PDA

View Full Version : Something Adam Said - Spoilers for 2x8 "Four Months Ago"

jrd231
November 16th, 2007, 07:11 AM
I found something Adam said in "Four Months Ago" to be interesting.

When Adam is talking to Peter, Peter wants to know how long Adam has been a prisoner and Adam tells him 3 decades. He then said they'd have killed him a long time ago if they could figure out how.

I think it's safe to assume that by removing the brain of somebody with Cellular Regeneration it would effectively kill them. We've been led to believe that Sylar has killed Claire on two separate occasions (although both times the time lines were altered to never have happened.) Hayden Panettiere has even stated in an interview that if an object would be left lodged in Claire's brain for too long, she may not be able to regenerate. Based on this information, the Company surely could have figured out a way to kill Adam, unless there is something they aren't telling us about how the cellular regeneration works.

Did anybody else notice this inconsistency?

Buddhawasanancient
November 16th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Yeah even if they just stuck something in his head and then pulled it out if they ever needed him for something. A stick in the brain would almost be equal to suspended animation in his case...

cheese
November 16th, 2007, 09:05 AM
It's possible (even likely considering he wanted to get Peter to break him out) that Adam was lying, perhaps the Company were using him as part of their research into developing a cure or had some other reason to keep him alive.

Or Adam's ability might not be identical to Claire's. His abilty might be subtly different so that the brain stab doesn't work.

Aerilon
November 16th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Maybe Adam and Bob are working together. Yes?

Whilst it may not seem obvious at the moment (and it isn't obvious) you just can't rule out the possability. I doubt the company knew that Peter was going to become this way 30 years in the past, thus, when they first found Adam, they could / should have simply killed him.

The only theory I can think up, is that Bob has some sort of connection to Adam that we've not yet been made aware of.

Buddhawasanancient
November 16th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Maybe Adam and Bob are working together. Yes?

Whilst it may not seem obvious at the moment (and it isn't obvious) you just can't rule out the possability. I doubt the company knew that Peter was going to become this way 30 years in the past, thus, when they first found Adam, they could / should have simply killed him.

The only theory I can think up, is that Bob has some sort of connection to Adam that we've not yet been made aware of.

Well it could be that Bob and Adam are working together. I mean Bob DID just let him and Peter walk out of there untouched. Crappy writing or evidence of a Bob/Adam alliance? You decide...

MarshAngel
November 16th, 2007, 01:37 PM
It's possible That what Adam meant was that Bob was looking for something specific that could kill him, as opposed to the obvious. As in something, viral, chemical etc. that they could easily employ should they come across another one like him. They probably wanted to know the limits of what he could recover from without hacking off his head.....unless that grows back too..creepy.

Lord Iceman
November 17th, 2007, 06:49 PM
It's possible That what Adam meant was that Bob was looking for something specific that could kill him, as opposed to the obvious. As in something, viral, chemical etc. that they could easily employ should they come across another one like him. They probably wanted to know the limits of what he could recover from without hacking off his head.....unless that grows back too..creepy.

If they did cut oh his head highlander style, would the head grow back on the body, or would a new body grow from the head, or both?

the fifth man
November 17th, 2007, 07:17 PM
If they did cut oh his head highlander style, would the head grow back on the body, or would a new body grow from the head, or both?

That is so disturbing to think about. I don't think we'll be finding that out in any episode any time soon.;)

Xicer
November 17th, 2007, 08:05 PM

Heh, well since the brain plays such an important role in the regeneration process, I think a new body would grow from the severed head.

MarshAngel
November 18th, 2007, 04:27 AM
Heh, well since the brain plays such an important role in the regeneration process, I think a new body would grow from the severed head.
I think I can go through the rest of my life happily without ever seeing a CGI representation of that event.

eri-chan
November 18th, 2007, 04:31 AM
i was thinking that... they should just sever his head from his body. and then hack up his brains :p but then would he regrow from several small brain pieces? i'm thinking of an adam army here now.

the fifth man
November 18th, 2007, 06:04 PM
I think I can go through the rest of my life happily without ever seeing a CGI representation of that event.

