This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all fanfic writers...

How would you guys fell about having a group fanfic thread? On it, we would discuss our ideas, take the good ones and make a few short or long fanfics out of them? (Tell me yes or no and maybe why or why not) If enough people think its cool, then i'd give more info.
    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

I think that, technically, that's supposed to be the purpose of the entire Fanfic section, particularly since one of the sticky notes cautions against posting long fics here. Might be nice to start an adoption agency for plot bunnies, though...

Comment

It sounds like a good idea to let people discuss their ideas for fanfiction and get feedback, if the thread keeps up. Considering the other threads like this that have started where everyone contributes to a story, I dont think it will last long. It might though, i would try it!

Comment

responding to ShadowMaat ok- i guess i wasnt thinking when i put this up. sorry for wasting ur time.

Comment

Not a waste of time, just maybe some clarification of the goals. Plot bunny adoption, feedback, round robin, what? Or start bunches of threads for the different things and hope they don't sink to the bottom like everything else around here.

Comment

oh-i was kind of thinking about a round-robin format, but, i dont know...

Comment

The Fic section is nice to have, but not much ever seems to get done with it beyond a few half-hearted round robins and a lot of, "Help me find a fic" things. *sigh* It could use some invigorating. The question is, would it do any good?

Comment

a plot bunny adoption or challenge thread would be fun.

Of course, for it to keep going and be a success, folks need to post bunnies adn challenges.

anyone have anything they'd like to post?
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

SadowMaat:
                  probably not, like i said before, i wasnt quite thinking about it when i posted this thread. it was just an idea that came into my head that i didn't think through

and, oh wait, yet another response in just the last like 2 minutes
                  and another!

Comment

yeah we could do something where someone issues a story challenge and people make stories to fit the challenge

Comment

We did "lit challenges" over on SCIFI back when the board was still good. They were loads of fun. Emphasis was placed on silliness although I think a few serious ones managed to squeak past...

Comment

i like that idea S0f4. who would issue the chalenges? i dont think i'd like being that person too much, i can write well, not give topics .

Comment

Who says it has to be one person? Whoever can come up with a challenge- or who finds a good challenge somewhere else- can start it up.

Comment

so we've gone from being dismal about the topic to listing our ideas about how the thread can work..ok. i like all the ideas here, but are we going to or what?

Comment

sure! go ahead
                              you might want to post a challenge to get the board rolling though

Comment

Working...
                              X