PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for season 5?

Merlin1701
November 15th, 2007, 08:30 AM
As we all will know the planned strike may/will effect the writers of stargate. so lets bulk up the ranks and start sprouting the ideas for the next season!

Alipeeps
November 15th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Currently the strike is not affecting the Stargate writers, most of whom I think are Canadian, other than Carl Binder. And really, coming up with episode ideas for next season is not going to help in any way at the production don't accept any external submissions.. plus it's kinda hard to posit possible storylines for Season 5 when we don't yet know what's going to happen in Season 4.

Not saying you can't propose all the story ideas you want... just saying it has no connection to and won't in any way help the strike situation.

jelgate
November 15th, 2007, 09:18 AM
The WGA strike has no merit for SGA considering that a majority of the writers are from the Red Maple leaf. Its too soon to guess about Season 5 considering that we have only seen 7 episode of SGA. Talk to me in Febuary and I'll tell somw possible ATlantis episodes

Reefgirl
November 15th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Sack all the writers and start again, that's the best idea for S5

CalmStorm
November 15th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Sack all the writers and start again, that's the best idea for S5

Why not. Get rid of some of the writers and exec producers at the same rate they are sacking members of the "main cast." It's just the way of the business right? ;)

Seems only fair, as the replacement characters are basically delivering the same lines as those they replaced. Same character traits, different actor. Perhaps it's not the actors who need continual replacing.

Integrabyte
November 15th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Cancel it whilst it has ratings :P

PG15
November 15th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Continue whatever they're doing in Season 4; I'm lovin' it.

It feels so good to be enjoying something.

Briangate78
November 15th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Continue whatever they're doing in Season 4; I'm lovin' it.

It feels so good to be enjoying something.

I agree! Season 3 and 4 so far have been great! Keep it up! I am hoping for a Season 6, 7 and so on if it stays this good! :p

Falcon Horus
November 15th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Another reset... Back to the season 1, 2 & 3 feel of the show. Cause the current reset ain't working so well, in my opinion.

Let's pretend season 4 never happened, just some bad AU. Except Missing cause well Teyla could use the boost...

Briangate78
November 15th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Another reset... Back to the season 1, 2 & 3 feel of the show. Cause the current reset ain't working so well, in my opinion.

Let's pretend season 4 never happened, just some bad AU. Except Missing cause well Teyla could use the boost...

How about a Full Circle?

Falcon Horus
November 15th, 2007, 02:16 PM
How about a Full Circle?

What do you mean?

Briangate78
November 15th, 2007, 02:19 PM
What do you mean?

Everything goes back to the way it was. Sorta like Season 7 of SG-1 when Daniel returned. Honestly, It would make some people happy but not everyone, ya know?

Caldwell's 2IC
November 15th, 2007, 02:29 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/sheish/samp25dd28cf066cd4f3.jpg

jenks
November 15th, 2007, 02:39 PM
One step forward two steps back? No thanks.

Falcon Horus
November 15th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Everything goes back to the way it was. Sorta like Season 7 of SG-1 when Daniel returned. Honestly, It would make some people happy but not everyone, ya know?

Ah, I get it.

But the way it's going right now... not everyone happy either. I know there can't be a "right" way so everybody's happy (I applaud the person who can do that).

I suggest we cancel the show completely and they start over with Universe. Although, on second thought... Nope not a good idea, both the cancellation and Universe. They'll screw it up just the same.

A complete make over for the writers and their muses, so they can come up with something fresh, or at least something that looks fresh.

Briangate78
November 15th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Ah, I get it.

But the way it's going right now... not everyone happy either. I know there can't be a "right" way so everybody's happy (I applaud the person who can do that).

I suggest we cancel the show completely and they start over with Universe. Although, on second thought... Nope not a good idea, both the cancellation and Universe. They'll screw it up just the same.

A complete make over for the writers and their muses, so they can come up with something fresh, or at least something that looks fresh.

I like the direction of Season 4, I would not mind a Full Circle but I feel it could also make the show worse. But that's my opinion. I think at this point if they bring one lost chracter back in Season 5 that might be a good compromise and will keep the show in the creative direction. If characters keep getting killed off and returning it really dulls and cheapens the effects of it, imo.

siXbrownSnakes2
November 15th, 2007, 03:00 PM
returning to the way things were, would, as a writer, admit that they screwed up.

That's why they'll never go back to the way things were, even if they wanted to. because then fans would go "ahHA!" and they would feel like they were admitting a mistake.

And it was (IMO) a mistake to go away from the magic that was S1 then make all those cast changes.

Falcon Horus
November 15th, 2007, 03:06 PM
I like the direction of Season 4, I would not mind a Full Circle but I feel it could also make the show worse. But that's my opinion. I think at this point if they bring one lost chracter back in Season 5 that might be a good compromise and will keep the show in the creative direction. If characters keep getting killed off and returning it really dulls and cheapens the effects of it, imo.

Yeah, you do. And a a gazillion others do to. And I don't like it, and a gazillions others don't either. And if they change it, then a gazillions others are going to complain or cheer. Whatever they do, it will never be good enough, or it will rock (depens to which gazillion you belong).

Gazillion is just a figure of speach here.

Instead of killing and then bringing them back, they could just as well give them a new direction and bring em back. But not the way Ford went, cause that was well... Wrong.

returning to the way things were, would, as a writer, admit that they screwed up.

Yeah, and everybody knows that admitting a mistake is harder than making it.

And it was (IMO) a mistake to go away from the magic that was S1 then make all those cast changes.

I agree.

Skydiver
November 15th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Folks, if you can't discuss s5 without taking digs at each other, keep your thoughts to yourself

Part of respecting each other is tolerating each other's opinions, even those you do not agree with.

Mitchell82
November 15th, 2007, 05:31 PM

It's a tricky ballance. It could work and it could not. Full Circle is a great example of it working. It was done as a possible end with hope for SG-1 and done very well. Then they brought back a favored character and also lost a character. If they go the same route it's a tough choice. Personally they won't keep axing and bringing back people and as long as they follow the same formulae that they have the last four seasons I am going to be one happy camper.

Briangate78
November 15th, 2007, 06:21 PM
It's a tricky ballance. It could work and it could not. Full Circle is a great example of it working. It was done as a possible end with hope for SG-1 and done very well. Then they brought back a favored character and also lost a character. If they go the same route it's a tough choice. Personally they won't keep axing and bringing back people and as long as they follow the same formulae that they have the last four seasons I am going to be one happy camper.

I think Season 7 was one of the best seasons of SG-1 even if RDA's role was reduced, he was there for the key parts when it counted.

Anyway, as per SGA. I feel if one character returns from the grave or whatever then it will be fine. DJ returning was handled so well that it made, IMO the show more powerful and better actually. They can't just start bringing everyone back. I am having bad vibes for one of my favorite characters for the mid-season episodes. I hope I am wrong, we just have to wait and see. :S

But yeah I agree they need to follow the same formula and keep things real but also on a Science Fiction level as well. Um does that make any sense? :p :D

jelgate
November 15th, 2007, 06:52 PM
I think Season 7 was one of the best seasons of SG-1 even if RDA's role was reduced, he was there for the key parts when it counted. Anyway, as per SGA. I feel if one character returns from the grave or whatever then it will be fine. DJ returning was handled so well that it made, IMO the show more powerful and better actually. They can't just start bringing everyone back. I am having bad vibes for one of my favorite characters for the mid-season episodes. I hope I am wrong, we just have to wait and see. :SBut yeah I agree they need to follow the same formula and keep things real but also on a Science Fiction level as well. Um does that make any sense? :p :DI would be very:mad: if they brought back all the dead/MIA characters. Times change and actors contracts expire. Learn to roll with the change and try to accept the new character that is being introduced

majorsal
November 15th, 2007, 06:55 PM
As we all will know the planned strike may/will effect the writers of stargate. so lets bulk up the ranks and start sprouting the ideas for the next season!

well, the only real desire i have for s5 would be IF sam's in it please, she'll get a full-fledged episode of her own. :)

sally :)

Briangate78
November 15th, 2007, 07:07 PM
I would be very:mad: if they brought back all the dead/MIA characters. Times change and actors contracts expire. Learn to roll with the change and try to accept the new character that is being introduced

I feel a show should have one lost character return. It makes the story interesting and it makes fans happy and thinking as well. SG-1 had Daniel Jackson, BSG had Starbuck. If I am going to guess who will be the lucky one to return for S5 it would be Carson Beckett.

PG15
November 15th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Actually, the person I would want to return and wrap up his storyline the most would be Ford. Let him come back for one episode, get him off of the Wraith drug, and then send him home for rehabilitation. An end scene with him happily surrounded by his grandparents would be great and heartwarming.

