PDA

View Full Version : Best quote in 'The Seer'

andromeda_dan
November 17th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Todd: 'I believe it is customary among your people to shake hands.....hahahaha....just a little Wraight humor'..hahah...*snicker*..hahhuhummm..'

Atlantis_Man
November 17th, 2007, 12:09 PM
That was a piece of genius,
Add character to the Wraith in general knowing they have a black dead-pan sense of humour.

Btw: Who named him Todd?

DeRoest
November 17th, 2007, 12:45 PM
yeah, it showd that the wraith aren't evil - they just enjoy devouring the life out of worlds and civilizations and then laughing about it

jelgate
November 17th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Sheppard:Its not like were dating.

Briangate78
November 17th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Carter(To Sheppard): You know alot about the wraith, especially this once since you've worked with him.

Sheppard: Well, It's not like we are dating or anything.

:lol:

prion
November 17th, 2007, 01:35 PM
That was a piece of genius,
Add character to the Wraith in general knowing they have a black dead-pan sense of humour.

Btw: Who named him Todd?

Joe Mallozzi revealed that spoiler in his latest blog, so congrats, you've been spoiled! However, the name hasn't been divulged on the show as yet.

gater101
November 17th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Rodney: Let me make a prediction... this is going to be a complete waste of time.

Carter1994
November 17th, 2007, 03:33 PM
CARTER: All right. I think I need to meet this Wraith myself.
[She stands and starts to leave the room.)]
CARTER: Mr. Woolsey?
WOOLSEY: Y-you want me to come with you?
CARTER: Well, I'm sure you want your report to the I.O.A. to be as thorough as possible.
WOOLSEY [Nods nervously] : Of- course.
Followed by:

WOOLSEY: I've never met a Wraith face to face before.
CARTER: Oh, well, you're in for a treat.
[They reach the door of the Brig and Sam nods to a marine who activates the code on the wall panel. The door opens and Woolsey gestures to Sam.]
WOOLSEY: Ladies first.
[Smirking, Sam leads him into the room and looks at one of the marines inside.]
CARTER: Open it.
[The forcefield around the cell deactivates and the door slides open.]
WOOLSEY: Don't!

Hee-hee! So funny!

jenks
November 17th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Don't these qoutes need to be in spoiler tags since their from season 4? Just askin'.

No, not in here.

Carter1994
November 17th, 2007, 03:37 PM
No, not in here.
'Kay. Thanks!

PG15
November 17th, 2007, 06:38 PM
I liked this non-funny one:

"The galaxy is at a crossroads. Never before have I sensed that the future of so many worlds can turn on the actions of so few." - Davos

EPIC.

jelgate
November 17th, 2007, 06:42 PM
I loved this quote so much I had to put it in my signature. *Points to signature*. It has a real deep menaing

jenks
November 17th, 2007, 06:52 PM

"The galaxy is at a crossroads. Never before have I sensed that the future of so many worlds can turn on the actions of so few." - Davos

EPIC.

Bit of a rip-off though, I'm pretty sure Winston Churchill said something similar...

Mitchell82
November 17th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Bit of a rip-off though, I'm pretty sure Winston Churchill said something similar...

Similar yes but not a rippoff. My favorite is the one in my sig
"The future is predetermined by the character of those who shape it."
Second favorite
Carter: Shut up Woolsey!

jenks
November 17th, 2007, 07:12 PM
I'd say it was a rip-off, I don't see them coming up with that on their own...

Mitchell82
November 17th, 2007, 07:16 PM
I'd say it was a rip-off, I don't see them coming up with that on their own...

Wow when did you become so anti? We used to agree.

jenks
November 17th, 2007, 07:30 PM
I'm not anti, it just jumped out at me as a bit cheap as soon as he said it...

MIZA
November 17th, 2007, 07:38 PM

EPIC.

iam sorry , but i am haivng trouble with what that quote actually means?, i mean sound cool , but what is he saying ??

MIZA
November 17th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Todd: 'I believe it is customary among your people to shake hands.....hahahaha....just a little Wraight humor'..hahah...*snicker*..hahhuhummm..'

OMG i thought that was like one of the best quotes ever totally caught me off guard , and he is going to be back in the next episode, so wow, anyway i guess he is like that because he had been around the humans so long, so i wonder what is to come

jelgate
November 17th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Its refering to the desctruction that the Asuran/Wraith War has cause to the Pegasus Galaxy humans

Mitchell82
November 17th, 2007, 11:20 PM
iam sorry , but i am haivng trouble with what that quote actually means?, i mean sound cool , but what is he saying ??

Baisically that the fate of the galaxy rests on so few people.

spinspinspin
November 18th, 2007, 12:51 AM

I noticed that too! I believe Winston Churchill said "Never was so much owed by so many to so few", referring to the Royal Air Force and her allies in the defense of Britain from the air strikes of the Luftwaffe in WWII's Battle of Britain.

I didn't think it was cheap though, I thought it was a nice nod to Churchill's inspirational speeches.

kurya
November 18th, 2007, 11:56 AM
the whole weight of the galaxy/world/civilization resting in the hands of a few is a staple of science fiction.... rip off of Winston Churchhill would be a bit extreme, one can say inspired, but I am sure you could find numerous literary references to that sort of notions before Churchhill.

