Adam Monroe - SPOILERS Included

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam Monroe - SPOILERS Included

First introduced as Kensei over in Japan, and then with all that business between him and Hiro, the minute I saw him at the end of episode 7, I knew that he was the one responsible for the death of Sulu (can't remember Hiro's Dad's name).

We now know that Kensei has renamed himself Adam, and has befriended Peter. We obviously know that he is a bad guy from what we've been given, though I do wonder what he is doing with Peter, and what he has planned...
    Spoiler:
    My only guess, would be that he wants most of the global population to die, knowing that he will be immune, he is just out to hurt everyone, and needs the virus released to do so).
    I also wonder what the connection is between him and Parkman's Dad. I could have sworn Bob said that Parkman's Dad was named Adam, or was under the influence of Adam or something...

What are your thoughts on the matter? What do you guys think Adam is really up to?
    sigpic
    It's Probin' Time!

Have you seen 2x8 yet?

Adam told Peter at the end of 2x7, which you've seen that he wants Peter's help in changing history. This may allude to the fact that Adam wants to change the events that happened in feudal Japan.

Bob mentioned that Adam was behind the killing of Kato Nakimura and the attempt on Agenla Petrelli but Maury Parkman was his intrument in doing so.

Spoiler:
    Bob also mentioned in 2x8 (I believe) that Adam started to believe himself to be a God and thought of wiping out the population with plagues and disasters, thus the reason why he was locked up by the 12, since escaped, and now wants revenge

Comment

It does seem plausible that Adam is planning on unleashing the virus on a global scale. It's almost certain that he killed Kato. They both went off the roof, and Adam with his healing ability was able to just get up and run way.

Adam and Hiro's relationship has to be key to how things will play out. I really wish the writers had handled Hiro in Japan better, because in light of recent events that whole thing could have been really incredible stuff.
      I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Originally posted by Tycoon View Post
        We now know that Kensei has renamed himself Adam, and has befriended Peter. We obviously know that he is a bad guy from what we've been given, though I do wonder what he is doing with Peter, and what he has planned...
        I have this wild and completely unsubstantiated theory that Adam arranged for Mr and Mrs Petrelli to have Peter much in the same way that Linderman did with Nikki and DL. It makes sense since Linderman was Adam's disciple. He could have learned this tactic from Adam. Adam could have known they would have an offspring that was an empath and he would have his new "blunt instrument" to use for his revenge. Plus to use a son or daughter of his former partners would add insult to injury. I don't know. I'm probably wrong...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jrd231 View Post
          Have you seen 2x8 yet?

Adam told Peter at the end of 2x7, which you've seen that he wants Peter's help in changing history. This may allude to the fact that Adam wants to change the events that happened in feudal Japan.

Bob mentioned that Adam was behind the killing of Kato Nakimura and the attempt on Agenla Petrelli but Maury Parkman was his intrument in doing so.

Spoiler:
          Bob also mentioned in 2x8 (I believe) that Adam started to believe himself to be a God and thought of wiping out the population with plagues and disasters, thus the reason why he was locked up by the 12, since escaped, and now wants revenge
          I remember Bob saying there was a connection between Adam and Matt's Dad (can't remember the blokes name). I didn't catch all he said though, I was too busy trying to understand what was going on

Originally posted by cheese View Post
          It does seem plausible that Adam is planning on unleashing the virus on a global scale. It's almost certain that he killed Kato. They both went off the roof, and Adam with his healing ability was able to just get up and run way.
          I think I share your thoughts on this matter. Especially with Adam thinking of himself as a 'God'.

I no doubt suspect though, that there will be a twist with Adam, one that we wont see coming.

Originally posted by Buddhawasanancient View Post
          I have this wild and completely unsubstantiated theory that Adam arranged for Mr and Mrs Petrelli to have Peter much in the same way that Linderman did with Nikki and DL. It makes sense since Linderman was Adam's disciple. He could have learned this tactic from Adam. Adam could have known they would have an offspring that was an empath and he would have his new "blunt instrument" to use for his revenge. Plus to use a son or daughter of his former partners would add insult to injury. I don't know. I'm probably wrong...
          Possible... I wouldn't rule it out. Not yet anyway...
          sigpic
          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

At the moment, I'm very confused about Kensei/Adam. I have a gut feeling that he is definitely evil, but many of the characters on Heroes must be viewed in shades of gray. I really believe that things may not be totally as they seem.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Tycoon View Post
              I remember Bob saying there was a connection between Adam and Matt's Dad (can't remember the blokes name). I didn't catch all he said though, I was too busy trying to understand what was going on
              All he said was that Matt's dad is his pawn. Not even a disciple. just a pawn.

