New Athos and Ascension??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Athos and Ascension??

Anyone else think that the Athosians ascended on New Athos?

my speculation was fueled further when someone quipped in Seer that the New Athosians simply "vanished into thin air"....

Reminds me of the people of Abydos ascending in SG-1 right before Anubis wiped out the planet...

my hope, is that whatever happened on New Athos becomes a focal point of SGA for the rest of this season... and that the planet itself holds some significance to the Ancients, and thus Atlantis itself...

it would make things interesting on SGA again... though they are starting to pick up a little with the Wrait-Replicator-Atlantis menage a war
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

I don't think that the Athosians have ascended for several reasons, the first one is that after what happened to Chaya, Oma, Orlin, Morgan, I don't think that another Ascended Being would help a Lower being ascend especially if there is a big groupe of people. OK Oma did so in Full Circle but that is Oma... and she made it in order to repair her fault (the help she gave to Anubis to ascend), because the Abydonians were slaughtered by Anubis.

and in The Seer, Davos told Teyla that they were ALIVE but shrouded in darkness and the Anubis or Ori thing aside, the Ascension is about to be in a form of pure enery (the shining thing ^^) so not the dark one... Anubis was a dark Ascended but he was evil contrary to the Athosians...

Have I made myself clear about my thoughts ?

But finally, that's Stargate, everything's possible
    sigpic
    ___________Stargate SG-1____________________Stargate Atlantis____________________Stargate Universe
    ________07.27.97 ~ 06.22.07________________07.16.04 ~ 01.09.09__________________10.02.09 ~ 05.09.11

Comment

I can't see it happening to be honest, who would ascend them?

Comment

nope I don't think so

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
        my speculation was fueled further when someone quipped in Seer that the New Athosians simply "vanished into thin air"....
        Spoiler:
        Davos told Teyla: 'I can tell you only this: they are still alive, but they are shrouded in darkness.'

why would they be shrouded in darkness if they had ascended?
        Last edited by Jumper_One; 20 November 2007, 03:06 PM.
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

yeah, i should have paid more attention to the episode, but then it bored me so...

hmm, in darkness eh? maybe they descended? lol
          or maybe SGA pulled an SG1 and had one of the wriath pull Anubis and learn how to ascend, and then had the wraith help the athosians ascend...

jk

Comment

yeah, i should have paid more attention to the episode, but then it bored me so...

hmm, in darkness eh? maybe they descended? lol
            or maybe SGA pulled an SG1 and had one of the wriath pull Anubis and learn how to ascend, and then had the wraith help the athosians ascend...

jk

of course, we do not know what happened to Daniel Jackson after Ark of Truth and Continuum yet... he could have ascended at some point and come to pegasus to help people ascend... u never know

Comment

most likely they been culled since there was a wraith worshipper wanting to know more about atlantis and the athosians having little knowledge of its existence

that maybe explains why they had to get all weapons to defend themselves but all got culled
              sigpic

Comment

Shrouded in darkness... can't help but think back to Hide and Seek from season 1.
                Just a Thought
                Do you want to know the secrets of time travel? ... Ha ha thats what I thought ... whaddafslkfjclfdsarrr Do you want to know the secrets of time travel? (Quote from an Arbiter)

Comment

Originally posted by This board's description
                  Missing
                  #407. Talk about this episode here! Please keep discussion to this episode ONLY, and no spoilers beyond it.
                  Could you guys at least have used spoiler tags before talking about The Seer?

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                    Could you guys at least have used spoiler tags before talking about The Seer?
                    I think this thread was originally in 'The Seer' section
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                      I think this thread was originally in 'The Seer' section
                      indeed it was

next thing we're going to need spoiler tags for threads that people haven't purchased on DVD yet...

Comment

Working...
                      X