Something Adam Said - Spoilers for 2x8 "Four Months Ago"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something Adam Said - Spoilers for 2x8 "Four Months Ago"

I found something Adam said in "Four Months Ago" to be interesting.

Spoiler:
    When Adam is talking to Peter, Peter wants to know how long Adam has been a prisoner and Adam tells him 3 decades. He then said they'd have killed him a long time ago if they could figure out how.

I think it's safe to assume that by removing the brain of somebody with Cellular Regeneration it would effectively kill them. We've been led to believe that Sylar has killed Claire on two separate occasions (although both times the time lines were altered to never have happened.) Hayden Panettiere has even stated in an interview that if an object would be left lodged in Claire's brain for too long, she may not be able to regenerate. Based on this information, the Company surely could have figured out a way to kill Adam, unless there is something they aren't telling us about how the cellular regeneration works.

Did anybody else notice this inconsistency?

Yeah even if they just stuck something in his head and then pulled it out if they ever needed him for something. A stick in the brain would almost be equal to suspended animation in his case...
    sigpic

Comment

It's possible (even likely considering he wanted to get Peter to break him out) that Adam was lying, perhaps the Company were using him as part of their research into developing a cure or had some other reason to keep him alive.

Or Adam's ability might not be identical to Claire's. His abilty might be subtly different so that the brain stab doesn't work.
      I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Maybe Adam and Bob are working together. Yes?

Whilst it may not seem obvious at the moment (and it isn't obvious) you just can't rule out the possability. I doubt the company knew that Peter was going to become this way 30 years in the past, thus, when they first found Adam, they could / should have simply killed him.

The only theory I can think up, is that Bob has some sort of connection to Adam that we've not yet been made aware of.
        sigpic
        It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Tycoon View Post
          Maybe Adam and Bob are working together. Yes?

Whilst it may not seem obvious at the moment (and it isn't obvious) you just can't rule out the possability. I doubt the company knew that Peter was going to become this way 30 years in the past, thus, when they first found Adam, they could / should have simply killed him.

The only theory I can think up, is that Bob has some sort of connection to Adam that we've not yet been made aware of.
          Well it could be that Bob and Adam are working together. I mean Bob DID just let him and Peter walk out of there untouched. Crappy writing or evidence of a Bob/Adam alliance? You decide...
          sigpic

Comment

It's possible That what Adam meant was that Bob was looking for something specific that could kill him, as opposed to the obvious. As in something, viral, chemical etc. that they could easily employ should they come across another one like him. They probably wanted to know the limits of what he could recover from without hacking off his head.....unless that grows back too..creepy.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
              It's possible That what Adam meant was that Bob was looking for something specific that could kill him, as opposed to the obvious. As in something, viral, chemical etc. that they could easily employ should they come across another one like him. They probably wanted to know the limits of what he could recover from without hacking off his head.....unless that grows back too..creepy.
              If they did cut oh his head highlander style, would the head grow back on the body, or would a new body grow from the head, or both?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Iceman View Post
                If they did cut oh his head highlander style, would the head grow back on the body, or would a new body grow from the head, or both?
                That is so disturbing to think about. I don't think we'll be finding that out in any episode any time soon.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Iceman View Post
                  Heh, well since the brain plays such an important role in the regeneration process, I think a new body would grow from the severed head.
                  Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                  Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                  Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                  --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                    Heh, well since the brain plays such an important role in the regeneration process, I think a new body would grow from the severed head.
                    I think I can go through the rest of my life happily without ever seeing a CGI representation of that event.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

i was thinking that... they should just sever his head from his body. and then hack up his brains but then would he regrow from several small brain pieces? i'm thinking of an adam army here now.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
                        I think I can go through the rest of my life happily without ever seeing a CGI representation of that event.
                        Same here. IMO, that would be a little too much.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Keep in mind that Hiro blew Adam up with a whole lot of gun powder 400 years ago. His body was burned beyond all recognition, and he managed to survive that. I would think that, with another 400 years of time to work with the power, Adam's probably very difficult to kill.
                          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Well... I think if you remove the brain then Adam/Claire/Peter will die. As Sylar did manage to kill Claire in the first season in two different timelines. The first time he was stopped by Peter and the second was when he pretended to be Nathan.

So there is definitely a way to kill them, not sure if it has to do with cutting off the head ala Highlander or if simply enough brain damage will suffice. Such as somebody tearing off the top of your head and then eating your brains

Ace
                            "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Claire never died, at least not that we know of.

While it is possible that she originally died when Peter saved her, Future Hiro came from a timeline where she never actually died because Bennett kept her hidden so Hiro only believed it. The whole Sylar explosion/regeneration thing was just to keep blame from Peter so he shouldn't have had her powers in any timeline unless he went back to warn peter, then arrived in different timeline because of it.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X