Same here. IMO, that would be a little too much.

Avenger
November 19th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Keep in mind that Hiro blew Adam up with a whole lot of gun powder 400 years ago. His body was burned beyond all recognition, and he managed to survive that. I would think that, with another 400 years of time to work with the power, Adam's probably very difficult to kill.

Ace
November 20th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Well... I think if you remove the brain then Adam/Claire/Peter will die. As Sylar did manage to kill Claire in the first season in two different timelines. The first time he was stopped by Peter and the second was when he pretended to be Nathan.

So there is definitely a way to kill them, not sure if it has to do with cutting off the head ala Highlander or if simply enough brain damage will suffice. Such as somebody tearing off the top of your head and then eating your brains ;)

Ace

SaberBlade
November 20th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Claire never died, at least not that we know of.

While it is possible that she originally died when Peter saved her, Future Hiro came from a timeline where she never actually died because Bennett kept her hidden so Hiro only believed it. The whole Sylar explosion/regeneration thing was just to keep blame from Peter so he shouldn't have had her powers in any timeline unless he went back to warn peter, then arrived in different timeline because of it.

NationOfJoe
November 20th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Keep in mind that Hiro blew Adam up with a whole lot of gun powder 400 years ago. His body was burned beyond all recognition, and he managed to survive that. I would think that, with another 400 years of time to work with the power, Adam's probably very difficult to kill.

i like this explanation the best. as we have seen with most other heroes, with use they learn to grow their powers. Adam sure has had a lot more time and need to use his power. A lot more then Clair has so far.

Adam also says to peter, u can heal your brain you have my powers. While he is healing memories and not a giant piece of glass in the back of his head, maybe Adams power has progressed beyond (or never had) that weakness, and now peter has to.

but then the question is how to kill him? Adam will eventually want to die, who would want to live forever.

Ace
November 20th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Claire never died, at least not that we know of.

While it is possible that she originally died when Peter saved her, Future Hiro came from a timeline where she never actually died because Bennett kept her hidden so Hiro only believed it. The whole Sylar explosion/regeneration thing was just to keep blame from Peter so he shouldn't have had her powers in any timeline unless he went back to warn peter, then arrived in different timeline because of it.

I could probably buy the first part that Claire was still alive and HRG just hid her from Hiro. But we know that Hiro stabbed Sylar in the chest with the sword and regenerated which led Hiro to travel back to the future and tell Peter to save the cheerleader.

So Sylar definitely had regenerating power as Hiro saw him do it. So he had to get it somehow... Plus the last time we saw Claire at the end of the episode with Sylar impersonating Nathan she looked pretty screwed to me.

Until further evidence in the show that there is no possible way that Claire, Peter or Adam can die. I'm maintaining that they can with the removal of the brain from the head or large chunks of the brain missing.

Ace

Aerilon
November 21st, 2007, 09:33 AM
Heh, well since the brain plays such an important role in the regeneration process, I think a new body would grow from the severed head.I don't know what it would grow back from... but it would grow back I think.

Well... I think if you remove the brain then Adam/Claire/Peter will die.

So there is definitely a way to kill them, not sure if it has to do with cutting off the head ala Highlander or if simply enough brain damage will suffice. Such as somebody tearing off the top of your head and then eating your brainsNoah Died, was shot in the head (went through his brain), yet he regenerated.It isn't about the Brain, it is about the Blood.

but then the question is how to kill him? Adam will eventually want to die, who would want to live forever.I think, the only way for them to truly die, is to be eaten alive... Unless they're going to regenerate inside of a Lion / Tiger / Great White Shark I can't see them surviving that.

Maybe Hiro could take Adam back to the Jurassic Period, and feed him to a T-Rex :p

So Sylar definitely had regenerating power as Hiro saw him do it. So he had to get it somehow... Plus the last time we saw Claire at the end of the episode with Sylar impersonating Nathan she looked pretty screwed to me.Sylar regenerated... You sure? I don't remember that. If he is able to regenerate, surely he would have healed a LOT quicker. Yes?

