This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets get the drop on them #spoilers unending#

Ok so i was sat there last night drunk as a skunk and i was thinking heavily about stargate.. ofcourse
    I began to think about the upgrades from unending and started to see a way of us destroying the ori ships!

First we find out where there is/are 1/a few ori ships and we jump in, but just before activate the upgrades, we fire on the ships, destroy as many as we can before our shields begin to fail, jump out deactivate the upgrades with AT future sams programme so they can't track us. Repair and start all over again

With a zpm and the asgard power core it would be a walk in the park, i mean the ori only have about what 7 ships left in the mw as of undending?

thoughts?

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
    Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
    SG1 -

That could work, but eventually the Asgard Core & ZPM, constantly used will deplete, and I think the Ori will not stand and do nothing while we destroy their ships, they'd just send more.
    I think the better use of those techs now are on Earth trying to understand/duplicate them, and then do more ships with weapons able to destroy an Ori warship.

Comment

Originally posted by Cree View Post
      Ok so i was sat there last night drunk as a skunk and i was thinking heavily about stargate.. ofcourse
      I began to think about the upgrades from unending and started to see a way of us destroying the ori ships!

First we find out where there is/are 1/a few ori ships and we jump in, but just before activate the upgrades, we fire on the ships, destroy as many as we can before our shields begin to fail, jump out deactivate the upgrades with AT future sams programme so they can't track us. Repair and start all over again

With a zpm and the asgard power core it would be a walk in the park, i mean the ori only have about what 7 ships left in the mw as of undending?

thoughts?
      Even with the Asgard upgrades the Oddy can only go up against 1 ship and survive, with 2 it struggles and as seen in unending eventually had to turn tail otherwise would'v been destroyed. So basically the only way your plan will work is if the Ori ships are travelling on their own, which is possible but it seems since 'The shroud' they've been travelling in pairs.

Comment

It will work a couple of times.

After that, the Ori will catch on. And the Ori fleet is ready to take the MW. The Ori must have at least 20+ ships ready to go. Since they have Priors to help out, who knows they may have 100 ships.

The Odyssey beat 1 ship, but against 2 ships it had trouble. It makes sense, this doubles the firepower, and the Ori ships can fire rapdily with their main weapon. Rate of fire is probably 1 shot per second.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
          It will work a couple of times.

After that, the Ori will catch on. And the Ori fleet is ready to take the MW. The Ori must have at least 20+ ships ready to go. Since they have Priors to help out, who knows they may have 100 ships.

The Odyssey beat 1 ship, but against 2 ships it had trouble. It makes sense, this doubles the firepower, and the Ori ships can fire rapdily with their main weapon. Rate of fire is probably 1 shot per second.
          I think the number of Ori ships depends on the number of priors, they could have several hundred built by now but not several hundred priors available.

Comment

We don't know how many prior there is in the Ori GALAXY (eh, a galaxy is pretty big )

Comment

Originally posted by Alendra View Post
              We don't know how many prior there is in the Ori GALAXY (eh, a galaxy is pretty big )
              The number of priors would have to be pretty damn high. You need one prior per ship but you also need priors kept in the Ori home galaxy to keep things in order and oversee the build of more ships and training of more warriors. They also need to be careful who they make a prior, from the sounds of it, it's a long process to become one. If you jump the gun and just start making priors by the dozen you could get a Gerak situation, they'd have to know their followers are 100% devout before changing them.

Comment

Well, in the Ori galaxy, people are educated and fear the Ori since their birth, Gerak was already pretty old (some hundred years), and already had seen false gods with the Goa'ulds, that's a different thing.
                Still, you're right, they won't make priors by dozens, but I think they have some hundreds of them, and they can no doubt spare some since in their galaxy, the Ori themselves could act if there was some kind of rebellion.
                But we can't really put a number, but if there is at least 1 prior/inhabited planet ... that makes an awful lots of priors.

Comment

I don't think there were that many when we first showed up in their galaxy, one prior could visit several planets with the help of a stargate but the guy in 'Avalon' did say his friend was being trained to be a prior in the city of celestis. I think they may have stepped up the numbers being trained in order to fly their ships, I'm pretty sure the ships are over the hundred mark now, by Vala's estimation and it is a year later now, they're just biding their time before a full scale attack. However if they did get these kind of numbers in our galaxy that would be the end imo, I don't see SG-1 overcoming those kind of forces. They have packs of 2 travelling with only 7 ships in the galaxy, think of the packs they'd travel in with 100 ships here, no way could the oddy overcome those, anyway I'm rambling on a bit .

Comment

the best way is cloak and hit them when their shields are offline and then jump back into hyperspace

and the ori have more ships than in the MW as adria said the ori have taken over 6 more galaxies

or create a weapon that emits a huge waves of waves of anti prior frequencys that jams the priors and start shooting at them
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                      and the ori have more ships than in the MW as adria said the ori have taken over 6 more galaxies
                      When did she said that ?
                      As for some large scale anti-prior device, I think having it going on for a few miles will require some power, plus there is no guarantee that the wave will not be blocked by the shields of the ennemy ship.

Edit : I just remembered that the anti-prior device was a thing that generated ultra-SOUND that prevents evolved people from using the areas of their brain that activates their powers, so it's ultra sound, space = no sound.

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                        the best way is cloak and hit them when their shields are offline and then jump back into hyperspace

or create a weapon that emits a huge waves of waves of anti prior frequencys that jams the priors and start shooting at them
                        When did she say they'd taken over 6 other galaxies?

Dammit Alendra, you beat me to it again .

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                          Dammit Alendra, you beat me to it again .
                          Hehe, lucky me

Comment

Originally posted by Alendra View Post
                            s ultra sound, space = no sound.
                            oh dear!

Comment

The simplest thing is to send the Odyssey to blow up the Supergate.

We send in an advanced scout, like a Cargo Ship, to determine the numbers and positioning of Ori ships near the gate.
                              Transmit that to the Odyssey then they can jump in somewhere the Ori can't target them immediately, target and destroy the SuperGate with the Asgard Beam Weapons, then leg it.
                              As far as we know the Ori don't have any spare parts for the Supergate immediately available, so destroying just one or two pieces could be enough to render the gate inoperable.
                              Failing that, come back and beam a few Mark 9s straight into the middle of the gate.

We all know why no action has been taken to destroy the Supergate - it'd bugger up AoT.

But once the Supergate has been destroyed, you don't need to worry about immediate reinforcements so you proceed with the Divide and Conquer tactics previously suggested in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X