This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unfinished business music?

Hiya all. New to the forum and have a question about the music from BSG Series 3 Episode 9 'Unfinished Business'. After Lee and Kara finish beating the crap out of eachother, a beautiful violin piece plays when they collapse into eachother. Anyone know the name of this music?

Cheers, Anubis.

Here are the songs from the Unfinished Business episode from the BSG Soundtrack s3

"Violence and Variations" (from "Unfinished Business") [7:42]
    "The Dance" (from "Unfinished Business") [2:33]
    "Adama Falls" (from "Unfinished Business") [1:46]
    "Fight Night" (from "Unfinished Business") [2:27]

Comment

Already tried mate doesnt seem to be any of those listed. This is driving me nuts.

Comment

Isn't that one of the songs where McCreary rip offs Hans Zimmer's soundtrack for Black Hawk Down

Have you heard the piece playing in the movie Black Hawk down ?
        Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
        They had to fake the ratings
        They had to fake the ratings.
        Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

Originally posted by Kick-Kinsey View Post
          Isn't that one of the songs where McCreary rip offs Hans Zimmer's soundtrack for Black Hawk Down

Have you heard the piece playing in the movie Black Hawk down ?
          I'm guessing you're talking about Roslin & Adama's theme (Adama Falls from the Season 3 soundtrack), which does actually sound a heck of a lot like 'Leave No Man Behind' from Black Hawk Down. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a 'rip-off', but McCreary's pieces certainly do sound like they were influenced by Zimmer's awesome composure.

But then, one man's "rip-off" is another's "homage". To each his own, I guess. Personally, I just dig the BSG soundtracks too damn much to care.
          Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
          Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
          Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
          - Serenity

Comment

It does sound a bit like "Black Hawk Down" but at least it only sound vaguely like it and not like Harry Gregson Williams and the main theme from Narnia that was stolen one to one from "13th Warrior" by Jerry Goldsmith. I can't listen to the Narnia score for many reasons (really, really bad mixing) but this is the main reason why the score pisses me off.
            He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
            He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
            And he's wonderful.

Comment

Working...
            X