This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    Really? We've been getting solid eps all season and this is no exception.
    Personally, I was a bit disappointed by the first few episodes, especially after reading up on how good they were gonna be. They progressively started getting better but were still going a little slow. It wasn't until this episode that I finally got the feeling that this season is gonna turn out awesome.
    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      Uh that was new though it looked completly different. It wasn't reused I thought it was great.
      Then you need to rewatch The Hive again. Particularly when the two hive ships blow up. The one further blows up first, the shockwave destroys the other, the other burns for a second before being blown in two and then blown into smithereens. The weapons fire may have also been slowed down somewhat and the darts removed, but it was the same scene. They were also facing the same direction.

I'm not saying that it ruined the episode for me. The episode was still a 9/10.
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
        Personally, I was a bit disappointed by the first few episodes, especially after reading up on how good they were gonna be. They progressively started getting better but were still going a little slow. It wasn't until this episode that I finally got the feeling that this season is gonna turn out awesome.
        Agreed! This episode is basically um how can I describe it, as lighting the fuse to a very large firecracker!
        sigpic

Comment

Anyone else notice the offworld Stargate? It looked obviously digital and was more yellowy orangey than Pegasus 'Gates used to be.
          When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
          Zatnikitelman

Comment

I think they might have slightly changed it, got rid of the darts or something, but that's about it...

Comment

Jelgate's Two Cents
              I had high expectation for this episode. Those expectations were not only met but exceeded. Its nice to see that we learned our lesson the last time we had an alliance with the Wraith.?* Working with them was a very dangerous thing and could easuily have costed the destruction of Atlantis. I can sum of the CGI shots in one word:MAGNIFICENT.It was very nice to see some aspects of the Asuran/Wraith War and how desperate both sides had become. To resort to tatics of killing worlds to stop food for the Wraith was horrific.?* And on to Carter. I found it very enjoyable?* to see her strugle with her decisions?*on Atlantis and having to put up with that ****** Woosley. I probably would have resorted to punching in the face. Davos was an interesting character, too actually be able to see the future is amazing even if its scienctifically imposible.?* Now we don't have to put spoilers around words describing her pregancy. I'm just wondering when the Atalntis team will find out. I dare you to tell me Keller was annoying in this episode. What limitied?* time she had was solid acting. Ronon and Teyla didn't do much in this episode?* but that is to be expected in a space episode. We still don't know much about the Athosians. Personally, I want it be an ongoing search for about. We learn a little bit every episode until we finally find them. McKay was incredibly calm in this episode doing what he does best. I'm glad he has evolved past his whinning. Sheppard was Sheppard nothing great nothing bad. I will end with this speculation, the attack Carter sees will appear in the mid-season three parter. Surperb job. Allan.
              Favorite Quote
              Sheppard:Its not like were dating
              and that is Jelgate's two cents
              ?*
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
                Anyone else notice the offworld Stargate? It looked obviously digital and was more yellowy orangey than Pegasus 'Gates used to be.
                The gates have appeared more CG as of late. This will however be the most computer generated season to air.

Comment

Despite the presence of a Seer, this episode was very unpredictable. Which is a good thing.

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

Okay--wraith humor made the ep. LMAO...the only thing that could have made that joke funnier is if Sam where to place her hands behind her back.

I like RP and he did a great job but I do get tired of woosely's whining.
                    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                      Despite the presence of a Seer, this episode was very unpredictable. Which is a good thing.
                      I think that is what made this episode very interesting. You did not know who to trust.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think the more they get into the individual wraith characters the better the show gets.
                        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          I think that is what made this episode very interesting. You did not know who to trust.
                          That episode made it one of the best this season. Just when you think it's Allies redux boom we're rewarded with a tremendous surprise, I honestly thought that last communique and then the powering up of weapons was at would result in Sheppard destroying the hive, but instead, the two hives did in each other.

Comment

I really liked this episode!! I have been waiting all season for a sit on the edge of your seat not sure what's going to happen episode. For once I don't have something to complain about.

No, wait, I lie.... the wraith makeup was awful, umm, dreadlocks? The dude needed a shower.

I loved the scene between Rodney and John when they were discussing about trusting a wraith and John was being like a comforting father figure to Rodney who was just fustrated. I liked seeing an interaction between them besides the normal bickering/banter.

Loved the interaction between Carter and Woolsey, the "Woolsey Shut up" line was priceless. She handles him so well.

And of course, LOL at the wraith joke, though, I thought the jaffa joke was a bit funnier.

I saw the ending coming a mile away with the wraith hives, I mean, come on, HOW many times now have two wraith ships showed up and just when we thought they were gonna blow us to bits... and then oh wait, they are destroying each other! Everybody be happy! ......been there done that, it's getting old, NEXT!

Maybe things are looking up for this season, so far it's just seemed like a bunch of random episodes remotely strung together, no real story arch, no direction (or... if there was a story arch in the beginning I've forgotten it by now because it wasn't that interesting). Now we might finally have something to work on, I hope they play alot on this virus and the replicators coming to destroy Atlantis. That could make for a good season if they play it right.

I give this one a 9.5 out of 10, I really liked it. Next week looks, meh, okay, could be funny. But I liked this episode, favorite so far

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

The wraith have become so complexed now. The first season it was like, all they are are aliens that suck the life out of you. Now they are a deeper more complexed enemy, and who knows how this war is going to turn out.
                              sigpic

Comment

Good episode. I was kinda disa pointed that this ended without having the Replicators attack, but I realized that it's more realistic and will be some nice set up for later on. I did like that the ep ended with the CG wraith still working w/ Rodney on the virus, that along with the Teyla pregnancy/Athosian story definatly shows that this season with be more arcy than previous one's which is a plus. I liked the Carter Woolsey stuff. And the wraith joke was great. I actually was thinking when Carter introduced herself it would funny if he tried to shake hands and then when he did it I thought it was hilarious. I liked the way he laughed about it after he said it, really sold the whole thing. The seer was a good casting choice, I liked him. Overall, 8/10. This season really is shaping up to be good. Miller's Crossing preview looked good. Too bad we have to wait two weeks for it.

Perfecto!

Comment

Working...
                                X