PDA

View Full Version : Feeding wraith guests???

Lythisrose
November 17th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Any ideas on how they will keep the wraith fed during his stay in Atlantis?
Perhaps a stray Bola Kai, or maybe Lucius?????:wraithanime11:

jelgate
November 17th, 2007, 08:55 AM
We can give him human look-a-like. It be like tofu, looks like food but sure doesn't taste like it

Platschu
November 17th, 2007, 09:01 AM
They should give him Genii soldiers, but I believe he is at maximum, because he could feed in the last months. ;)

He can be useful as a "humanoid sarcophagus". He can heal any member from the expedition, so I hope he will be a recurring member as Zelenka. :cool:

female Wraith
November 17th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Well, I hope for Lucius. He will be tasty:) If one jerk like Lucius is not enough...we have Bola Kai. Nobody will miss them. Then there are comes the Genii...I really despise them. The Pegasus Galaxy is full with unfriendly to the expedition idiots....let's clean them.:D:mckayanime08::wraithanime11:

mattmey
November 17th, 2007, 09:49 AM
arnt the genii meant to be our allies now? wasnt the leader replaced after a coup and they helped us out? iif im wrong fine but when kellar found that bloke in the last episode and he said he was genii they looked like they hated him.

WingedPegasus
November 17th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Lucius first, then Kavanaugh.

rarocks24
November 17th, 2007, 10:23 AM

As much as I dislike Kavanagh, he doesn't deserve to be fed upon. He hasn't kidnapped, try to destroy Atlantis, blow up a solar system, poison food, put the expedition in danger countless times, or anything of the sort. So we should feed a harmless jerk to a Wraith?

SaberBlade
November 17th, 2007, 10:28 AM
arnt the genii meant to be our allies now? wasnt the leader replaced after a coup and they helped us out? iif im wrong fine but when kellar found that bloke in the last episode and he said he was genii they looked like they hated him.

I wouldn't go as far as to call Genii allies, it's more of a fragile friendship with a hint of alliance when one side needs the other.

They also didn't hate him because he was Genii, they hated him because they believed he was a Wraith Worshipper and that he was the one primarily responsible for the Athosians disappearing.

Ghostrider
November 17th, 2007, 10:35 AM
As much as I dislike Kavanagh, he doesn't deserve to be fed upon. He hasn't kidnapped, try to destroy Atlantis, blow up a solar system, poison food, put the expedition in danger countless times, or anything of the sort. So we should feed a harmless jerk to a Wraith?

so we should feed him McKay? All of those fit him except for the kidnapping :mckay:

jenks
November 17th, 2007, 12:31 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he was gone by the next ep to be honest...

DeRoest
November 17th, 2007, 12:54 PM
maybe they should have fed that dead Seer guy to him instead of "respecting his people's traditions and returning his body home for a proper burial" like a bunch of schmucks!

Major_Griff
November 17th, 2007, 01:00 PM
maybe they should have fed that dead Seer guy to him instead of "respecting his people's traditions and returning his body home for a proper burial" like a bunch of schmucks!

If he's dead the wraith can't suck any life out of him.

He can be useful as a "humanoid sarcophagus". He can heal any member from the expedition

I think they need to have fed recently to give the gift of life. Like they take 10 "life points" from Joe and and give 5 to Jane and keep 5 to themselves. Basically I think they need something in the tank to before they can give the gift of life.

DeRoest
November 17th, 2007, 01:03 PM
I think they need to have fed recently to give the gift of life. Like they take 10 "life points" from Joe and and give 5 to Jane and keep 5 to themselves. Basically I think they need something in the tank to before they can give the gift of life.

sort of like how a penguin needs to eat fish before it can barf up some chow for its chicks!

kymeric
November 17th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Wanna know something funny? We know he can feed on other wraith. OMG WRAITH CANNIBAL. Time to get a hunting party to scrounge him up some fewd.

Major_Griff
November 17th, 2007, 03:58 PM
sort of like how a penguin needs to eat fish before it can barf up some chow for its chicks!

yeah like that!

