PDA

View Full Version : WHAT!!!!! - Atlantis's Prophecy??? [Spoilers]

McSwift
November 17th, 2007, 06:24 AM
I am watching the "Seer". Anyways. I kinda hope to see an episode where this happens where Atlantis gets wiped out.

What bothers me is that how come 1 Aurora class ship wipes out atlantis.

That is wacked!

SaberBlade
November 17th, 2007, 06:29 AM
It's not exactly wacked. They've only got one ZPM, perhaps two if the older one still has some power in it so the shields wouldn't last long against drones and a fully powered, perhaps ZPM enhanced Aurora. Plus we also saw one Aurora up close, doesn't mean there weren't others in orbit and that's assuming it was Replicators and not a sneak Traveler attack.

Jackie
November 17th, 2007, 06:36 AM
for that matter how do we know it was actually Atlantis. It could have been a sister city--the replicators ship is an exact copy of Atlantis.

The seer didn't know for sure it was Atlantis--just a city that looked like Atlantis.

SG13-NightOps
November 17th, 2007, 06:43 AM
It's not exactly wacked. They've only got one ZPM, perhaps two if the older one still has some power in it so the shields wouldn't last long against drones and a fully powered, perhaps ZPM enhanced Aurora. Plus we also saw one Aurora up close, doesn't mean there weren't others in orbit and that's assuming it was Replicators and not a sneak Traveler attack.

I asked hubby that exact same question. "So is that a Replicator warship, or the Travellers warship?"

I cant *think* of a reason for the Travellers to attack, but that doesnt mean they don't have an agenda we don't know. It was exceptionally unspecific.

AGateFan
November 17th, 2007, 06:47 AM
A seer had a vision of Babylon 5 blowing up to. It did in fact come true.....but its all in the context.

technoextreme
November 17th, 2007, 07:24 AM
for that matter how do we know it was actually Atlantis. It could have been a sister city--the replicators ship is an exact copy of Atlantis.

The seer didn't know for sure it was Atlantis--just a city that looked like Atlantis.
Wasn't there an image of John saying,"I've got to get to the chair." implying that the city was Atlantis.

kirmit
November 17th, 2007, 07:32 AM
You could see people of the Atlantis expedition trying to cover from the falling debris, kind of stupid at the end of the episode where Sheppard said 'It could happen in 1000 years' when obviously with their people there it's going to happen in the near future.

I found a few things weird about the vision though, as follows:
-The Cities shield wasn't raised.
-A single drone could do that much damage to one tower.
-The crumbling city looked kind of rocky opposed to metallic.
- How damn big that Auroras class was compared to the city, it was nearly as long as the city itself.

SaberBlade
November 17th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Wasn't there an image of John saying,"I've got to get to the chair." implying that the city was Atlantis.

That was for a different vision.

However it was definitely Atlantis. You could see a guy wearing a watch, the people were wearing different types of outifts we've seen worm and it seemed the Seer could only predict things that somehow involved him.

He saw the Wraith coming to his world, He saw Sheppard and co. coming to his world. When he was with Rodney, he had a vision with him. When he was on Atlantis he say the Aurora attack and an attack involving the Wraith (which is why John was going to the chair). It could not have been another version of Atlantis because the Seer had no connection to it.

- How damn big that Auroras class was compared to the city, it was nearly as long as the city itself.

- If they were attacked, the shields wouldn't have lasted long.
- McKay has said that the city is very fragile. It would be no surprise so much damage could be done.
- I noticed that too. Bit odd consider the bomb from 'The Return II' didn't have the same sort of effect.
- Hard to say. It could have looked bigger because of the perspective but it did seem to be moving closer with every attack so it could have looked bigger and bigger as it decended but was still to far away to be on scale.

Vala_M
November 17th, 2007, 08:40 AM
So do we know for sure if this is going to happen or not? And regarding the people running when the city was being attacked, I couldn't tell for sure what they were wearing and I watched carefully so that doesn't necessarily mean that it's Atlantis.

Plus, there's no way this could happen without something else undoing it because that would ruin the whole point of the show to destroy Atlantis.

Vala,

Dutch_Razor
November 17th, 2007, 08:45 AM

I think the city from The Tower also had a chair, and there's no real reason why another sistership wouldn't.

You could see people of the Atlantis expedition trying to cover from the falling debris, kind of stupid at the end of the episode where Sheppard said 'It could happen in 1000 years' when obviously with their people there it's going to happen in the near future.

Maybe he spotted a vision of a realistic paintball game in a thousand years depicting a "what if" scenario of the famed Atlantis expedition :P

Jumper_One
November 17th, 2007, 10:08 AM

yeah I found that weird too. but we don't know what happened just prior to the attack. maybe some malfunction...

I'm not sure about these. again we don't know much. I can imagine that what we saw was not Atlantis but a sister city and the images of the people inside were from something that had nothing to do with the attack. though that's pretty unlikely imo. why one drone would do that much damage I'm not sure either. as for the ship, yeah it really was damn big, guess we underestimated its seize (maybe a new class?)

skydragon786
November 17th, 2007, 10:43 AM
I am 99.9% sure that there were other ships in orbit. If you go through that whole scene slowly, you'll notice that drones seem to be coming down and hitting Atlantis from orbit, which points to other ships. When drones are coming out of the ship directly on top of Atlantis, you can clearly see the drone exit the ship too.

Either way, I reckon all of this will play out in the season finale, not in the mid-season 3-parter.

Wraith_Boy
November 17th, 2007, 11:15 AM
I am watching the "Seer". Anyways. I kinda hope to see an episode where this happens where Atlantis gets wiped out.

That is wacked!

We don't know it was Atlantis. For all we know it could be a Replicator city that's under a joint attack from Wraith, Humans etc. The 'Aurora' could be the Trea/Tria that is the one seen on screen that we're using. JM posted drawings a couple of months back that showed an 'Aurora' class stasis pod being used as a prop.

The 'Travelers' have an 'Aurora', so they could come to the rescue of the humans which would mean that this sequence would need to take place in 'Spoils of War'.

The last possibility is that it happens in the final ep of S4 - 'The Last man'. It gets destroyed, Mckay is the only one to survive. He somehow makes it back to Earth, then they do a time travel story involving the 'Phoenix'.

Jumper_One
November 17th, 2007, 11:36 AM
I am 99.9% sure that there were other ships in orbit. If you go through that whole scene slowly, you'll notice that drones seem to be coming down and hitting Atlantis from orbit, which points to other ships. When drones are coming out of the ship directly on top of Atlantis, you can clearly see the drone exit the ship too.

Either way, I reckon all of this will play out in the season finale, not in the mid-season 3-parter.

I just watched it again and the second drone that hits the tower most definitely comes from the ship above the city. as for the others I'm not so sure, you may be right

kirmit
November 17th, 2007, 12:01 PM
We don't know it was Atlantis. For all we know it could be a Replicator city that's under a joint attack from Wraith, Humans etc. The 'Aurora' could be the Trea/Tria that is the one seen on screen that we're using. JM posted drawings a couple of months back that showed an 'Aurora' class stasis pod being used as a prop.

The 'Travelers' have an 'Aurora', so they could come to the rescue of the humans which would mean that this sequence would need to take place in 'Spoils of War'.

The last possibility is that it happens in the final ep of S4 - 'The Last man'. It gets destroyed, Mckay is the only one to survive. He somehow makes it back to Earth, then they do a time travel story involving the 'Phoenix'.

It was Atlantis, noticed the Atlantis expedition running a cowering from the falling debris in the vision.

Atlantis_Man
November 17th, 2007, 12:22 PM
I do wonder about this season sometimes. The story's from the previous episodes seems somewhat disjointed. Haven't enjoyed it as much as the last 3.

I think this is going to be another one of those teasers which tries and lures viewers to continue watching the series but no way fufile Atlantis's destructions. Similar to Prophecy, they may alter the events so everyone lives happily ever after or in Unending, simply reverse time and correct an error. Most likely either ending will be a disappointment when you're shown a clip like that.

I agree that the possibility exists it could be a Replicator City Ship (RCS) or the Travallers Aurora Class Battleship (TACB). The only circumstance which both those two variables can be true, and the Atlantis being damages (but survives to continue the series). Is if it was the RCS, landed next to Atlantis for the attack and they called upon the TACB for assitance.

Alternatively although we saw expidetion members in the city, it would not have been the first time they were prisoners on an RCS.

Anyway I could rant on for ages about timeline probabilities but I don't think there's enough server space in the world for that LoL.

I'm sceptic about it, and the prophecy and the series, but I'm hoping the rest of the series will prove me wrong.

dosed150
November 17th, 2007, 12:22 PM

maybe its not an aurora maybe the ancients weren't very creative so all their capital ships look the same except for size

jenks
November 17th, 2007, 12:29 PM
For all we know it could be the Traveler's ship attacking an Asuran city, to me it just didn't look like the planet Atlantis is on. Personally, I reckon it was Atlantis though, and it was the Asurans, but I wouldn't be too worried, I'm sure it will be repaired soon enough... RepliWeir anyone?

Atlantis_Man
November 17th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Celebrity Deathmatch

:weir:RepliWeir -vs- RepliCarter:sam:

That could have been interesting.

Wraith_Boy
November 17th, 2007, 01:12 PM
It was Atlantis, noticed the Atlantis expedition running a cowering from the falling debris in the vision.

While we did see them in the control room, we don't actually know if that was related.

For example: We saw the vision of the Hive exploding, they were secs away from launching Drones oin the ship. Perhaps that's what would have happened if they had opened fire on the Wraith ships & they had a chane to transmit the location of the city to the other Wraith. Wraith find out about Atlantis, know they need to take it over to get away from the Asurans. They come, Asurans track them & come in to attack. Find Atlantis, then open fire etc.

The other one is they get inside an Asuran city on another planet. Perhaps using the anti-Replicator weapons to take out all the Asurans inside. However some Asurans were in orbit or nearby with a ship. They then come in & attack before the shields can be raised etc.

If it's Atlantis, then it'll be in the season finale. Where time travel will probably be involved & it'll all be put back again to how it was. It may not actually even happen in S4 at all. Could be for S5 etc.

Although personally I think the writers will try & be clever & fool the fans. It being an Asuran city to get people worried about them actually destroying Atlantis.

prion
November 17th, 2007, 01:34 PM

That is wacked!

When I read they got wiped, I thought, hmm, someone cleaned their windows with Windex? ;)

Anyway, no, don't think Atalntis is gonna get blown up. Just because Sam saw the city blown up doesn' tmean its their Atlantis; could be a duplicate city. Remember, they had a duplicate tower (mabye even city) in "The Tower".

And Rodney misinterpreted his dream, after all, and Sam is ASSUMING it's their Atlantis. She needs to read more scifi ;)

frostassasin
November 17th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Anyone else think it could just be an asuran city ship? Think about it... The Travelers have an aurora class. They're convinced for some reason to help defeat the asurans. Atlantis team gets in somehow, shuts down shields. Goes to control room to do so. Traveler ship fires on the city. etc. Atlantis team gets beamed out at the last second as always.

Anubis-
November 17th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Anyway, no, don't think Atalntis is gonna get blown up. Just because Sam saw the city blown up doesn' tmean its their Atlantis; could be a duplicate city. Remember, they had a duplicate tower (mabye even city) in "The Tower".

Total offtopic: I believe now, that The Tower-cityship is Replicators, whitch is destroyed by Ancients, if that was their own, database must have information about it. Interesting thing about The Tower is, that that cityship does not have stargate. Why? Or why is removed?

kirmit
November 17th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Total offtopic: I believe now, that The Tower-cityship is Replicators, whitch is destroyed by Ancients, if that was their own, database must have information about it. Interesting thing about The Tower is, that that cityship does not have stargate. Why? Or why is removed?

Doubtful since the Replicators were designated to one planet until recently.

I think it'll be a far more interesting story if it is Atlantis blowing up, even if it is reset at the end of the episode it's still better than just blowing up the enemies version.....again.

Xaeden
November 17th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Anyone else think it could just be an asuran city ship? Think about it... The Travelers have an aurora class. They're convinced for some reason to help defeat the asurans. Atlantis team gets in somehow, shuts down shields. Goes to control room to do so. Traveler ship fires on the city. etc. Atlantis team gets beamed out at the last second as always.

Well first of all it's odd that random people would be sent in and not Sheppard's team and that, either way, they would not be beamed out before the assault began. However, the big thing to show that it wasn't an away mission into an enemy city ship is that the expedition personnel were not wearing field uniforms. One woman wasn't even wearing a uniform at all. She had tan pants and a regular shirt on. So, at best one can argue that it wasn't Atlantis, but was a city ship that Earth established as a base. In which case the explaination for why the shields weren't put up could be because they didn't have a spare ZPM to power the city and the ones there were depleted upon finding it or something to that effect. But, personally I don't buy that. I think it was in fact Atlantis and it does happen, but thanks to a time traveling plotline, it is undone.

Atlantis didn't have a Stargate to begin with either. The Tower's Stargate followed exactly what was done on Earth with it being located outside of the city and requiring someone to walk over/fly over land to access it. For some reason the Ancients decided to land Atlantis on water and stay there instead of building a landing site so they had no choice but to put a Stargate within the city as otherwise the only way to get to it would be to fly a jumper to it. Obviously the Asurans were copying Atlantis' model when they built their city ship which is probably why theirs was also on water and had the Stargate within the city, but for all we know that is something that was unique to Atlantis and not something the Ancients made a habit of doing.

mrtwidlywinks
November 17th, 2007, 02:29 PM
whoever started this thread might want to change the title of it to something less spoilery, like "atlantis's fate"

kirmit
November 17th, 2007, 02:31 PM
whoever started this thread might want to change the title of it to something less spoilery, like "atlantis's fate"

This thread is in 'The Seer' section, Spoilers will be inevitable here.

marty2006
November 17th, 2007, 02:45 PM
It may have been the asuran being attacked by the travellers for all we know, as davos said mckay misinterpreted the vision of being captured perhaps carter has misinterpreted her vision also.

jenks
November 17th, 2007, 03:06 PM
This thread is in 'The Seer' section, Spoilers will be inevitable here.

You don't have to be in here to see the title though.

Xaeden
November 17th, 2007, 03:12 PM
It may have been the asuran being attacked by the travellers for all we know, as davos said mckay misinterpreted the vision of being captured perhaps carter has misinterpreted her vision also.

Mckay saw every little detail up until the point where the vision cut out before the jumpers decloaked. So it's not a matter of misinterpretation, it's a matter of not having the full context of the vision available. Meanwhile, Carter's vision had Earth personnel running around inside the city as it was being fired upon. So going by idea that the vision will come true like the other visions, it can't be an Asuran populated city being attacked. The only thing is we don't know the context of the vision so we don't know what caused it, if the city was fully destroyed, if it happens but ends up being fixed, etc. You're right that we don't know for sure it's Atlantis -- It could be a stolen Asuran city, it could be a new Ancient city that was found and turned into a base by Earth... -- but it has to be a city that was manned by Earth personnel.

kirmit
November 17th, 2007, 03:55 PM
You don't have to be in here to see the title though.

Actually you can only see part of the title outside of this section and not enough to spoiler anything, it's only in 'The Seer' section that you can see the full title.

AutumnDream
November 17th, 2007, 04:35 PM
It doesn't matter if it's destroyed, it's not like they ever use the place.They could set up camp at any Stargate and it'd be the same show.

Gate-builder
November 17th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Maybe Carter gets captured by the replicators and they do the whole hand in the head thing so she is really just having a vision of what she sees when she is interrogated.

MarshAngel
November 17th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Maybe Carter gets captured by the replicators and they do the whole hand in the head thing so she is really just having a vision of what she sees when she is interrogated.
and there's also the possibility that it's a simulation as in the gamekeeper's technology.

Or it could be a recurring time loop which ends in the city being destroyed.

Or the city does get destroyed, they resort to a time dilation field as in SG-1 series finale, save the people, defeat the replicators, designate their code to rebuilding....

a lot of possibilities here, some more far fetched than others but I'm going to assume that everything is reset somehow...it's their way.

Mitchell82
November 17th, 2007, 06:59 PM
So do we know for sure if this is going to happen or not? And regarding the people running when the city was being attacked, I couldn't tell for sure what they were wearing and I watched carefully so that doesn't necessarily mean that it's Atlantis.

Plus, there's no way this could happen without something else undoing it because that would ruin the whole point of the show to destroy Atlantis.

Vala,

Not for certain. It could happen or it could not the fact that the seer has never been wrong suggests it will happen the thing is the outcome could change. If it happend like the vision shows you are correct however we could still get attacked but the result be very different.

the fifth man
November 17th, 2007, 07:06 PM
It doesn't matter if it's destroyed, it's not like they ever use the place.They could set up camp at any Stargate and it'd be the same show.

However, they couldn't really call it Stargate Atlantis anymore. They'd have to change the title to Stargate Pegasus, or something like that.;)

coldpower27
November 17th, 2007, 07:43 PM
The vision I would say is incomplete.

We only knows this:

It happens in the daytime.
It happens within the lifetime of the expedition.
The city shield isn't activated.
Drones are being fired on a city which looks like Atlantis.
The city looks like it has gone under fire, but not total destruction (a la nuclear warhead ex.)....
The upper central tower falls off at the end of the vision.

Let us put it into perspective:

We don't know whomever is firing will continue the barrage to completely obliterate the city..

We don't know what happens afterward is the the major issue.

Icedragon
November 17th, 2007, 07:55 PM

Exactly my take on the matter. A sister city. Possibly a replicater city. It may have been the Tau'ri in command of the ship. Or the Travellers.

garhkal
November 17th, 2007, 09:32 PM

Very true. perhaps it was a vision of when rodney and co go back to Asura and try to plant the virus back into the replicator mainframe, but they moved it to one of their city ships, and the asurans feel to stop us they have to destroy the city..

and there's also the possibility that it's a simulation as in the gamekeeper's technology.

Now that or the hand in the head trick would be good..

We don't know whomever is firing will continue the barrage to completely obliterate the city..

Especially since iirc the aurora ship that was firing seemed to be pulling up once the central tower started to crumble..

Ripple in Space
November 17th, 2007, 10:31 PM
I strongly doubt that that city was Atlantis in the vision. It'll turn out to be a sister city, (probably Asuran). And it was the Expedition in the Aurora (the Traveler's to be precise), attacking the Asurans. Possibly when we see RepliWier.

Xaeden
November 17th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Very true. perhaps it was a vision of when rodney and co go back to Asura and try to plant the virus back into the replicator mainframe, but they moved it to one of their city ships, and the asurans feel to stop us they have to destroy the city..

I still maintain that it cannot have been an Asuran city ship that they sent people to infiltrate for a short period of time as otherwise those people would've been wearing field uniforms. They are not going to send people into an enemy city with tan slacks or those Atlantis base uniforms. They should've all been dressed in black with a vest and had weapons no matter if they were scientists or not. The vest and weapons are a must for anyone being sent into a potentially hostile situation and the special uniforms for away missions are just standard issue.

Now if it's an Asuran city ship that they took over and thought was safe enough to set up a base there where people were living and working day in and day out, that's a different matter (it's a bit of stretch though). But the people running around inside clearly weren't on a mission based on how they looked.

Mitchell82
November 17th, 2007, 11:06 PM
I still maintain that it cannot have been an Asuran city ship that they sent people to infiltrate for a short period of time as otherwise those people would've been wearing field uniforms. They are not going to send people into an enemy city with tan slacks or those Atlantis base uniforms. They should've all been dressed in black with a vest and had weapons no matter if they were scientists or not. The vest and weapons are a must for anyone being sent into a potentially hostile situation and the special uniforms for away missions are just standard issue.

Now if it's an Asuran city ship that they took over and thought was safe enough to set up a base there where people were living and working day in and day out, that's a different matter (it's a bit of stretch though). But the people running around inside clearly weren't on a mission based on how they looked.
Agreed I'm pretty sure it was Atlantis.

spinspinspin
November 18th, 2007, 01:05 AM
You can't really see the details of the uniforms very clearly, and it all happens very fast, with lots of smoke and dust. I thought I saw the stairs of the gateroom though.

It could be possible that two Atlantis-like cities are under attack: The inside scenes with supposedly Atlantis personnel could be the real Atlantis but the outside scene of the tower falling etc, could be another city.

Or, only some of the "inside" scenes were of a Atlantis-like city (namely the stairs part), maybe the other scene of destruction was of humans in a ship or something.

andy tyler
November 18th, 2007, 01:45 AM
you guys ever consider that the replicators just destroy half of atlantis and then repair it like they did in season 3?

elbo
November 18th, 2007, 03:37 AM
There are a number of possibilities for that vision to happen and Atlantis to end unaffected:

1. time travel (we know that there is a episode wrote around this plot type). Maby we deal with a move forward in time where the events in the Sam's vision are aknowledge then backward in time and the Atlantis destruction is avoided.

2. an alternate reality. It will be not the first time when we assist to doom scenarios happening in a parallel universe.

3. a 'hand in the head' routine and a artificial created scenario meant to extract informations, probably from Sam. Again a remake.

4. It could also be a repli-city being destroyed by a ancient warship ('Tria') under our or Travelers control (insert name). Or a repli-city controlled by Travelers destroyed by the Asurans (it doesn't seem our style). If this is the case, there are great chances like the vision to represent a scene from 'Spoils of War'.

5. It can be also possible for the actually Atlantis from SGA timeline to be crippled and repaired as already specified.

One thing is certain Atlantis cannot be destroyed or seriously crippled for how it remains the central element of the show (and that is at least 'the end', 'the finale'). The instersting thing about the 'prophecy' is that it has to have a semnificative importance and impact to the story and specially to Sam, if Davos choosed to show it, so cannot be another glitch or a random occuring just to create some artificial dramatism and suspance and then to dissapoint. It wouldn't make sense this way for the show style.

Integrabyte
November 18th, 2007, 03:44 AM
Agreed I'm pretty sure it was Atlantis.

Same here. People seem to ignore the obvious :).

Gala
November 18th, 2007, 04:50 AM
To me the aurora class looks from 1/3rd to a half the width of Atlantis, which is pretty big.

Based on those figures Atlantis would be roughly the same size as a hive ship.

Arcath
November 18th, 2007, 06:07 AM
From the wraith prediction we know that all is not as it first seems, so yes a city class ship was destroyed by 1 (or more) Aurora Class ships, and during the fight atlantis expadition members where running around but it doesnt mean that the city under attack was atlantis, it just means a city was destroyed.

It could be the travelers in thier ship and us in a drone wielding ship *hopes for new warship* attacking the replicators

thekillman
November 18th, 2007, 11:01 AM
well its obviously atlantis, unless there's annother cityship on a large ocean.

as why the city wasnt destroyed immedialty:
its most likely a traveller ship or underpowered aurora class. the attack is a slow bombarding. around 8 drones are lauched each attack.
i think either a new replicater infiltration will repair the city or a time travel story. and man ive seen that vision so many times

Jumper_One
November 18th, 2007, 11:53 AM
well its obviously atlantis, unless there's annother cityship on a large ocean.

as why the city wasnt destroyed immedialty:
its most likely a traveller ship or underpowered aurora class. the attack is a slow bombarding. around 8 drones are lauched each attack.
i think either a new replicater infiltration will repair the city or a time travel story. and man ive seen that vision so many times

or...we find another city ship while our current is under attack. we just leave it and move into the new one ;)

Platschu
November 18th, 2007, 01:26 PM
I believe I found the answer. It is Atlantis, but this isn't the main tower in the heart of Atlantis, this is only one of the biggest at a tongue. There are not other skyscrapers next to this tower. You can see the main tower with the gate at the left fuzzy side. I think the ship attacked the chair room at first (you can see this in a distant view too), so this is the reason why it became a target.

Xaeden
November 18th, 2007, 01:29 PM
You can't really see the details of the uniforms very clearly, and it all happens very fast, with lots of smoke and dust. I thought I saw the stairs of the gateroom though.

If you watch the scene in slow motion you can better see the uniforms (they're not crystal clear, but you can tell they are the on-base Atlantis uniforms). The clearest part is of this woman with a blue, long sheeve shirt (many of the personnel wear a blue shirt under the jacket of their uniform) and tan pants. She was clearly unprepared for a battle situation.

When I first watched the episoe I was speculating that it might be them attacking an Asuran city, but after watching that scene in slow motion a bunch of times I'm convinced that it's impossible.

kirmit
November 18th, 2007, 01:33 PM
If you watch the scene in slow motion you can better see the uniforms (they're not crystal clear, but you can tell they are the on-base Atlantis uniforms). The clearest part is of this woman with a blue, long sheeve shirt (many of the personnel wear a blue shirt under the jacket of their uniform) and tan pants. She was clearly unprepared for a battle situation.

When I first watched the episoe I was speculating that it might be them attacking an Asuran city, but after watching that scene in slow motion a bunch of times I'm convinced that it's impossible.

That's what I've said from the beginning, the argument to that is that it's 2 visions combined (misinterpretted) one of a city ship being destroyed, the other of Atlantis being attacked, kind of like how we didn't see Sheppard fire drones except in the vision of the hive being destroyed. I personally think it is just Atlantis.

Platschu
November 18th, 2007, 01:37 PM
They will attack Atlantis, but this isn't the main tower, what will be destroyed.

kirmit
November 18th, 2007, 01:55 PM
They will attack Atlantis, but this isn't the main tower, what will be destroyed.

Yes it is the main tower.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/kirmit/tower.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/kirmit/tower2.jpg

Platschu
November 18th, 2007, 01:59 PM
The main tower is at the left side. There aren't any other towers around the explosion. If you watch the scene again, the Ancient warship began to fire not the main tower, only a bigger at one side. ;)

Watch this signature (thanks Mitchell82 :D ):
http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?u=15192&type=sigpic&dateline=1195368954
The destroyed tower is under the Atlantis word.

kirmit
November 18th, 2007, 02:03 PM
The main tower is at the left side. There aren't any other towers around the explosion. If you watch the scene again, the Ancient warship began to fire not the main tower, only a bigger at one side. ;)

Watch this signature (thanks Mitchell82 :D ):
http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?u=15192&type=sigpic&dateline=1195368954
The destroyed tower is under the Atlantis word.

Actually no, watch the scene, they show the towers on that pier being destroyed and then switch to the main tower, it's clearly the main tower because it's bigger than all the rest and in the center of the city.

Platschu
November 18th, 2007, 02:06 PM
I think not. Ok, they changed the view, but than they switched back.

1. If you watch the the main tower's top (where the jumpers come out), it is different from what we can see in the destruction scene.

2. There is no stargate in the hall, where the rocks felt in.

kirmit
November 18th, 2007, 02:09 PM
I think not. Ok, they changed the view, but than they switched back.

1. If you watch the the main tower's top (where the jumpers come out), it is different from what we can see in the destruction scene.

2. There is no stargate in the hall, where the rocks felt in.

Nope just watched it, it's the exact same, you can see in this pics I posted the angle of the different piers aswell, it's the center of the city where the main tower is located.

The scene is showing the devastation around the city before the main tower is attacked, those people are in a different section of the city but it then switches to the scene of the main tower being taken out.

Platschu
November 18th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Sorry, you can't convince me. :o You can see the water next to water, there aren't any big other tower, the tower's end is different, so I am 99% sure that can't be the main tower. :o

Main tower:
http://www.macsyourman.com/atlantis/screencaps/season3/317dvd/sga-3x17-0000.jpg

http://www.macsyourman.com/atlantis/screencaps/season4/402hdtv/sga_4x02_2465.jpg
http://www.macsyourman.com/atlantis/screencaps/season4/401hdtv/sga-4x01_2039.jpg

The destroyed tower:
http://www.macsyourman.com/atlantis/screencaps/season3/317dvd/sga-3x17-3829.jpg

http://www.macsyourman.com/atlantis/screencaps/season2/220/sga-2x20-0704.jpg
http://www.macsyourman.com/atlantis/screencaps/season4/402hdtv/sga_4x02_2006.jpg

kirmit
November 18th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Sorry, you can't convince me. :o You can see the water next to water, there aren't any big other tower, the tower's end is different, so I am 99% sure that can't be the main tower. :o

Main tower:

The destroyed tower:

I can't see those pictures for some reason.

All the other towers have fallen by that point, you can see the damage around the main tower, the attack has wiped out the rest of the city, it's last and most dramatic hit, the main power.

also notice in this picture where the piers change and the 'ramps holding the main tower, no other tower has these.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/kirmit/tower3.jpg

just noticed the other side of the pier aswell
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/kirmit/tower35.jpg

Platschu
November 18th, 2007, 02:41 PM
http://www.macsyourman.com/atlantis/screencaps/season3/317dvd/sga-3x17-0764.jpg
http://www.macsyourman.com/atlantis/screencaps/season4/401hdtv/sga-4x01_2039.jpg
http://www.macsyourman.com/atlantis/screencaps/season4/402hdtv/sga_4x02_2006.jpg

No, it can't be the main tower, because there should be other bigger towers. You can't see bigger towers at the left in the distance, if they are smaller. Don't forget that we have two similar tower at the opposite site of the city, what you can see on the picture from Sunday. So the can show us any of them from any angle. :)

kirmit
November 18th, 2007, 02:50 PM
http://www.macsyourman.com/atlantis/screencaps/season3/317dvd/sga-3x17-0764.jpg

No, it can't be the main tower, because there should be other bigger towers and you can't see bigger at the left in the distance, if they are smaller. Don't forget that we have two similar tower at the opposite site of the city, what you can see on the picture from Sunday. So the can show us any of them from any angle. :)

Like I just said, most of the city had fallen in the attack by this point, the towers surrounding the main tower were likely already taken out, leaving the last tower, the main tower. Add to this the other towers on the piers aren't nearly as tall as the tower shown being destroyed. This is last I'm going to post on it, if you still can't see it, fair enough :).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/kirmit/tower4.jpg

Platschu
November 18th, 2007, 03:07 PM
I still don't believe you, sorry. The piers can be visible, because four from the six "arms" ramify to three different way, so you can see easily the ocean, when you change a good view. Sorry, I can't express myself better in English, so I will stop to convince you. :o

Integrabyte
November 18th, 2007, 03:20 PM
I still don't believe you, sorry. The piers can be visible, because four from the six "arms" ramify to three different way, so you can see easily the ocean, when you change a good view. Sorry, I can't express myself better in English, so I will stop to convince you. :o

This whole topic reminds me of a Modern Talking song :D

Atlantis is calling S.O.S. for love
Atlantis is calling from the stars above
Atlantis is calling S.O.S. for love
Atlantis is calling it's too hot to stop

Jumper_One
November 18th, 2007, 04:37 PM
This whole topic reminds me of a Modern Talking song :D

lol :D

Like I just said, most of the city had fallen in the attack by this point, the towers surrounding the main tower were likely already taken out, leaving the last tower, the main tower. Add to this the other towers on the piers aren't nearly as tall as the tower shown being destroyed. This is last I'm going to post on it, if you still can't see it, fair enough :).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/kirmit/tower4.jpg

thanx for the pics kirmit. I wasn't sure about this either, the angle really sucks. but after seeing your pics I do believe you're right. it may look as if the tower in the back is the main tower but seeing the 3 piers in the front it's clearly not. the collapsing tower is definately the center of the complex which would make it the main tower

Vampyr
November 18th, 2007, 05:22 PM
I think that it was the main tower being depicted. Now as for why there was a lack of spires around the main tower (which is my biggest complaint about the episode), simple; CG goof. Again.

wise one
November 19th, 2007, 12:22 PM
is it just me or are those drones abit bigger and more powerful

in the return part 2 when the drones were chasing shep in the jumper some drones hit the biuldings which caused some tremors but they only exploded in a small manner as the drones in the seer vision showed complete destruction with only on hit

maybe asuran bigger powerful drone or just a CG goof

Integrabyte
November 19th, 2007, 12:24 PM

in the return part 2 when the drones were chasing shep in the jumper some drones hit the biuldings which caused some tremors but they only exploded in a small manner as the drones in the seer vision showed complete destruction with only on hit

maybe asuran bigger powerful drone or just a CG goof

...either way Atlantis gets canned :D *heee heee heee*

Moebius all over again. Shep goes back in time to fix things :D. I loved that episode will love the SGA version too :D

McSwift
November 19th, 2007, 04:01 PM
If anything, this particular spoiler is for

THE LAST MAN

Think about it.

Atlantis is attacked, Evacuation, some people left behind.

I also try to think of how the images are disjointed and that the scenes where people are running away like crazy may be for another episode.

The blowing up of Atlantis or even a replicator city ship may be this scene.

Who knows right.

McSwift
November 19th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Whoops. I have flawed logic!

"THIS MORTAL COIL"
- Myserious drone hits the city. A sign that the replicators might have found the city.

Argh. Spoilers confirmed. The end.

Mitchell82
November 19th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Same here. People seem to ignore the obvious :).

ANd I don't know why. Obviously it is Atlantis but we must find a way to stop it or at the very least minimize the damage since no Atlantis...No tv show.;)

PG15
November 19th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Whoops. I have flawed logic!

"THIS MORTAL COIL"
- Myserious drone hits the city. A sign that the replicators might have found the city.

Argh. Spoilers confirmed. The end.

It's not that kind of drone, I can assure you.

ColCaldwell
November 19th, 2007, 09:21 PM
The city being so fragile doesn't surprise me. Atlantis was built with the thought of the shield being the main defense with 3 ZPMs powering it.

sg8man
November 19th, 2007, 09:34 PM

It could have been us attacking the Replicators (if we got another Aurora-class) or the Travellers. I dont think that it's the replicators attacking anybody because they dont use (correct me if i'm wrong) Aurora - class starships.

andromeda_dan
November 19th, 2007, 09:38 PM
the events that lead to the vision can be anything from an actaul replicator sneak attack to a newbie with the ansient gene who got his/ her rear end on the chair then accidentally shot off a volley of drones, like what Beckett did when Mackal ordered him on the chair in Antartica.:jack_new_anime06:

czarjosh
November 20th, 2007, 05:02 AM
I am not sure if someone posted this theory (I did not read the entire thread), but maybe later in the season the SGA team somehow takes the Asuran Atlantis. This would save our atlantis, but explain why the SGA team was in the city.

wise one
November 20th, 2007, 07:30 AM
well shields would of been taken out if the desruction of atlantis happened like this so maybe a sneak attack or we dont have a zpm

Integrabyte
November 20th, 2007, 08:45 AM
ANd I don't know why. Obviously it is Atlantis but we must find a way to stop it or at the very least minimize the damage since no Atlantis...No tv show.;)

People rarely see what is under their nose :P. Atlantis has to last for another Season so I am sure they will find the most ridiculous and unoriginal way to save it :P.

