PDA

View Full Version : the end of " the ark of truth" endings.

apollo22
November 20th, 2007, 06:49 AM
this is to discuss all fiffernet possible endings to the movie ark of truth. i have it kind of set in my head that the ori will be defeated so my idea was something like when we defeat them, all of a sudden a whole bunch of ascended ancients show up as well as the asgard becuase the ancients helped their good buddies ascend aswell. i think that the furlings should show becuase they have never been seen and maybe they were just waiting for this big moment.

this is merely speculatory and you can think of any ending that would be cool

marty2006
November 20th, 2007, 07:57 AM
this is to discuss all fiffernet possible endings to the movie ark of truth. i have it kind of set in my head that the ori will be defeated so my idea was something like when we defeat them, all of a sudden a whole bunch of ascended ancients show up as well as the asgard becuase the ancients helped their good buddies ascend aswell. i think that the furlings should show becuase they have never been seen and maybe they were just waiting for this big moment.

this is merely speculatory and you can think of any ending that would be cool

The ori may well already be defeated and according to ba'al they are. Personally id rather they wernt yet, however adria has ascended so if they were killed she now has all of their power to herself lol. The rest however certainly wont happen lol. The ending itself will be the usual we triumph the enemy loses but i couldnt elaborate because i just dont know how what happen.

Nitegate
November 20th, 2007, 08:04 AM
people really need to get off the subject of the furlings, they're never gonna show them in an episode or movie, brad wright even said he made the mistake in even mentioning them and it's not gonna happen.

wkw427
November 20th, 2007, 08:06 AM
We defeat Adria, unconvert the Oir Armys, set up colonies in the Ori Galaxy, get their tech, and Morgan LeFay and Merlin show up, thank us, all the ancients show up, thank us,

Then something happens that will lead into the next series

marty2006
November 20th, 2007, 08:26 AM

Ah very clever, never thought of that.

jenks
November 20th, 2007, 09:23 AM
There'll be a moral dilemma with the brainwashing device, then TPTB will invent something that makes it all go away, heh...

wkw427
November 20th, 2007, 09:50 AM
And SG1, abord the Oddsey, exists hyperspace too close to the plothole. Everyone dies. No more sg1

kirmit
November 20th, 2007, 10:17 AM
I'd prefer if the Ori weren't destroyed at all, we know the storyline will be wrapped up but this could mean a variety of different things and wrapped up storylines have been known to resurface later down the line. Basically what happened to Apophis, his storyline was wrapped up when he died but as we saw a little further down the line he was alive and well as Sokars 2nd in command.

My idea is that after much debate SG-1 do infact use the brain washing machine but it works in a different way to expected and has an effect on the actual Ori aswell (if they're still alive). So basically the Ori themselves are brainwashed into thinking differently, that them and the ancients get along and aren't mortal enemies. I know it's a bit out there that the device would work on an ascended being but it's unexpected, a rarity in Stargate, most plots you can easily guess what's going to happen. This would also leave room for them to return one day in a future movie, they somehow remember who they really are.

The end would be the Oddy coming through the supergate, a bomb going off behind them and the supergate being destroyed, better safe than sorry. The very last scene would be as it always should be, the team going through the gate on just another mission.

Platschu
November 20th, 2007, 10:19 AM
- the Doci dies in the battle against the SG-1 and they show the record with the new stargate system or the Ark to every planet in the Ori galaxy, so nobody will believe in the Ori again
- Adria will be a normal woman again, she will lose his powers - she will live near Vala and Tomin
- the Ancients will begin a fight against the Ori on other levels at Celestis, but both of them will die or will make a peace agreement to non-interference for mortals

the fifth man
November 20th, 2007, 06:15 PM

That wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Athosian Death facilitator
November 20th, 2007, 10:42 PM

What do you have in mind?
I thought it would be cool if they told us where the Original Alteran planets and galaxies were.

