :p

DanielFan
June 18th, 2004, 10:48 AM
I thought it was awesome... but then, I didn't read any spoilers at all.

Elwe Singollo
June 18th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Yah, i saw all S7 (my first season w/o reading spoilers). It was a good season :)

Anubis
June 18th, 2004, 01:35 PM
The only episodes I read spoilers for in season seven was the finale, The Lost City. However, when they were first released they were about the city flying away

bcmilco
June 18th, 2004, 01:43 PM
I thought it was awesome... but then, I didn't read any spoilers at all.

I saw the first half of s7 with hardly any spoliers, and I thought it was fair. Whereas I saw the second half after knowing most/all of the spoilers and, in general, I enjoyed those episodes more. So, for me, as long as I don't get a scene by scene break down of what's going to happen spoilers don't seem to effect my enjoyment. ;)

Anubis
June 18th, 2004, 01:48 PM
I think I enjoy it with spoilers for some reason. Perhaps I know what to expect, sort of and it gets me in gear of what to expect. I certainly enjoyed the final third of the season a lot more than the beginning

Elwe Singollo
June 18th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Although i thought Lifeboat was 'not good', i thought Teryl's and Michael's acting was excellent.

Madeleine
June 18th, 2004, 09:29 PM
I was spoiled for the first half and found it very good with one or two exceptions; hadn't a clue for the second half and (apart from LC and the acting in Heroes2) I was mostly unimpressed. Kind of the exact opposite of BCM ;)

Madeleine

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 12:04 AM
I was kind of ':S' why they put 'Ressurection' right after Heros P.2 and before Inauguration. It was an ok episode for me, but i truly think it should have been placed somewhere else.

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 12:10 AM
I have to agree, Resurrection didn't have have that great effect on me, I think if they put it after about the fifth episode it may have fitted in better

LoneStar1836
June 19th, 2004, 01:42 AM
When Season 7 was first running..I was very vocal about how much I thought it sucked compared to all the other seasons...how O'Neil was written horrible and how most of the episodes were just plain boring.

I think I was wrong. The more I think back..the more I'm starting to realise it was actually really good.

I had the same sentiments about Season 6 when I first saw it (except for the bit about Jack) because I knew Daniel was not going to be in it and didn't really give it a chance. After watching it again in syndication, I thought the season was really good, not my favorite, but it had some of the best episodes of the series, IMO: "The Changeling", "Paradise Lost", "Unnatural Selection", and "Abyss".

Now to Season 7. I was kind of the opposite. I was really looking forward to it because Daniel was coming back and thus pretty much enjoyed 2/3rds of the episodes when I saw them the first time while the other third was either so-so or not very interesting. After viewing the season again, I feel more critical of it. I feel that the writing could have been improved. The writers mishandled Daniel coming back (though I thought this the 1st time through). I don't like the way they wrote for Jack in some of the episodes and how they mismanaged his screen time in some shows, i.e. S/J in your face ship (not prevelant but enough to be distracting). Also I think they should have and probably could have kept Jonas on the team. Just my opinion though. Overall I still like the season, not my favorite, but not total crap. The writing just seemed kind of sloppy in Season 7. Stargate is still one of my favorite tv series.

As far as spoiling myself on the show, I only remember reading about "Heroes" way in advance so I was expecting the inevitable outcome, but it still didn't ruin part 2 for me, though I didn't agree with what happened.

ecm101
June 19th, 2004, 02:28 AM
If you go in excepecting something you get disapiontted then you don't get what you want. but if you just watch the show for itself ans its' stories it was not that bad(with exceptions...) :D

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 04:40 AM
If you go in with expectations, yes can can be rurined but sometimes you go in and get more than you expected. Just the way (sometimes)

SeaBee
June 19th, 2004, 07:24 AM
I managed to avoid almost all the spoilers for season 7, except 1. Unfortunately for me the one that did get past my rigid "I Will Not Read Spoilers" rule was tucked in an interview with Teryl, and it completely ruined "Heroes" for me.

On the whole, I enjoyed season 7, although there was a little too much politics in some of the episodes.

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 07:38 AM
I read the spoilers for Heroes and it didn't have no effect on me!

Elwe Singollo
June 20th, 2004, 01:15 AM
I didn't read the spoilers for Part 1/2 of Heros, i was in shock in what happened in Heros Part 2 though :(

taupecat
June 20th, 2004, 07:29 PM
I never started reading spoilers until the 2nd half of S7. For the most part, I don't think it ruined my enjoyment of any of the episodes, except for "Heroes 2". Not because I knew who the unlucky victim was going to be, but because the whole ep makes you think it was someone else. Knowing what I knew, I felt deliberately manipulated and lied to, and it really irked me.

Elwe Singollo
June 25th, 2004, 12:36 AM
At first it was a 'foiler' about the death of our missed doctor :(, but yah, it shot me in the heart when it was true :(

Roatbaum
July 1st, 2004, 10:33 PM
It was a pretty good season,IMO, I really loved Enemy Mine, it was probably one of the top three for me, Grace was another one that I particularly liked. Of course, the pre season trailers were, as always, misleading, I knew that Jack wasn't really going to kiss Sam , and logic said it had to be Janet that died, they couldn't kill another team member, (again) or Hammond, it had to be her. But the show as a whole has certainly evolved since season 1.

Anubis
July 1st, 2004, 11:13 PM
It certainly has evolved since the start. One thing for the better quality of the graphics and animation they use to do on the show. The props and everything that people don't really take into account but really makes it work

PYRO
July 2nd, 2004, 07:53 AM
S7 was great, I think FlashBack episodes rule.....

Elwe Singollo
July 2nd, 2004, 08:01 AM
I'm not too big of a fan, but i think every season should have them :)

nukechuck
July 2nd, 2004, 09:24 AM
the first half of season seven wasn't good imo because I was hearing so much negativity but later I stopped going to the sci fi bboards and then I rewatched it and I thought it was damn good then the second half of the season was awesome as well.

Anubis
July 2nd, 2004, 10:44 AM
Every season should have at least one but no more than two

Benj
July 4th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Season 7 has been underrated in my opinion. It has arguably the best finale of a tv series ever, excellent production values and really i have not noticed the stories decreasing in quality. The Super Soldiers were ace as to be honest i was getting a little jaded that in every firefight perhaps 30-50 Jaffa had to die for every sg-team member, they had the look of elite tie fighter pilots out of the original star wars. And of course the return of Daniel really puts the shine on the button, and the brilliant President Hargreaves.

Matt G
July 5th, 2004, 07:34 AM
You mean President Hayes?

Anubis
July 5th, 2004, 07:35 AM
Hehehe! What a name. It is Hayes not whatever that word spells!

Benj
July 5th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Ah yes sorry President Hayes. don't know where i got hargreaves from! Hargreaves wouldn't be a bad name for president though lol