CalmStorm
November 17th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Who really knows how long they can go without food? I would imagine that both they and he never planned on him being a permanent 'guest' and were looking for it to be a short visit. It would also be a good incentive for him to want to accomplish the new virus code in the most speedy manner.

Vala_M
November 17th, 2007, 05:03 PM
I thought we learned in "Instinct" that a Wraith can survive on 3 people a year, if that's true for all Wraith, then I don't see the problem.

Vala,

prion
November 17th, 2007, 05:28 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he was gone by the next ep to be honest...

As in out of sight, out of mind?? Yeah, and whatever happened to the fact that Wraith can get into your head and make you see things?

deg2800
November 17th, 2007, 05:32 PM
They could keep him alive long enough to finish his work, then use the retrovirus to turn him into a human. He said himself that he had lost favor with most other Wraith, so maybe he would welcome a new life.

Lord batchi ball
November 17th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Capture other Wraith to feed the Wraith your interrogating. Most likey capture the stupid faceless ones.

jenks
November 17th, 2007, 06:16 PM
As in out of sight, out of mind?? Yeah, and whatever happened to the fact that Wraith can get into your head and make you see things?

Maybe that's their technology and not actually them...

wkw427
November 17th, 2007, 06:24 PM
They could keep him alive long enough to finish his work, then use the retrovirus to turn him into a human. He said himself that he had lost favor with most other Wraith, so maybe he would welcome a new life.

That seems likely. Make a perminant retrovirus, so one shot maeks them human forever:ronan::ronan::ronan:

PG15
November 17th, 2007, 06:30 PM

Nothing happened. Why would we see that ability in this episode?

And we will see Todd again. We both know this. Next episode doesn't count since they'll spend most of it on Earth

garhkal
November 17th, 2007, 09:18 PM
He can be useful as a "humanoid sarcophagus". He can heal any member from the expedition, so I hope he will be a recurring member as Zelenka. :cool:

Who's to say their life giving power is usable on anyone else that they have not fed from? IMO it only works to give life back to those they have taken it from..

That might be an interesting option if they actually make the offer of it, rather than force it on him.

jds1982
November 17th, 2007, 10:19 PM

Maybe the Wraith stopped doing it to expedition members because that trick no longer worked on them.

lostinspace
November 18th, 2007, 02:12 AM
That might be an interesting option if they actually make the offer of it [the retrovirus], rather than force it on him.

Interesting concept, esp. given how "human" Todd the wraith is, and his past remarks with Sheppard at the similarities between their two kinds. I get the feeling though that there won't be further experiments with the retrovirus after the disaster with Michael and the loss of Carson. As much as I'm growing to like Keller, she's not a geneticist - give her her own consequences to face, and battles to fight.

I was worried they'd just kill him off given both his and Shep's comments in The Seer. Chris Heyerdhal's IMDB profile (http://imdb.com/name/nm0382216/) suggests that he appears in both This Mortal Coil and BAMSR (assuming it's as the same wraith!) so there's hope for some follow up to this. Joe Mallozzi's also said on his blog that the CG/Seer wraith "may become a recurring character" - so Todd won't face Sora's fate this time! Maybe he'll become the first of future Wraith "Tok'ra" or at least a different antagonist for the team, like Michael has been.

As for feeding, I guess he could either be fed "normal food" or just starve until his work with McKay is done and the trials are successful. Check out the wraith biology pointers in the Scifipedia (http://scifipedia.scifi.com/index.php/Wraith_(Stargate)).

Raven6666
November 18th, 2007, 04:53 AM
Who is this Todd and Lucius? Where they introduced this season?

As the previous poster said, the Wraith (lets call him Pete!) probably will be fed normal food, and since he has no hive left (wiki stated both hives go bye-bye), if Pete goes off-world, he'll probably be either killed and interrogated, or both.

