Your favorite GUEST character

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your favorite GUEST character

We already have a thread for favorite characters. This one is for favorite guest characters, i. e. those that you only see in an episode or two, or a few. Any characters mentioned in the opening credits of a whole season are disqualified, but guests played by people who get a mention at the start of one or a few episodes in a season do count.

I. e. Doctor Franklin is out, but his father General Franklin is okay.

I really liked Deathwalker. She's as nasty as they come, but really well played. I have other favorites too, but I'll let some of you post yours first.
    sigpic

Zathras, of course.

"Maybe Zathras great hero. Maybe build statue to Zathras, and others come remember Zathras."
    sigpic
    "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
    Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

John McEnroe
      McEnroe plays himself in this episode. He is accused of empaling a man's head on a condom machine in the bathroom of a bar. People spot McEnroe fleeing from the scene. When McEnroe is questioned, he has an air-tight alibi, but his blood is found at the scene. It turns out to be a man named Jimmy Nelson, a John McEnroe doppleganger, who also ordered McEnroe's blood from a website and carried it on a keychain. He had an altercation with the victim in the men's restroom, and in self-defense, killed the man. The vial of blood broke, leaving evidence of the real John McEnroe Behind

Comment

Yeah right.

From now on, please post only characters who really appeared.
        sigpic

Comment

If i was to choose one that only was in 1 or 2 episodes i would say
          Urza Jaddo - played by Carmen Argenziano.
          That character had so much life in him. Really enjoyed every moment of it.
          We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

Comment

Originally posted by EarthandBeyond View Post
            If i was to choose one that only was in 1 or 2 episodes i would say
            Urza Jaddo - played by Carmen Argenziano.
            That character had so much life in him. Really enjoyed every moment of it.
            He was good. The one complaint I had was his accent. It was fine most of the time but there was a speach he did when he was angry and it just sounded like a really bad parody of an Eastern European accent. (Watched that ep the other night so it's fresh in my mind...)

I'd have to say Wayne Alexander as Lorien. I was also quite partial to the Drazi Ambassador for some reason. I think it was his voice, it just went really well.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Urza Jaddo was good. It would have been better if they had picked Centauri actors with similar accents: it always bugged me that Vir spoke with a standard American accent, given Londo's fake (?) East European accent.
              sigpic

Comment

Probably Bester. Always looked forward to seeing Bester. Him and Mister Morden, actually are probably tied in my book.
                Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                  Urza Jaddo was good. It would have been better if they had picked Centauri actors with similar accents: it always bugged me that Vir spoke with a standard American accent, given Londo's fake (?) East European accent.
                  Peter Jurasik (guy who plays Londo), if memory serves, is Ukranian, and the accent he used was real.

JMS' reason behind the different accents is that they come from different regions of Centauri Prime/Minbar/etc. And, just as languages and accents on Earth differ from region to region, so it is with those other worlds.
                  sigpic
                  "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                  Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Zathras and Bester

Comment

Originally posted by aarathi View Post
                      John McEnroe
                      McEnroe plays himself in this episode. He is accused of empaling a man's head on a condom machine in the bathroom of a bar. People spot McEnroe fleeing from the scene. When McEnroe is questioned, he has an air-tight alibi, but his blood is found at the scene. It turns out to be a man named Jimmy Nelson, a John McEnroe doppleganger, who also ordered McEnroe's blood from a website and carried it on a keychain. He had an altercation with the victim in the men's restroom, and in self-defense, killed the man. The vial of blood broke, leaving evidence of the real John McEnroe Behind
                      this is a CSI NY episode

anyway I'd choose Walter Koenig (Bester) and Ed Wasser (Morden) as a close second. Morden because of his 'associates' (obviously) and Bester I guess because of s4 and what he did to Garibaldi. before he was just the creepy guy with a lot of power but in s4 he became real evil imo
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Bester and Morden are definitely my top two favorite recurring characters, though I don't know if you would count them as guest characters. Zathras was awesome too.

I remember Carmen Argenziano played a Centauri in season 2's "Knives" and Tony Amendola played some alien in an episode of Crusade, though you could barely tell it was him under all those prosthetics. The voice gave it away.
                        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Bester is a tough one, because he doesn't appear often enough to be a regular, but he does appear more often than most other visitors. However, when he does appear, something interesting is bound to happen.
                          sigpic

Comment

I am as much of the same opinion as every one else here with Zathras and (especially) Bester. Both great characters.

One of my other favourite recurring guest characters not in the opening credits was Neroon of the Star Riders clan. His appearances were such a refreshing change from B5's tendency to feature just the Religious caste. I had a lot of respect for this guy, right from his first appearance, through to his noble end.
                            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                              Peter Jurasik (guy who plays Londo), if memory serves, is Ukranian, and the accent he used was real.
                              He doesn't really have an accent in the commentaries are featurettes on the DVDs. Well...maybe a bit of one, but not the full-blown "Mistah Garibaldi!" one.

Ta'Lon was pretty cool. Kind of wish we got to see a Babylon 5: The Next Generation TV movie or something with him and some of the other people that were watching as Sheridan left in his White Star...
                              Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                              http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Working...
                              X