One prime example of that notion would be Dune.. where you have Paul Muadib Atriedes, the Kwitsaz Harderach and the Madhi at the nexus of a huge change and shift in power in the galaxy in that novel.

And actually one can say that Atlantis has been a huge force with positive and negative consequences going back to the pilot where Sheppard inadvertently awoke all of the Wraith at the same time prematurely.

Prakash

atfan
November 18th, 2007, 01:40 PM

Okay I'll try and explain what it meant to me at least...

For one the galaxy means the Pegasus galaxy
the crossroads I assume to mean the decision to side with the Wraith and help un-code the replicators which will be putting Atlantis in danger again from the replicators. But will save the reamaining Humans from the replicators but not the Wraith...

The choice to side with the Wraith will mean they will once again become strong and feed on the humans in the Pegasus galaxy...

The replicators although they will no longer target the humans will still be a threat to the galaxy so many possibilities...

Amalthea
November 18th, 2007, 07:45 PM

The only way that line gets better is if Carter motions to/tells Woolsey to shake Todd's hand as the ranking IOA member. LOL

wise one
November 19th, 2007, 12:17 PM
i think it goes something like this:

'Todd':this will go alot faster if my hands wasnt tied(wraith bending down showing mckay what he means..and then mckays reaction) lo0l

Mitchell82
November 19th, 2007, 04:46 PM
I noticed that too! I believe Winston Churchill said "Never was so much owed by so many to so few", referring to the Royal Air Force and her allies in the defense of Britain from the air strikes of the Luftwaffe in WWII's Battle of Britain.

I didn't think it was cheap though, I thought it was a nice nod to Churchill's inspirational speeches.

Agreed.

WingedPegasus
November 19th, 2007, 06:50 PM

Well, I think the quotes are fairly different. It was a good line.

jelgate
November 19th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Well, I think the quotes are fairly different. It was a good line.
This is one of those rare times that I disagree with you. They both mean that a lot of people(Pegasus Galaxy/England) are depending on a small group of people (RAF/Atlantis).

Mitchell82
November 20th, 2007, 01:43 PM
This is one of those rare times that I disagree with you. They both mean that a lot of people(Pegasus Galaxy/England) are depending on a small group of people (RAF/Atlantis).

True but I still like the line.

Rodneys Gun Tutor
November 23rd, 2007, 11:45 AM
Ronon: That's it, that's the super-weapon?

Mckay: Well what were you expecting?

Ronon: Big gun. Something that goes boom :ronananime01:

garhkal
November 23rd, 2007, 03:46 PM
That 'quote' made me think of Jack Oneil from season 1-4 of SG1..

rosiekg
November 26th, 2007, 08:22 AM
The Future is predetermined by the character of those who shape it.

Sam sounded like she was quoting this, not actually coming up with it herself. Any idea where it may have come from?

rosiekg

jenks
November 26th, 2007, 12:06 PM
The seer said it.

andromeda_dan
November 26th, 2007, 12:25 PM
The Future is predetermined by the character of those who shape it.

Sam sounded like she was quoting this, not actually coming up with it herself. Any idea where it may have come from?

rosiekg

this maybe an original. I can't recall any other scifi shows that has precognition scenes/ episodes that mention quotes in similar lines as what Davos had said.

wise one
November 27th, 2007, 08:08 AM
:mckay: a ship on its own in a supposely lifeless planet would raise a few eye brows, well that if you actaully have eyebrows

(something like that)

Rodneys Gun Tutor
November 27th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Mckay: He's holding out on us! Part of the virus is missing. I mean sure they're minor sub-routines, nothing that will be greatly affected by the changes I made to the replicator basecode but still, necessary to make it work. Look I probably wouldn't have even noticed it except, well, you know, I'm really good :mckayanime18:

It's the way he says it.

Arga
February 1st, 2008, 02:43 PM
I liked this part from Woolsey:

KELLER: Well, from what I can tell, he seems to be suffering from a kind of lymphatic cancer. There's not a lot I can do for him here.
WOOLSEY: Have you detected any physical anomalies that might be related to his visions?
(Sam looks at him questioningly. He holds up a hand apologetically.)
WOOLSEY: Sorry. Force of habit.

I thought it was a wink at Star Trek Voyager, where "Woolsey" (Robert Picardo) plays the Doctor! ;)

And near the end, another Star Trek reference, by Col. Carter this time:

CARTER: Shut up, Woolsey.

like Captain Picard saying "Shut up, Wesley" LOL

jasminaGo
February 14th, 2008, 11:58 AM
1. CARTER: Shut up, Woolsey.

2. WOOLSEY: I just have one last question. How did you know the two Wraith ships would fire on each other?

CARTER: I didn't. You gonna put that in your report?

3. WOOLSEY: I have no intention of getting involved in the day-to-day operations of the base.

CARTER: Really?(!) Huh! That's refreshing!

4. McKAY: Allow me to make a prediction. This will be a complete waste of time.

5. CARTER: Rodney, can you guarantee that you could finish the job without the Wraith's help?

McKAY (smiling confidently): If I have the original virus, not a problem.

CARTER: Can you guarantee it?

McKAY (chuckling): Well, I mean ... (He shifts uncomfortably in his chair and his smile fades.) No.

And last but not least 6. WRAITH: I believe among your people it is customary to shake hands.

naamiaiset
July 15th, 2008, 12:58 PM
:indeed:

had todd said that to woolsey instead of sam, he probably would've fainted. :lol: