X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis - NEW Jewel Staite web site

From Jewel Staite's blog update for November 22, 2007:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=331068115

(Please follow the link for the complete blog update.)

Thursday, November 22, 2007

http://www.jewelstaite.com

This blog is now strictly for answering your questions. That's right, no other info divulged, because my website is up and running! Check it out at http://www.jewelstaite.com and try not to be scared because my eyes aren't really that alien green. Unless I'm on absynth, but that's only on Sundays. I'll be announcing appearances there, as well as giving you the low-down on the haps in my life (okay I'll stop) and posting pictures as well. Some from my recent trip to Puerto Vallarta may even make it! And some will be burned.

Onward!

Do I have a Facebook page? Yup. But it's for certain eyes only and will forever remain private. It's just for buddies from way back to keep in touch with me, and I only joined because my friends were starting to make fun of me for not being on Facebook. So unless you used to hang out outside the corner store on Cardero with me, or came to my slumber parties to sleep in my New Kids On the Block sleeping bag, you can't be my friend on Facebook.

Is the strike affecting Stargate/my life? Not really. Stargate doesn't even start up again until the spring, and this time of year is usually dead anyway in the acting world, so I'm going to kick back and use my Tivo while supporting those picketing writers and pray that it all works out in time for pilot season. Otherwise there's going to be a lot of out-of-work actors running around, and the fires will be the least of LA's problems.

A typical day in the life of me? While working, I'm usually up at 5, out the door at 5:30, at Starbucks at 5:33, at work at 6, eating a breakfast sandwich at 6:10, getting primped in the make up chair until 7, and on my feet for the next twelve hours. I get home on a good day around 8, and usually fall asleep on the couch with dinner in my lap. Glamorous, yes. When I'm not working, I get up anywhere between 9 and noon, walk my dog, laze around, have a latte, do some shopping, read a book, maybe lift a weight in the gym, then cook a meal for my picky prince of a husband, or go out for dinner with my friends which usually ends in eating beef and blue cheese pizza at Numero Uno at 3 AM.

**snippage**

Favorite thing about conventions? Least favorite? Going to a convention is like taking a vacation with a bunch of people you haven't seen in a while, sometimes actors from shows I've worked on, and sometimes actors I've bonded with at other conventions (that's how Laura Bertram and I became friends—thanks, Sean Harry!) My least favorite thing is how I feel the morning after hanging out with these "friends". But I always have fun. I wouldn't do them if they weren't fun. I think science fiction fans get a bad rap sometimes; they've been nothing but lovely and welcoming to me, especially the ones that bring me food, and sometimes moonshine.

Out of all of the characters I've played, who do I relate to the most? Probably Dr. Keller so far. Except I'm not afraid of heights, at all. The writers know this and keep writing me death-defying scenarios where I'm balanced precariously on something. Thanks, guys. I wouldn't care except harnesses suck, and apparently whenever I'm in one, people think I'm pregnant. Again, thanks.

**snippage**

How does the Stargate family feel about Firefly? I think most of them have seen it. I know David Hewlett has; he told me how much he loved it, and that's why he's my favorite. And I saw someone in the production office with a picture of Serenity the ship as their screen saver, but I won't tell you who.

**snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter
Working...
X