I think Pete might escape one day later, hopefully Chuck the Technician won't be fed upon in the process.

lostinspace
November 18th, 2007, 05:08 AM
Who is this Todd and Lucius? Where they introduced this season.

The CG/Seer Wraith is called Todd, unofficially. See Joe Mallozzi's latest blog entry (http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/):

the incorporation of the wraith angle into the story (making this one the best individual wraith episode since Common Ground thanks in no small part to Chris Heyerdahl’s portrayal of the unlikely ally we will come to know as Todd)

Lucius is, well, not the most well liked character in SGA. He appeared in S3 in two episodes: Irresistable and Irresponsible. And hopefully that will be the last we ever see of the guy. Unless of course he becomes Wraith fodder, which I have no problems with ;)

rarocks24
November 18th, 2007, 11:45 AM
I thought we learned in "Instinct" that a Wraith can survive on 3 people a year, if that's true for all Wraith, then I don't see the problem.

Vala,

I believe they said 4. I could be wrong though.

Vala_M
November 18th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Who's to say their life giving power is usable on anyone else that they have not fed from? IMO it only works to give life back to those they have taken it from..

That might be an interesting option if they actually make the offer of it, rather than force it on him.

It is usable to anyone, remeber in "The Hive" it was mentioned that the Wraith keep their worshippers alive and young forever, where would that life energy come from if they aged? It comes from other people as well, like in "Common Ground", Sheppard got the life energy from one or both of those Genii soldiers.

Vala,

garhkal
November 18th, 2007, 03:34 PM
I don't remember that quote from the hive..

Raven6666
November 18th, 2007, 09:13 PM
The CG/Seer Wraith is called Todd, unofficially. See Joe Mallozzi's latest blog entry (http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/):

Lucius is, well, not the most well liked character in SGA. He appeared in S3 in two episodes: Irresistable and Irresponsible. And hopefully that will be the last we ever see of the guy. Unless of course he becomes Wraith fodder, which I have no problems with ;)

Just read Mallozi's blog, i'll refer to him as Todd now.

I just couldn't remember who Lucius was straight off, however, his last name remains a novelty.

November 18th, 2007, 09:37 PM
They could keep him alive long enough to finish his work, then use the retrovirus to turn him into a human.

Can't do that unless we want to confuse Teyla by making the Wraith look like Halling. Come to think of it, it'll also confuse Sam because then he'd also look like Pallan.

wise one
November 19th, 2007, 07:30 AM
gate a cow to atlantis and let him chase the cow and suck the life out of it from the head

Alendra
November 19th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Well since Wraith are sucking "years of" life, a cow wouldn't feed him much, cows don't live that old.

BubblingOverWithIdeas
November 19th, 2007, 08:00 AM
I don't think Todd, or almost any other Wraith, would willingly become a human. They're higher on the food chain and they have abilities we don't. They think of us as lesser creatures.

MIZA
November 19th, 2007, 10:07 AM
any Genii they find, and maybe some rats or rodents they find around the city , that a good question can they animals? i mean animals are derived from humans , so can't they do that

jenks
November 19th, 2007, 10:15 AM
any Genii they find, and maybe some rats or rodents they find around the city , that a good question can they animals? i mean animals are derived from humans , so can't they do that

I seriously doubt they're going to feed their allies to the Wraith...

BubblingOverWithIdeas
November 19th, 2007, 10:18 AM

Animals are derived from humans? Come again?
From what they said in "Poisoning the Well", none of their attempts to feed Steve the Wraith with nonhuman food were successful. We know they can feed on humans, Ancients, and other Wraith, and that's it so far. It would appear they need the lifeforce of sentients.

ciannwn
November 19th, 2007, 10:51 AM
We know they can feed on humans, Ancients, and other Wraith, and that's it so far. It would appear they need the lifeforce of sentients.