Comment

Maybe Adam had an affair with Ma Petrelli and is Nathan's biological father. That would connect him to Claire, and mean that his particular power just skipped a generation.
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Well... seeing as Linderman was Adam's disciple. I'm sure that Adam is after the Shanti virus to kill of the 90-odd% of the human population, as Linderman's plan for a nuke/Peter to go off in New York failed. He is certainly up to something evil and is using Peter to some kind of end.

I personally preferred good Adam/Kensei over evil Adam and am hoping that he will come to his senses eventually. Hiro will probably have something to do with this.

I'm not sure I like the whole Adam is Nathan's father... just seems cheesy to me. So was the idea of him being an empath like Peter. I'm glad they decided he only has the regenerative power.

Ace
                  "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

I do not think that we know the full extent of Adam's power. He had control of Matt's dad even though Matt's dad can manipulate the brain. I don't know about you but I would think that a person w/ that kind of power would be able to fend off an immortal. Just lock the guy away in a fantasy land. Or maybe Adam can overcome that power. I don't know. I hope it is explained in a future episode.

Also how would a man who is locked away for 30 years know about the Shanti virus? He might know that it kills people like him but he does not know that it can cross over into the normal population. I doubt Elle had enough time to tell him all that info. She most likely doesn't know anything about that project.

If you haven't guessed I'm not a big fan of the writing this season. I think that the strike is actually good for Heroes. It'll def come back for a 3rd season AND Kring can really work on deveoping the storylines. Maybe figure out a way to kill off a few characters.

Comment

We don't know that Adam had any kind of control over any of the Company people. He may have convinced Parkman's dad to influence them somehow though. It's interesting that he's the badguy because he's taking out all the Company big wigs, who have also been portrayed as the bad guys.

It's unfortunate that the current season is being cut short by the writer's strike. The whole story line really could have played out really well with all the extra time.
                      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I'm not sure we should be taking what bob says to be true. Just because he says Adam was evil doesn't mean he is, i think it just means he is against the company (which we know)

The shanti virus will have to mutate soon if it is to kill 90% of the pop, currently it only effects heroes. If anyones ability is likely to mutate a virus i would think it will be someone who can regenerate cell's. Maybe Adam unintentionally mutates the virus. Bob gives Adam the virus to stop him, it mutates in him and transfers over to the normal population thus killing 90%

I dont think Adam has a literal hold over matt's dad. i think it might just be because Adam is charismatic and so matt's dad follows him and belives the same things he does.

Another theory could be he uses his blood to control people. when he puts his blood into people it regenerates based on adam. so it rebuilds their brains to think like him. Not have actual control but make their thought processes very similar thus easy to talk into what adam want them to do. if that makes sence

Comment

Call me crazy but I think Adam will turn out to be a good guy. lol

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                            Well... seeing as Linderman was Adam's disciple. I'm sure that Adam is after the Shanti virus to kill of the 90-odd% of the human population, as Linderman's plan for a nuke/Peter to go off in New York failed. He is certainly up to something evil and is using Peter to some kind of end.
                            A plausible theory here. Makes the most sense.

Originally posted by Phenix View Post
                            Also how would a man who is locked away for 30 years know about the Shanti virus? He might know that it kills people like him but he does not know that it can cross over into the normal population. I doubt Elle had enough time to tell him all that info. She most likely doesn't know anything about that project.
                            As I stated here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=48685 maybe, just maybe, Adam is working with Bob. Thus, Bob would have told him all he needed to know.

Originally posted by NationOfJoe View Post
                            I dont think Adam has a literal hold over matt's dad. i think it might just be because Adam is charismatic and so matt's dad follows him and belives the same things he does.
                            Maybe Adam has a power that we do not yet know about..?

Originally posted by NationOfJoe View Post
                            Another theory could be he uses his blood to control people. when he puts his blood into people it regenerates based on adam. so it rebuilds their brains to think like him. Not have actual control but make their thought processes very similar thus easy to talk into what adam want them to do. if that makes sence
                            I'm not seeing this one... though a resonable theory, I just can't see anyone taking to it.
                            Last edited by Aerilon; 21 November 2007, 10:11 AM.
                            sigpic
                            It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775 View Post
                              Call me crazy but I think Adam will turn out to be a good guy. lol
                              It is hard to tell. It could really go either way. Most of these characters aren't black or white-type characters. They have to be viewed in shades of gray.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X