Then there could be some kind of expedition or some kind of super-duper weapon? However the tech would be very-very-very-very-old and would have some fault. As the Alteran society predates the Ancients by several million years , if not more.

garhkal
November 21st, 2007, 01:49 PM
What do you have in mind?
I thought it would be cool if they told us where the Original Alteran planets and galaxies were.

Then there could be some kind of expedition or some kind of super-duper weapon? However the tech would be very-very-very-very-old and would have some fault. As the Alteran society predates the Ancients by several million years , if not more.

I would like that 'hook' to be some information regarding the 9th cheveron, and other galaxies the Lanteans ceeded with life like they did here..

Col. Shadow Quinn
November 21st, 2007, 02:33 PM
-The Odyssey heads to Earth for repair after losing both of its fighter bays. A few seconds later the supergate activates and the NX-01 appears only to accidentally reverse back into the wormhole where it gets destroyed.

the fifth man
November 21st, 2007, 05:35 PM
I would like that 'hook' to be some information regarding the 9th cheveron, and other galaxies the Lanteans ceeded with life like they did here..

That would definitely work for me.:) Like a lot of others, I've always been intrigued by the mystery of the 9th chevron.

Fenrir Foxz
November 21st, 2007, 07:31 PM
We defeat Adria, unconvert the Oir Armys, set up colonies in the Ori Galaxy, get their tech, and Morgan LeFay and Merlin show up, thank us, all the ancients show up, thank us,

one problem there.. Merlin is now dead, his body died in Quest part 2, and after Daniel converted back from being a prior... Merlin's conciousness also left Daniel..

kirmit
November 22nd, 2007, 05:25 AM
one problem there.. Merlin is now dead, his body died in Quest part 2, and after Daniel converted back from being a prior... Merlin's conciousness also left Daniel..

In the AoT promo pics thread there's a picture of Merlin, so he's in the movie somehow

jenks
November 22nd, 2007, 08:47 AM
Probably another hologram...

scififreak23
November 22nd, 2007, 09:39 AM
it will probably be daniel vs.Adria in the end

daniel will become and ancient after his battle with adria.

he'll remember his time as an ascended being.

BubblingOverWithIdeas
November 22nd, 2007, 10:29 AM
Daniel can't ascend in any permanent way in this movie, because he's still a team member in Continuum.
The Alterans are presumably from the same galaxy that the Ori followers live in now, but it's not out of the question for them to have seeded many other galaxies before and during their stay in the Milky Way.

wise one
November 22nd, 2007, 12:46 PM
im guessing the oddessy is destroyed since theres no mention of it in season 4 of atlantis...

kirmit
November 22nd, 2007, 01:17 PM
im guessing the oddessy is destroyed since theres no mention of it in season 4 of atlantis...

I think the reason it hasn't been mentioned is that TPTB want it kept a secret rather than giving away a major spoiler (if it survives or not) they simply don't mention it.

jenks
November 22nd, 2007, 01:27 PM

But why would there be?

the fifth man
November 22nd, 2007, 04:36 PM
But why would there be?

That, and the season isn't over yet. Until there is actual evidence, I'm not going to assume that the Odyssey has been lost now as well.

Col. Shadow Quinn
November 22nd, 2007, 07:47 PM
-The Odyssey heads to Earth for repair after losing both of its fighter bays. A few seconds later the supergate activates and the NX-01 appears only to accidentally reverse back into the wormhole where it gets destroyed.

This is the one true ending

jonos101
December 3rd, 2007, 04:29 AM
what is the nx-01 also if the oddy gets destroyed im gonna kill the writers

Jumper_One
December 3rd, 2007, 06:13 AM
what is the nx-01 also if the oddy gets destroyed im gonna kill the writers

in the ST universe the NX-01 is the first Earth Starship that can reach warp 5 (see ST:ENT)

Fenrir Foxz
December 3rd, 2007, 09:22 AM
I think the reason it hasn't been mentioned is that TPTB want it kept a secret rather than giving away a major spoiler (if it survives or not) they simply don't mention it.