Ancients, second generation humans and other Wraith all have one thing in common - human DNA. This could be the crucial factor when it comes to a being's suitability for the Wraith menu. A Goa'uld in it's natural form (wriggly snake thing) is sentient but that doesn't neccessarily mean a Wraith could feed on it even if he/she came across one.

jenks
November 19th, 2007, 11:28 AM
From what they said in "Poisoning the Well", none of their attempts to feed Steve the Wraith with nonhuman food were successful. We know they can feed on humans, Ancients, and other Wraith, and that's it so far. It would appear they need the lifeforce of sentients.

It's biological, they don't feed on 'life force', and I don't think there's any reason to assume the fact that we're sentient has anything to do with it either, more likely they've evolved to a point where they can only feed on a species with DNA similar to their own...

ciannwn
November 19th, 2007, 11:54 AM
It's biological, they don't feed on 'life force',

Terms like 'life force' and 'strength' were fine at the start of the series when Wraith/Iratus bug feeding was described by Pegasus galaxy humans who'd been reduced to living in technologically backward societies. We're now into the 4th season so it's a bit ridiculous that we haven't had a better explanation. After all, Beckett ended up knowing a lot about Wraith after developing that retrovirus.

wise one
November 19th, 2007, 12:14 PM
what happens if a wraith feeds on a giant like the size of a small biulding

it would be like a leech to a human rite??

he could feed on the giant all day??

ciannwn
November 19th, 2007, 01:03 PM
what happens if a wraith feeds on a giant like the size of a small biulding

Are there any giants in the Stargate universe?

Jumper_One
November 19th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Are there any giants in the Stargate universe?

none that I know of

Alendra
November 20th, 2007, 02:42 AM
Quetzalcoatl from "Crystal Skull" ... OK OK, that's misty giants ... but still giants :D

Jumper_One
November 20th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Quetzalcoatl from "Crystal Skull" ... OK OK, that's misty giants ... but still giants :D

right, I forgot about them. though I'd still like to see how a Wraith would actually feed on them

kurya
November 20th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Well Joseph Mallozzi gave a particular cryptic answer(although one could be reading too miuch into it), but on person asked on his blog, how will "Todd" be feed, and he responded with "Good Question". So it could be addressed in future episodes.
They could find some bolo kai, or maybe take some criminals and feed it to the wraith like that situation in an episode in Season 3, when criminals/prisoners were given to the Wraith. Although as usual that would cross a lot of ethical lines, so who knows.

wise one
November 20th, 2007, 11:28 AM
right, I forgot about them. though I'd still like to see how a Wraith would actually feed on them

it would be like like a vacuum cleaner(wraith) to the dust(giant mist aliens)

lol

Amalthea
November 20th, 2007, 12:26 PM
They kept that one wraith (I forget his name) in the basement in season 1 for a pretty long time before they used him in that wraith-vaccine experiment. I don't think this is one of those issues that will come up for a little while yet.

MIZA
November 20th, 2007, 03:16 PM

Fine how about a talking dog then or a parrot or even a dolphin they are intelligent enough and sentient

rarocks24
November 21st, 2007, 05:52 AM
They kept that one wraith (I forget his name) in the basement in season 1 for a pretty long time before they used him in that wraith-vaccine experiment. I don't think this is one of those issues that will come up for a little while yet.

Steve, and it was only a matter of weeks.

Anubis-
November 21st, 2007, 09:19 AM
Kolya was good wraith food, but he is dead. I would be glad if Sam Carter is in the menu.

FallenAngelII
November 22nd, 2007, 09:22 AM
so we should feed him McKay? All of those fit him except for the kidnapping :mckay:
He didn't poison anyone's food or put the expedition in danger, either. He once put himself and John at risk, but that's all.

Anyway, he'll probably be gone (or leave) next episode. I mean, how much more can they get out of this storyline without throwing in a few plot twists? He came, he saw, he helped creating the virus and then they drop him off somewhere. After all, they most probably didn't allow him to see the new address of Atlantis (not that it matters much with the shield in place) and he can't possibly know its location.

So unless he's gonna turn around and betray us is some great plot twist of the Wraith or Asurans are randomly gonna attack next week, forcing us to rely on his help (somehow), there'll be no reason to keep him.

