This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third SG-1 Movie Pitched to MGM

An idea for a third Stargate SG-1 movie has been pitched to MGM by Brad Wright. However, because of the writers strike, he is unable to proceed. Both he and RCC are affected by the strike. This means, the script will have to wait until the strike has ended, or be written by another writer. I guess it depends on how soon MGM want the third film to start!

Link To Story

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
    An idea for a third Stargate SG-1 movie has been pitched to MGM by Brad Wright. However, because of the writers strike, he is unable to proceed. Both he and RCC are affected by the strike. This means, the script will have to wait until the strike has ended, or be written by another writer. I guess it depends on how soon MGM want the third film to start!

Link To Story
    Awesome. I'm guessing they'll want it to start (filming wise) when the S5 of Atlantis is filming...plenty of time for the strike to be resolved and it to be written

I'm just glad SG1 will continue

Comment

Agreed, it is, overall, good news I wonder if this WILL lead into Universe? I know there has been some speculation... but Universe has just been pitched to SciFi, obviously it would have been pitched to MGM ages ago, so wouldn't they have pitched the movie that would lead into it first? Ah well. As long as it's good! I wonder if it will introduce an entirely new villain? The first is about the Ori, the second about the Gould... I don't see the third being about either of them.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
        Agreed, it is, overall, good news I wonder if this WILL lead into Universe? I know there has been some speculation... but Universe has just been pitched to SciFi, obviously it would have been pitched to MGM ages ago, so wouldn't they have pitched the movie that would lead into it first? Ah well. As long as it's good! I wonder if it will introduce an entirely new villain? The first is about the Ori, the second about the Gould... I don't see the third being about either of them.
        If there is a third movie it likely won't be released until 2009, Universe is scheduled before that, I think.

Comment

Wow a third movie already? It's the best news ever. I always thought they will wait until the first 2 movies get released and then they will make plans for sequels. Cheers for the third movie. Wonder what the story will be about.
          Can't wait for more news about this movie.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by runnerX View Post
            Wow a third movie already? It's the best news ever. I always thought they will wait until the first 2 movies get released and then they will make plans for sequels. Cheers for the third movie. Wonder what the story will be about.
            Can't wait for more news about this movie.
            Well production wise, to get it done they'd have to film it the same time of year they filmed the ones lastr year. It wasn't their fault Ark of Truth & Continuum were delayed

Comment

There were rumors about a third film, but it seems it will be a reality soon. I hope this strike will end quickly and they can begin the work at March.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

In order for Universe to begin filming in March to premiere next year, they'd be going crazy building sets and writing scripts and casting right now (as they were with Atlantis in November 2003 to February 2004).

General speculation is that the writer's strike will need to go at least 6-8 months to have its desired impact on the networks' bottom lines. So Universe won't go into production in March, and almost certainly won't be premiering before 2009.
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Yes, I know, but I've spoken about the third movie, not the third series. They should make SG:U only for a 2009 premiere, so they have enough time to write really creative stories and choose the best actors.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

i wonder where screenwriters ought to inquire about a job?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                      In order for Universe to begin filming in March to premiere next year, they'd be going crazy building sets and writing scripts and casting right now (as they were with Atlantis in November 2003 to February 2004).

General speculation is that the writer's strike will need to go at least 6-8 months to have its desired impact on the networks' bottom lines. So Universe won't go into production in March, and almost certainly won't be premiering before 2009.
                      Hopefully the strike will be over soon. I agree also for a 09 premiere for SGU. They need to do it right and take their time.

Comment

This pleases me.

Comment

I want SGU done in the time they need to do it. No rushing. I like Atlantis being the only one in production. Can tell they're not as strained as before.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

good news. thanx for the link SGFerrit
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I think Atlantis will go up to Season Six then they will probably end it and let SGU take over. I don't think that they'd want to have the same writing conflict between Atlantis and SGU. Unless Atlantis is really really worth spending all the time and conflict with splitting resources between two shows. I say its going to end in 2009.

Comment

Working...
                              X