Yeah, it would knock the films if they gave too much away...

jonos101
December 4th, 2007, 08:05 PM
in the ST universe the NX-01 is the first Earth Starship that can reach warp 5 (see ST:ENT)

thanks

jonos101
December 4th, 2007, 08:08 PM
But why would there be?

because the ori and the gould are destroyed in the movies so if the oddy was still around they would send it to pegusus to fight the wraith

jenks
December 5th, 2007, 03:34 AM
because the ori and the gould are destroyed in the movies so if the oddy was still around they would send it to pegusus to fight the wraith

I doubt it, they wouldn't risk losing the Asgard legacy.

talyn2k1
December 5th, 2007, 04:08 AM
I doubt it, they wouldn't risk losing the Asgard legacy.

Exactly.
If you're given something containing the immense power and knowledge that Odyssey now does would you:
1. Send it to another galaxy where it could very well get blown to pieces.
2. Keep it out of harms way and take it apart to understand how it works and how to duplicate that technology.

And don't forget that there are still some minor Goa'uld out there, Ba'al is just the last of the System Lords to be toppled from power. Also the LA are still around so there is always the chance that someone will have the balls to have a go at Earth, in which case you'd want the Odyssey nearby.
We also don't know if all of the Ori ships in the MW are destroyed/turned in the movie so they could still be floating around the galaxy, necessitating that the Odyssey stays in the MW to take care of them and protect Earth.

DeeKayP
December 5th, 2007, 06:22 AM
Exactly.
If you're given something containing the immense power and knowledge that Odyssey now does would you:
1. Send it to another galaxy where it could very well get blown to pieces.
2. Keep it out of harms way and take it apart to understand how it works and how to duplicate that technology.

And don't forget that there are still some minor Goa'uld out there, Ba'al is just the last of the System Lords to be toppled from power. Also the LA are still around so there is always the chance that someone will have the balls to have a go at Earth, in which case you'd want the Odyssey nearby.
We also don't know if all of the Ori ships in the MW are destroyed/turned in the movie so they could still be floating around the galaxy, necessitating that the Odyssey stays in the MW to take care of them and protect Earth.

The spoiler summary of the movie says that they take the Odyssey to the Ori galaxy, so I think that they've already moved the Legacy off of it (hopefully, very quickly). Like you say, why risk it? And according to Cooper, someone on Earth misuses the Legacy to result in a near galactic-wide disaster. I'd venture to speculate that it has been removed and taken to Area 51 or the like for study.

We don't know what becomes of the Odyssey at the end of the movie, as far as I know. It hasn't been mentioned in Atlantis S4 to-date, I think. That might just be the writers' way of keeping the movie's outcome a secret, though.

thekillman
December 5th, 2007, 08:51 AM
realisticly, ori followers are convinced they shouldnt kill, keep their ori religion, dial the supergate for sg1, promise them to destroy the gates.

several weeks later a report comes in about a strange energy signature on the supergate, wich is similar to anubis' superweapon, and then the gate deactivates, the segments break loose and go into the black hole.

[anubis' gate destroyer]

Aerilon
December 5th, 2007, 12:10 PM
-The Odyssey heads to Earth for repair after losing both of its fighter bays. A few seconds later the supergate activates and the NX-01 appears only to accidentally reverse back into the wormhole where it gets destroyed.:lol: Sounds Good ;)

In the AoT promo pics thread there's a picture of Merlin, so he's in the movie somehow No, he isn't. Read elsewhere, it is Morgan Le'Fay disguised as Merlin. :)

daniel will become and ancient after his battle with adria.I doubt Daniel will ascend. If I am not mistaken, he is cast for Stargate: Universe, is he not?

Daniel can't ascend in any permanent way in this movie, because he's still a team member in Continuum.
The Alterans are presumably from the same galaxy that the Ori followers live in now, but it's not out of the question for them to have seeded many other galaxies before and during their stay in the Milky Way.This is true, but the 2nd movie, is in an alternate timeline...

im guessing the oddessy is destroyed since theres no mention of it in season 4 of atlantis...They needn't mention the Oddessy, there is no reason for them to do so..

wise one
December 5th, 2007, 02:19 PM
i said i was guessing

Corpze
December 6th, 2007, 03:29 AM
Cool ending for "The Ark of Truth" would be a big battle in the end, and the Ancients would help 'em out to defeat the Ori. And seeing the Asgards one more time would be very nice. They could actually show all races of the "Five Race Alliance" thing. It would be cool to see the Furlings at last. And all those five races together in the end would make a nice impact and it would be cool ending.

Now that I think of it... It would be cool to actually see them all battling together against the Ori, but that's too much to hope. But then again, in the world of science fiction, everything is possible. And the production team could want to make the ending look mighty and glorious. And that, IMO, would make a damn great ending for a damn great series.

umopapisdn
December 6th, 2007, 07:22 AM
They could be studying the oddy, maybe it would take a while to figure out what the asgard have done and also to remove the computer core. It might not have been destroyed in the Ark of Truth, just so badly damaged it's better to build a new ship. If this is the case they wouldn't mention it in SGA season 4.

Jumper_One
December 6th, 2007, 08:16 AM
They could be studying the oddy, maybe it would take a while to figure out what the asgard have done and also to remove the computer core. It might not have been destroyed in the Ark of Truth, just so badly damaged it's better to build a new ship. If this is the case they wouldn't mention it in SGA season 4.

they're definitely studying it to be able to reverse engineer the Asgard stuff, of course that takes time. however I wouldn't be so sure about it not being mentioned in s4 of Atlantis let's wait for TMC and especially BAMSR ;)

umopapisdn
December 6th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Come to think of it we haven't seen any asgard tech in S4. I would have though they would have added something by now. Unless the Oddy was destroyed along with the Asgard database, we'll just have to wait and see.

Jumper_One
December 6th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Come to think of it we haven't seen any asgard tech in S4. I would have though they would have added something by now. Unless the Oddy was destroyed along with the Asgard database, we'll just have to wait and see.

I think the reason why we haven't seen much of the Asgard legacy in the current season is because s4 takes place after the movies. to introduce any new tech may be a major spoiler for AoT or Continuum

talyn2k1
December 15th, 2007, 09:18 AM
I think the reason why we haven't seen much of the Asgard legacy in the current season is because s4 takes place after the movies. to introduce any new tech may be a major spoiler for AoT or Continuum

There's also the little matter of developing and building technology based on the Asgard Legacy. It won't be an instant thing, despite what the majority of fans seem to believe.

kymeric
December 15th, 2007, 09:26 AM
I would personally set it to 'all origin followers kill yourselves' but then i like total victories.

Gate-builder
December 17th, 2007, 12:53 AM
I reckon we will see quite a bit of the others, hopefully some of them jump in and help fight. In Unending it was said that the Asgard were unable to ascend because they had messed around with their bodies so much through cloning that it wasn't possible, so it doesnt look like they will be in the movie. I doubt that the Furlings will turn up either.

talyn2k1
December 17th, 2007, 03:53 AM
I reckon we will see quite a bit of the others, hopefully some of them jump in and help fight. In Unending it was said that the Asgard were unable to ascend because they had messed around with their bodies so much through cloning that it wasn't possible, so it doesnt look like they will be in the movie. I doubt that the Furlings will turn up either.

After the big bang (pardon the pun) that the Asgard went out with, I don't want to see them again. It would just seem like a cop out and their 'suicide' will just look like a cheap way to give us tech. Bringing the Asgard back in any way, shape, or form would lessen the significance of their actions and their gift to us.

And the Furlings have just been built up so much over the years that fans' expectations have grown to the point where PTB would not be able to meet them, and I think they know that and as such are just trying to forget the name Furlings.

imho. :)

GateMan2000
December 17th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Why can't people just let the idea of the Furlings go. They aren't going to ever show up. TPTB said so themselves!!!