Mick^
November 22nd, 2007, 09:41 AM
FAII He knew that his ship had been destroyed, even without being told by the looks of what happened onscreen that would indicate to me that he's been radioing his friends on the hive with wraith telepathy, who knows the actual gate address probably came up in conversation.

wise one
November 22nd, 2007, 01:53 PM
they would know the coordinates and find the gate address that would match its location

i think baal did it in quest part 1 he went to the coordinates he found yet didnt find the planet because morgan found a way to cloak it to stop ships from firing on it so baal gated there

and the wraith have worked out the stargates

Agent_Dark
November 22nd, 2007, 02:02 PM
cook him up some tasty lamb chops

Lythisrose
November 22nd, 2007, 03:30 PM
Well, I have tons of leftover turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie I can donate!
:o

PG15
November 22nd, 2007, 06:52 PM
Anyway, he'll probably be gone (or leave) next episode.

Don't be so sure.

rarocks24
November 29th, 2007, 05:14 PM
I'm sure there's more than meets the eye when they call in Todd in the next episode. Just so happens that someone gets kidnapped in this episode. So um, maybe Todd is tasked with extracting information to save Mckay....both Mckays. Not to mention the necessity of the situation given that the tech in question is nanite tech.

andromeda_dan
December 2nd, 2007, 08:12 PM
they can alway de-wraithify them and give them new identities.

garhkal
December 3rd, 2007, 03:32 PM
Will that include new historys and pasts??

mickhhh
December 3rd, 2007, 03:37 PM
i dont no if this has been sed already bt they should but a tokra in him get al the info they can and they send him 2 the wraith 2 infiltrate them. he might not need 2 feed if he has a tokra. he might be able 2 eat just like any of us

jenks
December 4th, 2007, 02:00 AM
I don't think the Tok'Ra would go for that, too Goa'uldish.

mickhhh
December 4th, 2007, 10:38 AM
I don't think the Tok'Ra would go for that, too Goa'uldish.

i think they would they tried to stop the ori this way. plus i think they dont take over humans because they r innocent and the wraith r any thing but. even no i just said this i dont think it would happen cos the tokra dont no about atlantis r the wraith.

andromeda_dan
December 4th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Will that include new historys and pasts??

yup, they did it to Michael, they can do it again. This time, make sure the SGA doctor and team properly stuff away the observation videos.

jenks
December 4th, 2007, 12:40 PM
i think they would they tried to stop the ori this way. plus i think they dont take over humans because they r innocent and the wraith r any thing but. even no i just said this i dont think it would happen cos the tokra dont no about atlantis r the wraith.

The Ori were a much bigger threat than the Wraith, and they actually threatened the Tok'ra themselves, but I don't think they'd possess someone unless it was an extreme situation, and I just don't think that they have enough (if anything) to gain from it. They might even see the Wraith as innocent, they have a natural dependency on humans just like the Tok'ra, it's not their fault they have to feed...

mickhhh
December 4th, 2007, 03:47 PM
The Ori were a much bigger threat than the Wraith, and they actually threatened the Tok'ra themselves, but I don't think they'd possess someone unless it was an extreme situation, and I just don't think that they have enough (if anything) to gain from it. They might even see the Wraith as innocent, they have a natural dependency on humans just like the Tok'ra, it's not their fault they have to feed...

the tokra r not like the wraith the wraith take many human lives. which is a lot. on 1 episode a wraith is attacking a village. it take about 3 peaple 4 times a year i think it said. thats 12 a year. thats 120000 over 10000 years which we no a lot of wraith r that old. i dont think the tokra would not agree with that. the tokra would rather die than take a host against there will at least permanently. so they r nothing like the wraith. they hate the goauld 4 wot they are and the wraith r far worse. the wraith could of tried 2 find another way 2 feed. if thats not possible then there not worth the lives they take. the tokra dont possess a single human 4 they own life but i think they would 4 some bigger resson like an endless amount of human lives. they Certainly would not see the Wraith as innocent they take more lives then they need.

jenks
December 4th, 2007, 04:07 PM
the tokra r not like the wraith the wraith take many human lives. which is a lot. on 1 episode a wraith is attacking a village. it take about 3 peaple 4 times a year i think it said. thats 12 a year. thats 120000 over 10000 years which we no a lot of wraith r that old. i dont think the tokra would not agree with that. the tokra would rather die than take a host against there will at least permanently. so they r nothing like the wraith. they hate the goauld 4 wot they are and the wraith r far worse. the wraith could of tried 2 find another way 2 feed. if thats not possible then there not worth the lives they take. the tokra dont possess a single human 4 they own life but i think they would 4 some bigger resson like an endless amount of human lives. they Certainly would not see the Wraith as innocent they take more lives then they need.

That's a bit hypocritical isn't it? Humans kill animals on an industrial scale for food, and we don't even need to, why is it so bad when the Wraith do it just to survive? And what makes you think the Wraith take more than they need to?

mickhhh
December 4th, 2007, 04:23 PM
That's a bit hypocritical isn't it? Humans kill animals on an industrial scale for food, and we don't even need to, why is it so bad when the Wraith do it just to survive? And what makes you think the Wraith take more than they need to?

its not at all wen u think about it. the animals we kill do not have the same awareness as a human does. some thing very similar is argued
in the episode wen the tollan have that goauld prisoner. it was saidbetter on that but its the same thing. plus if the humans in pegasus got a change they could become equal 2 the wraith. the wraith r not Superior 2 humans. the humans simply need a chance 2 develop. i cant c a cow doing that any time soon can you.

jenks
December 4th, 2007, 05:57 PM
its not at all wen u think about it. the animals we kill do not have the same awareness as a human does. some thing very similar is argued
in the episode wen the tollan have that goauld prisoner. it was saidbetter on that but its the same thing. plus if the humans in pegasus got a change they could become equal 2 the wraith. the wraith r not Superior 2 humans. the humans simply need a chance 2 develop. i cant c a cow doing that any time soon can you.

What difference does any of that even make? As a species they have to feed on humans to survive, and there's nothing immoral about them doing that.

mickhhh
December 5th, 2007, 11:09 AM
What difference does any of that even make? As a species they have to feed on humans to survive, and there's nothing immoral about them doing that.

we could argue about it been immoral r not 4 ever but imo the tokra would side with the humans in this situation. siding with the humans is the lesser of 2 evils cos the wraith will kill more humans in one year then there even is of then selves. standing by and watching the wraith do this wen they can help the humans is just as evil in a way. plus the tokra does not have to take the life of the wraith it could let it go after we hav the info we need. a tokra takes O neil 2 get his girl friend back and this is fare more important.

jenks
December 5th, 2007, 01:49 PM
we could argue about it been immoral r not 4 ever but imo the tokra would side with the humans in this situation. siding with the humans is the lesser of 2 evils cos the wraith will kill more humans in one year then there even is of then selves.

It's not a case of taking sides, the situation has nothing to do with them.

standing by and watching the wraith do this wen they can help the humans is just as evil in a way.

Not really.

plus the tokra does not have to take the life of the wraith it could let it go after we hav the info we need.

Why would the Tok'ra risk the life of one of their own, and act contrary to one of their most fundamental beliefs just to get us some information?

a tokra takes O neil 2 get his girl friend back and this is fare more important.

That's because it had blended with O'neill, and been confronted with all his values, like 'never leave people behind', it wouldn't have done it otherwise.

mickhhh
December 5th, 2007, 03:01 PM
It's not a case of taking sides, the situation has nothing to do with them.

Not really.

Why would the Tok'ra risk the life of one of their own, and act contrary to one of their most fundamental beliefs just to get us some information?

That's because it had blended with O'neill, and been confronted with all his values, like 'never leave people behind', it wouldn't have done it otherwise.

it does not need 2 hav any think 2 do with thm at the start cos earth is an allies of the tokra. allies help each other you no. not 2 bring it up again bt its the right thing 2 do aswell and the tokra r a good race thats why they hate the goauld.

yes really. u must have heard people say if u c some 1 getin bullied your jst as bad a the bully if u dont tell on them. maybe the tokra dont tell on them bt they can do some thing about it

cos thats wot they do every day. even if u 4get every thing bout the wraith killin humans they would do it 4 some thing more of value to them selves. it would be for ancient r asgard tech which we have a data base on each. the tokra r a dying race and with our tech they could remove the mind of a tokra and putin it into a goauld queen. helping us like we hav helped them is the past is the best way 2 get 2 give them the tech they need. we already no they will bend there beliefs 4 so things. this could be even more important 2 them then getin rid of the ori.
bout the blendingal give u that i throught of that as soon as a posted it

jenks
December 5th, 2007, 03:06 PM
This is getting too painful to read. I'll come back when you're not typing like you're on your phone.

mickhhh
December 5th, 2007, 03:24 PM
This is getting too painful to read. I'll come back when you're not typing like you're on your phone.

i cant help it does it really matter?
this is not typing class u no

PG15
December 5th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Yes it is.

garhkal
December 5th, 2007, 04:01 PM
i cant help it does it really matter?
this is not typing class u no

It is referred to as internet etiquette. LEET speak and general condensing words like typing are considered bad form..

mickhhh
December 5th, 2007, 04:15 PM
It is referred to as internet etiquette. LEET speak and general condensing words like typing are considered bad form..

i dont think that it matters at all how any 1s typing is were only there 2 chat about stargate nothing else

Jumper_One
December 5th, 2007, 04:19 PM
i dont think that it matters at all how any 1s typing is were only there 2 chat about stargate nothing else

yes but it's a lot easier for people to understand what you're saying without having to read your posts several times

Lythisrose
December 5th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Ya know, not to be mean or anything, and maybe it's just because I'm old, but that "texting"-speak really does hurt my brain when I try to read more than a line or so! :(

PG15
December 5th, 2007, 05:38 PM
I place more importance on the opinions of people who at least try to type properly.

Sorry, just the way it is.

mickhhh
December 6th, 2007, 04:05 AM
OK then the point is made. i will try to keep it in real words.

Liam Kincaid
December 6th, 2007, 06:19 AM
Isn't Kavanaugh writing the show these days? It sure seems like it.

prion
December 6th, 2007, 09:52 AM
I must admit I glossed over a chunk of this thread because the answers weren't in English but 'textspeak'. That's fine in techie boards or whever that's used, but have some consideration for the rest of us.

Anyway, as to what the Wraith will eat.... he can only eat humans, and I doubt the Lanteans are going to start playing judge/jury/executioner in order to keep the new pet wraith appeased. So, this means a) they kill him, or b) let him. Considering all he knows, I suspect he'll have to die - somehow. The IOA isn't going to go along with anybody saying "Ah come on, he's been good, he helped us, we can let him go." Unless of course you dump him in a remote part of the galaxy on a planet with no population or gate, but then he'd starve to death. ANother moral conundrum. Be interesting to see how they resolve it.

mickhhh
December 6th, 2007, 02:51 PM
I must admit I glossed over a chunk of this thread because the answers weren't in English but 'textspeak'. That's fine in techie boards or whever that's used, but have some consideration for the rest of us.

Anyway, as to what the Wraith will eat.... he can only eat humans, and I doubt the Lanteans are going to start playing judge/jury/executioner in order to keep the new pet wraith appeased. So, this means a) they kill him, or b) let him. Considering all he knows, I suspect he'll have to die - somehow. The IOA isn't going to go along with anybody saying "Ah come on, he's been good, he helped us, we can let him go." Unless of course you dump him in a remote part of the galaxy on a planet with no population or gate, but then he'd starve to death. ANother moral conundrum. Be interesting to see how they resolve it.

they could wipe his memory but they might be afraid it would return once they let him go.