Ace
November 21st, 2007, 09:48 AM
Noah Died, was shot in the head (went through his brain), yet he regenerated.It isn't about the Brain, it is about the Blood.

Noah is fine as it didn't do enough damage to the brain just as Claire was fine when the stick was removed from the brain. It didn't cause enough damage. I'm talking about doing significant damage to it such as removing the brain entirely to eat it like Sylar does. I am pretty sure that would kill anybody with the regenerative power.

Sylar regenerated... You sure? I don't remember that. If he is able to regenerate, surely he would have healed a LOT quicker. Yes?

He regenerated in the first time line with 'badass' Hiro! Not in our timeline... In the first time line Hiro stabbed him and he regenerated thereby not allowing Hiro to kill him leading him to assume that he exploded and could not be stopped.

Which is why he went back in time in the first place to tell Peter to save the Cheerleader so that Sylar would not gain her regenerative powers. He was assuming that if Peter saved Claire then when he stabbed him in Kirby plaza he would die and the explosion would not occur.

Ace

Aerilon
November 21st, 2007, 10:02 AM
Ahh, I thought you were on about this timeline. My mistake, not reading clearly. Thanks for clearing that all up. :)

Ace
November 21st, 2007, 10:07 AM
Ahh, I thought you were on about this timeline. My mistake, not reading clearly. Thanks for clearing that all up. :)

Yeah... I should have made that more clear. My apologizes

Ace

Calicto
November 21st, 2007, 01:46 PM
Noah is fine as it didn't do enough damage to the brain just as Claire was fine when the stick was removed from the brain. It didn't cause enough damage. I'm talking about doing significant damage to it such as removing the brain entirely to eat it like Sylar does. I am pretty sure that would kill anybody with the regenerative power.

He regenerated in the first time line with 'badass' Hiro! Not in our timeline... In the first time line Hiro stabbed him and he regenerated thereby not allowing Hiro to kill him leading him to assume that he exploded and could not be stopped.

Which is why he went back in time in the first place to tell Peter to save the Cheerleader so that Sylar would not gain her regenerative powers. He was assuming that if Peter saved Claire then when he stabbed him in Kirby plaza he would die and the explosion would not occur.

Ace

No. Sylar never killed Claire in Future Hiro's timeline until he impersonated Nathan and did it.

In our timeline, Sylar was also stabbed by Hiro but he didn't die. He doesnt need to have regeneration to survive a stabbing. Hiro never saw him regenerate. He just knew the facts that the city blew up and assumed that Sylar must have regenerated and blew up, even though it was Peter who blew up. Sylar never killed Claire in that timeline, she was in hiding.

Ace
November 21st, 2007, 04:38 PM
No. Sylar never killed Claire in Future Hiro's timeline until he impersonated Nathan and did it.

Yep already addressed that in an earlier post

In our timeline, Sylar was also stabbed by Hiro but he didn't die. He doesnt need to have regeneration to survive a stabbing. Hiro never saw him regenerate. He just knew the facts that the city blew up and assumed that Sylar must have regenerated and blew up, even though it was Peter who blew up. Sylar never killed Claire in that timeline, she was in hiding.

While he doesn't need regeneration to survive a stabbing he did have it in the earlier time line. Hiro didn't assume he had it...he actually did. I think it was also displayed in one of the those NBC online Heroes comics in addition to being mentioned in one of the first season episodes.

I'm pretty sure... maybe I'll go and look it up. Maybe I won't... either way it'll be after dinner ;)

Ace

IcyNeko
November 28th, 2007, 02:09 PM

Uhh, any damaged portion would be fatal. Noah's injury was fatal, and were it not for Claire's blood, he would have remained dead. But you're mixing two separate things.

Noah would have regenerated if claire's blood was introduced... period. That's due to the regenerative power of Claire's blood. It doesn't have to do with the amount of brain damage Noah endured.

However, if Claire took enough brain damage, she wouldn't be able to call that part of her body that generates the regenerative powers, and thus her blood would no longer regenerate. I'm guessing it has to do with the part of her brain that generates the RNA necessary to allow her to use her powers. If that is removed, she reverts back to being a normal little girl.