Beckett and Weir's stories aren't finished, so we'll see where they go.

Briangate78
November 15th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Actually, the person I would want to return and wrap up his storyline the most would be Ford. Let him come back for one episode, get him off of the Wraith drug, and then send him home for rehabilitation. An end scene with him happily surrounded by his grandparents would be great and heartwarming.

Beckett and Weir's stories aren't finished, so we'll see where they go.

Yeah, that would be a nice episode. As per Beckett and Weir, I think one of these characters can pop up in Season 5 for a few guest spots, maybe even a recurring role. My money is on Carson though, what do you think?

PG15
November 15th, 2007, 07:22 PM
I'm betting on both. Hopefully we'll know by the time their respective future episodes of Season 4 have aired.

Briangate78
November 15th, 2007, 07:23 PM
I'm betting on both. Hopefully we'll know by the time their respective future episodes of Season 4 have aired.

I am really anticipating the Mid-Season 3 parter. I think it's going to be amazing. )

Skydiver
November 16th, 2007, 04:11 AM
let me point out to you guys a paragraph from the 'respecting others' rule you all agreed to when you joined this fourm

Respecting other members means that they have as much right as you to post their opinion, positive or negative, within the boundaries of the forum topic. Do not tell another member to "get lost." You do not have to respect the opinion, but you must respect that person's right to express it. (If you believe someone is violating the forum rules or posting off-topic, report the post to the moderators using the triangle icon in the upper-right corner of the post. Do not respond to the poster.)

You guys - general use of guys here - can't do this, then you either learn or you're gonna be spending a lot of time on moderation.

DISCUSS SEASON FIVE

do NOT discuss the previous seasons. We already have threads for that. Do NOT discuss each other.

Keep it on topic or keep it to yourself.

SGFerrit
November 16th, 2007, 04:28 AM
Season 4 is the best season yet. Atlantis finally has meaning, a more interesting and coherent storyline, which should begin to erupt tonight. There has been more characters development, and more quality episodes and moments than any season yet. This season has had one average episode out of 7. That is excellent IMO. And it looks like the arcs are really starting to heat up now with the likes of Missing and The Seer. Even the standalones like Tabula Rasa and Reunion have been great, and there has been much more of an attempt to alteaslt tie in previous and current plot points to the standalone episodes. Past charecters who have recently left are ACTUALLY being remembered too, which is excellent.

So for season 5, I would like them to expand on what they have done here, and push it forward even more. That would be brilliant. I would also either like to see Weir return and joun the team as Super!Liz, or die a hero, dealing a huge blow to either the Replicators or Wraith in the process.

Edit: (Just to say, I wasn't meaning to discuss the previous season here, I was using it as an example of how I would like the show to continue on in s5)

Skydiver
November 16th, 2007, 04:38 AM
what i always liked about B5 and to a lesser extent in the early seasons of sg1 was a continuing storyline. B5 is VERY tightly knit and SG1 much looser so, however it is fun and almost a 'reward' to long time viewers to bring back older plot points and tie them in.

to me it creates almost a tapestry effect.

I much prefer that over 90% bottle/episodic episodes with no build up and no fallout

so for that i am looking forward to more plot arcs for s5. more long and continuing stories and more fallout and the like from what does happen to the characters

sg8man
November 16th, 2007, 05:16 AM
I agree! Season 3 and 4 so far have been great! Keep it up! I am hoping for a Season 6, 7 and so on if it stays this good! :p

To use the sacred line:

Indeed.

Bakhesh
November 16th, 2007, 05:39 AM
I'm still a bit gutted that they decided to land on a new planet in lifeline. They could have done something genuinely different this series, and had them hurtling through space without any contact with Earth. Given the show a much edgier feel. As it is, they have landed on a planet, that for all intents and purposes, is identical to the last one. I am still hoping that there will be some episodes featuring some major differences (for example, I like the idea of the planet having very long and cold winters).

jelgate
November 16th, 2007, 05:42 AM
I agree! Season 3 and 4 so far have been great! Keep it up! I am hoping for a Season 6, 7 and so on if it stays this good! :pI may be to much of an optimist but if the ratings stay the same, a S6?* could be a realistic possibility.

Jumper_One
November 16th, 2007, 05:55 AM
what i always liked about B5 and to a lesser extent in the early seasons of sg1 was a continuing storyline. B5 is VERY tightly knit and SG1 much looser so, however it is fun and almost a 'reward' to long time viewers to bring back older plot points and tie them in.

to me it creates almost a tapestry effect.

I much prefer that over 90% bottle/episodic episodes with no build up and no fallout

so for that i am looking forward to more plot arcs for s5. more long and continuing stories and more fallout and the like from what does happen to the characters

I agree, more plot arcs would be a great. I wouldn't compare Atlantis with B5 though. that show was awesome but it almost got cancelled every season because of its continuing plot. Atlantis on the other hand can have much more in between eps that casual viewer can enjoy too. we've already seen the beginnings of some of the s4 arcs and judging by those, I really hope this is the way they'll continue in s5

Falcon Horus
November 16th, 2007, 06:46 AM
I think Season 7 was one of the best seasons of SG-1 even if RDA's role was reduced, he was there for the key parts when it counted.

Don't you mean season 8? I mean O'Neill was very much front and center during season 7. :o

DJ returning was handled so well that it made, IMO the show more powerful and better actually.

Yes, his return may have been handled well... But the kicking JQ out of the SGC was done badly.

They can't just start bringing everyone back.

I guess I have to clarify here, that even though my signature says "Pro Heightmeyer in season 5", I don't necessarily want her to return. Want to get that out of the way here.

Beckett went boom, he'll be back. Grodin went boom, he remained dead. Ford is presumble KIA, and will probably never be seen again. Weir is MIA and will probably go KIA. Kate is KIA (well not really, just bad luck).

I don't really see the issue of bringing characters back constantly... or am I missing the point here? Probably. :S

As it is, they have landed on a planet, that for all intents and purposes, is identical to the last one.

Except for the creature Rodney mentioned, which I'm hoping we get to see some time. Probably not, it will be like the Furlings. Just a plot device. The Botany-team has been to the main land and there was no mention of the creature at all.

Briangate78
November 16th, 2007, 06:52 AM
Don't you mean season 8? I mean O'Neill was very much front and center during season 7. :o

Yes, his return may have been handled well... But the kicking JQ out of the SGC was done badly.

I guess I have to clarify here, that even though my signature says "Pro Heightmeyer in season 5", I don't necessarily want her to return. Want to get that out of the way here.

Beckett went boom, he'll be back. Grodin went boom, he remained dead. Ford is presumble KIA, and will probably never be seen again. Weir is MIA and will probably go KIA. Kate is KIA (well not really, just bad luck).

I don't really see the issue of bringing characters back constantly... or am I missing the point here? Probably. :S

Actually I think O'neill was more focused in S8 since he took over the SGC. Half the season was his transition and adjustment in his new position. S7 he seemed to be missing in more scenes than usual. Well it was all made up in Lost City! Which is still one of my favorite SG-1 eps of all time! :p

I was posting this on the SCI FI SGA forum. I think we should see one fallen/lost character return. It gives a feeling of happiness or satisfaction that someone's favorite character is still kicking. When I mean return I mean like at least a recurring role.

Carson's death was a sad excuse, but I give props to the writer who made the episode very powerful.

Falcon Horus
November 16th, 2007, 07:26 AM
I think we should see one fallen/lost character return. It gives a feeling of happiness or satisfaction that someone's favorite character is still kicking. When I mean return I mean like at least a recurring role.

Personally, it leaves a bitter taste... Why would you go through all the trouble of killing the character in the first place, when you want to bring them back later on.

I don't give a damn whose favorite character it would happen to (not even if it were my own). It makes no sense.

Anyway, season 5 ideas... It think I have said it already, don't make it a season 4 redux.

Caldwell's 2IC
November 16th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Two ideas for Season 5 :

* Good stories ( and please don't recycle old SG-1 foes... )

* Stop the main characters massacre ! No more bloodshed !

The_Carpenter
November 16th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Two ideas for Season 5 :

So that means no advanced Human foes (shadows of the Aschen), No none carbon based aliens (the race in Scorched Earth, Cold Lazerus and Doppleganger), No Robots (Tin Man and the Replicators), No ascended enemy's (the Ori), No defending primitive human tribes (they did that all the time on SG1).

Need I go on? don't mean to be insulting but any story in this kind of sci-fi and you can say but that's a take off of x,y and z.

