This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Movies in Blue-Ray???

Does anyone know if the Upcoming Stargate Movies will be available in blue-ray discs??
    Isn't MGM linked in some way to Sony?? If the movies come out on high definition it should be blue-ray right??

One other question why didn't Stargate (original movie) blue-ray edition wasn't released in Europe(region 2)?? i can only find R1 versions of stargate...

Thanks in advance...
    "Do you know what's the Chain of Command?? It's the chain i'm gonna beat you
    with until you realize who's in rotten command here." - Jayne Cobb

If a HD format is done, then yes Blu-Ray should be the format chosen. As you pointed out the movie has been done on Blu-Ray and SGA was even mentioned very early on as a series planned for Blu-Ray. Not one mention of it happened on HD-DVD has ever been released.

That said, I can't explain why Stargate never got an R2 Blu-Ray release. To be honest, I actually thought it had. If the movies are also given a HD release then I would expect them to be released on Blu-Ray. However both movies only recently got release dates so there is still a few unanswered questions.

sigpic

Comment

Blu-ray does use region coding, though not as extensively as was used with DVD. Also, it is not mandatory for studios to use it on all their titles, so some are import friendly. It is just a matter of determining it.

Comment

One thing I like about HD DVD over blu ray, is that HD DVD does not use region code, they are all open.

Comment

I would love to watch stargate on ps3 bluray player
          sigpic
          Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
          Metal gear fan

Comment

MGM is a member of the Blu-ray disc Association, so if the movies come on hd disc it wil definetely be Blu-Ray

Comment

I'll buy BluRay player just for this occasion. Untill then, I'll enjoy my $156 Toshiba A3 with total of 10 free movies. YEAH!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatorade View Post
                I'll buy BluRay player just for this occasion. Untill then, I'll enjoy my $156 Toshiba A3 with total of 10 free movies. YEAH!
                If you do get a Blu-ray player, I'd recommend a Profile 1.1 player from Panasonic, or one of the other manufacturers that will release one early next year, or if you don't care about Picture-In-Picture features, I'd recommend the Samsung BD-P1400.

Comment

I may just buy the Panasonic player, had their VCR for 15 years, just died recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
                    I would love to watch stargate on ps3 bluray player
                    Amen to that! (Crosses fingers)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatorade View Post
                      I may just buy the Panasonic player, had their VCR for 15 years, just died recently.
                      The Panasonic DMP-BD30K player is Profile 1.1 compliant, and right now is the only standalone player that is at the moment.

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-e...00000000005702

For Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD, a compatible audio reciever is required.

If MGM/20th Century Fox releases the movies on Blu-ray with lossless audio, it would likely be DTS-HD Master Audio. It would be nice to know how the audio was mastered for both films. Perhaps it may be available in 24-bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X