FallenAngelII
November 20th, 2007, 09:48 AM

1) It's on the surface of an ocean, so it's not Asuras.
2) Earth people running around in Earth uniforms inside.

It's pretty much 100% that's Atlantis unless they randomly stumble upon another cityship on the surface of an ocean and happen to have a bunch of Earth people inside of it when the Asurans (or Travelers) suddenly, out of nowhere, attack... um... yeah.

FallenAngelII
November 20th, 2007, 09:56 AM

Or, let's see... any other time the drones have been used other than in "The Return (part II)". I think it's more that in "The Return", the Asurans didn't want to blow up the city so they just had the drones chase the jumper and once they hit the city, they just went poof.

However, should the will of the pilot choose it, the drones can become ultra-destructive and poke Swiss cheese-like holes into ships and buildings like in "The Seer".

Mitchell82
November 20th, 2007, 01:39 PM
People rarely see what is under their nose :P. Atlantis has to last for another Season so I am sure they will find the most ridiculous and unoriginal way to save it :P.

They'll find a way to save it but I doubt it will be rediculous.

MIZA
November 20th, 2007, 02:34 PM
i was just wondering, but i know i should wait until the show airs, but i can't

Do you guys think that Carson is the father of Teyla baby?,cause i really do not think it is this Kanan guy ,and i think it is weird that they michael , carson, and this other guy are all coming back in Kindred?

Mitchell82
November 21st, 2007, 05:50 PM

Do you guys think that Carson is the father of Teyla baby?,cause i really do not think it is this Kanan guy ,and i think it is weird that they michael , carson, and this other guy are all coming back in Kindred?

Uh uh. No way can this be possible.

sg8man
November 21st, 2007, 10:04 PM
Uh uh. No way can this be possible.

It could be . . . if he ascended! Could also explain how he's coming back. . .

Jumper_One
November 22nd, 2007, 07:55 AM

ahem no, I agree with Mitchell82

It could be . . . if he ascended! Could also explain how he's coming back. . .

I doubt it. TBTB won't do this again as they've used it too many times with Daniel

An-Alteran
November 23rd, 2007, 11:05 AM
why one drone would do that much damage I'm not sure either. as for the ship, yeah it really was damn big, guess we underestimated its seize (maybe a new class?)
This isn't Star Trek. Ever time a ship is out of scale doesn't mean it is a new class... :o

Jumper_One
November 23rd, 2007, 11:32 AM
This isn't Star Trek. Ever time a ship is out of scale doesn't mean it is a new class... :o

lol I can't even remember writing this :D

I wasn't thinking of ST, it was just a random thought. we didn't even get a good look at it, that's why everybody's speculating. anyway there aren't a lot of options, hopefully we'll know by TLM

Mitchell82
November 25th, 2007, 05:02 PM
lol I can't even remember writing this :D

I wasn't thinking of ST, it was just a random thought. we didn't even get a good look at it, that's why everybody's speculating. anyway there aren't a lot of options, hopefully we'll know by TLM

I don't even get the ST reference. The new classes of ships looked completly different to me on Star Trek, though I must admit all I really followed was Enterprise, TOS and ST:TNG.

Jumper_One
November 25th, 2007, 05:13 PM
I don't even get the ST reference. The new classes of ships looked completly different to me on Star Trek, though I must admit all I really followed was Enterprise, TOS and ST:TNG.

IIRC there were some new classes in DS9 but none in VOY (obviously). if you're into ST watch DS9, best ST ever imo

PG15
November 25th, 2007, 05:21 PM
There was the USS Prometheus that appeared in Voyager's "Message in a Bottle".

Oh, and the USS Equinox (Nova class) that appeared in "Equinox", followed by its refitted cousin USS Rhode Island that appeared in "Endgame".

But really, Voyager is still king of new alien ships. Pretty much every single one was different.

Jumper_One
November 25th, 2007, 05:27 PM
There was the USS Prometheus that appeared in Voyager's "Message in a Bottle".

Oh, and the USS Equinox (Nova class) that appeared in "Equinox", followed by its refitted cousin USS Rhode Island that appeared in "Endgame".

But really, Voyager is still king of new alien ships. Pretty much every single one was different.

yeah alright you caught me ;) I forget about those. but other than that...

and as for the alien ships, I didn't mention them because I assumed we were talking about the UFP ships' classes

Mitchell82
November 25th, 2007, 06:14 PM
IIRC there were some new classes in DS9 but none in VOY (obviously). if you're into ST watch DS9, best ST ever imo

Well I liked DS9 but it wasn't my fav. The only ones that I didn't miss an ep were the ones I listed. Voyager was meh for me.