Again, nothign to do with Noah. Don't confuse the two.

TDgamer
November 28th, 2007, 02:56 PM
I thought the implication with regards to Claire in Future Hiro's timeline was that Sylar killed Claire at homecoming. She was dead. That was it. But then Future Hiro came back and told Peter to "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World." When Peter saved Claire at homecoming, that altered Future Hiro's past and therefore, he gained knowledge of Claire having been alive.

Jarnin
November 28th, 2007, 03:02 PM
They borked up Noah's resurrection. Mohinder didn't have him on any artificial life support machines, and he was dead. Thus, when they put the I.V. in his arm, nothing would have happened. Without his heart beating to circulate Claire's blood in his system, Noah should have remained dead.

As for killing Adam/Claire, apparently it's not as hard as people think. Claire died while that stick was in her brain. Had that stick remained there, her cells would have begun decomposing and there would have been no coming back.

In the painting of Sylar killing Claire, there was a hole that went through Claire's torso, which not only would have killed her, but made it difficult to regenerate quickly.

$5 says Hiro chops Adam's head off and it's considered finished.

IcyNeko
November 28th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Jarnin.... look at the ep 11 previews, buddy. Not looking good for your $5.

flameling
December 2nd, 2007, 05:50 PM
maybe, they wanted an alternate way to kill Adam, cure more diseases, or to win peters trust. And if his power is near parellel to Claire's then removing the brain will kill him (As seen in two alternate realities).

Gala
December 3rd, 2007, 02:32 PM
$10 says he escapes and syler chops off his head later on :D

cbrseadude
December 9th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Drop Adam in a vate of molten metal ala Terminator2 style, that should do it, or lock him down and drain all his blood. I really think they didnt kill Adam, not because they couldnt, but because why would you when you can study him and use his blood to their advantage. He maybe able to heal and regenerate quickly, but he cant walk thru walls or shoot fire balls out his hands, so hes pretty easy to hold prisoner.

Avenger
December 9th, 2007, 03:37 PM
I have a feeling that either Sylar will get a hold on him and take his power, or that the company will get their hands on him and lock him up and use him as a blood bank.

Anonmatel
December 10th, 2007, 08:00 PM
These are Not spoilers. Just guesses.

$10 says he escapes and syler chops off his head later on :D
Yeah Sylar Visits his mothers grave to apologize and with his super hearing hears Adam Screaming and saying how much he hates Hiro, Sylar digs him up and the become allies for a time before Sylar kills him

I have a feeling that either Sylar will get a hold on him and take his power, or that the company will get their hands on him and lock him up and use him as a blood bank.

We learn later on the reason why the company kept him alive, they used him as a test subject for their biological and chemical weapons. Tested the longevity of the viruses etc. on someone that would heal themselves (whether straight away or as time passes)

Gate-builder
December 10th, 2007, 10:19 PM
I hope that Adam is dug up by someone, he was a good character and it would be a shame to loose him.

YodaMate
December 17th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Adam isn't the most credible person when hanging around Peter. Victoria Pratt went for the gun option, and we've seen the power of the humble stick in relation to Claire. The Company surely knows how to kill Adam and has had 30 years to come up with creative solutions.

Doubtless, the Company kept Adam alive for their own interest, despite the danger he posed to mankind. Probably as a source of healing blood, possibly for other things. It's the same as Sylar, they went to great lengths to get him functioning again and in Season 1 Bennet was prohibited from killing him.

It is this sort of behaviour that makes the next volume title so apt : the Company are Villains as they do all sorts of bad things and let other villains live in order to achieve their goals, goals which may not be so noble as 'the Greater Good' implies. Exciting times ahead to be sure

IcyNeko
December 17th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Or the company could gather the good guys to fight the waves of evil villains. This elite cadre would be led by Maya, and be known as the League of Extraordinary Emos.

YodaMate
December 18th, 2007, 03:39 AM
I think you refer to the League of Extremely Elite Extraordinary Emos, also known as LEEEE.