Return of the MALP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return of the MALP!

I was happy to see the MALP in this episode! There were some other "SG-1isms" that I noticed, such as a guy saying "Unscheduled Offworld Activation!" and "Receiving MALP telemetry"

I'm not saying that these things are unique to SG-1, but I've come to associate them with SG-1 more strongly than with SGA. It's nice to see some SGC procedures come out in Atlantis. I know there are people that hate to see SGA look like SG-1, but it makes sense for expedition members to be trained at the SGC prior to going into the Pegasus galaxy!

Although I am noticing a rise in "SG-1isms" in this season. Not that it's a bad thing. Anyone else notice anything?
    sine sine cosine sine,
    three point one four one five nine!
    Originally posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
    [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
    This is the reality. Accept it.

I like to see the SGA team use more of those zat guns against the wraights and the replicators and other evil critters. I always wonder why the SGA team never bother to bring a few zats with them, even on their maiden voyage to Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_dan View Post
      I like to see the SGA team use more of those zat guns against the wraights and the replicators and other evil critters. I always wonder why the SGA team never bother to bring a few zats with them, even on their maiden voyage to Atlantis.
      It's kind of assumed Zat's aren't effective on Wraiths due to their regenerative qualities, and energy weapons have no effect on replicators.
      they probably have some zats on atlantis but the wraith stunners are more effective and easier to come by.

i miss Zat's too, the look/sound they have is the best.

Comment

Wraith regenerative abilities wouldn't affect zat effect, it's basically an electric (sp ?) discharge, that messes with the nervous system, if Wraith nevrous system is based on electrical impulses, zats will have an effect.
        And if I remember well, the Wraith stunners just "overload" the nerves, I think Beckett explains it when McKay takes a blast in the face (don't remember the ep, season 1).
        I think zats would be a much more effective means of killing a Wraith than a P90. (at least at close range, and there is also no ammo/jamming issues with a zat (remember "The Defiant One" ? think Shep would have loved having a zat back then ^^))

Comment

Didn't sheppard use a Zat gun in the return part one when they were stealing the puddle jumper. I think he used it to stun siler and another guy.

Comment

Yeah he did, he shot the guy that had his ankle injured (seen previously on Shep's SG team).

Comment

Originally posted by Alendra View Post
              Wraith regenerative abilities wouldn't affect zat effect, it's basically an electric (sp ?) discharge, that messes with the nervous system, if Wraith nevrous system is based on electrical impulses, zats will have an effect.
              I think there was one episode where they had to use multiple tasers to bring subdue a wraith, that's why i assume a zat wouldn't necessarily bring a wraith down since they can regen from electrical shocks.

Comment

It was great to see the MALP. "SG-1isms" aren't necessarily a bad thing here and there.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'd like to believe that the use of the malp again is down to carter insisting on it. you know bringin her experiences in the SGC to atlantis.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

since some pegasus gates are in space, i assume they have been using them all along, just not on camera. though, you never see malps floating around outside a space gate. maybe we need a new malp model.

Comment

Personally, I miss FRED.

Comment

that's a point. we haven't even seen FRED in SG-1 for ages.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I'd be more excited for the return of the MALP-On-A-Stick.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
                            I'd be more excited for the return of the MALP-On-A-Stick.

Flying whirring MALP on a stick?
                            sine sine cosine sine,
                            three point one four one five nine!
                            Originally posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
                            [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
                            This is the reality. Accept it.

Comment

I think the MALP is outdated. Can they not find a more compact model by now?

Comment

Working...
                              X