Mitchell82
November 16th, 2007, 01:10 PM

Anyway, as per SGA. I feel if one character returns from the grave or whatever then it will be fine. DJ returning was handled so well that it made, IMO the show more powerful and better actually. They can't just start bringing everyone back. I am having bad vibes for one of my favorite characters for the mid-season episodes. I hope I am wrong, we just have to wait and see. :S

But yeah I agree they need to follow the same formula and keep things real but also on a Science Fiction level as well. Um does that make any sense? :p :D

Agreed. Bringing Ford back for a bit is the one thing I'd like just to get the story line resolved. It likely won't happen but it'd be nice. Having Weir or Carson return would be fine for a few eps too if and I stress if it made sense to the story however we really don't know "What Fate Weir" after BAMSR.

Caldwell's 2IC
November 20th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Two ideas for Season 5 :

* Stop the main characters massacre ! No more bloodshed !

So that means no advanced Human foes (shadows of the Aschen), No none carbon based aliens (the race in Scorched Earth, Cold Lazerus and Doppleganger), No Robots (Tin Man and the Replicators), No ascended enemy's (the Ori), No defending primitive human tribes (they did that all the time on SG1).

Need I go on? don't mean to be insulting but any story in this kind of sci-fi and you can say but that's a take off of x,y and z.

What I meant with bringing back old SG-1 foes was : Don't resurrect the Goa'uld and don't bring the Ori to Atlantis.

Atlantis used to have their own enemies : The Wraith. Can't we have original enemies ???

And about the bloodshed ? I meant stop killing off the main characters ( Beckett, etc. )

I hope that's clear enough.

Briangate78
November 20th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Agreed. Bringing Ford back for a bit is the one thing I'd like just to get the story line resolved. It likely won't happen but it'd be nice. Having Weir or Carson return would be fine for a few eps too if and I stress if it made sense to the story however we really don't know "What Fate Weir" after BAMSR.

Right now I am so anticipating what will happen to Weir and the fate of Carson. I'd rather not be spoiled but sometimes people post speculation but it's really spoilers. Gotta be careful! :p

jelgate
November 21st, 2007, 05:17 AM
What I meant with bringing back old SG-1 foes was : Don't resurrect the Goa'uld and don't bring the Ori to Atlantis.

Atlantis used to have their own enemies : The Wraith. Can't we have original enemies ???

I take it that your talking about the Asurans. The Asurans are different then the Replicators. They fight and function entirely different than the MW Replicators. They in no way are a reuse of a SG-1. They are similiar but in no way a reuse of an SG-1 enemy. The Asurans are an Atlantis enemy on its own.

Caldwell's 2IC
November 21st, 2007, 10:41 AM
Another original enemies of Atlantis are Michael and his Superbugs. ( I don't know how else to call them...) It's going to be pretty interesting to see them in action again.

Chrysalis
November 22nd, 2007, 08:30 AM

Bring Weir back. Simple as that.

They were expecting a boost in ratings with the cast changes, even Joe Flanigan said that at the Burbank convention. They thought bringing Carter in would give them higher ratings. They've had the worst ratings for first run eps that they've ever had.

They need to get back to basics, bring back Beckett and Weir (well, we know he's back, but she needs to come home to Atlantis, too) Cutting Atlantis off from Earth would be good, too. Increase the urgency.

If they were going to bring Amanda in, they would have done much better and drawn in a bigger crowd if they'd done it with her recurring. People will tune in for one episode of a show they don't particularly like if an actor they like is on it. They won't watch for a whole season if they don't like the show. I think that's what we're seeing with Carter.

The Carter fans who liked the show were already watching. Joe Flanigan himself essentially said that at the Burbank convention. And yes, I was there, so I heard it first hand. He said Amanda was brought in to replace Torri and boost ratings.

The ones who don't like the show, as much as they like Amanda, don't feel the need to stick around and watch it. It's like someone made an analogy to Bones. They loved David B from Angel, and thought they'd give Bones a try. That was the chance to watch him again. That person said they tried, hated the show... ie: no ratings from that particular person who might have watched only for David.

gate107
November 22nd, 2007, 08:51 AM
Im only up to the "Missing" episode in Stargate Atlantis and not sure what ideas they will have for later in the season????? so fingers crossed these ideas will turn up!

But for season 5!!!:)

I would like to see a super ancient weapons factory hidden away in space with lots of new prototype devices used as defence against the wraith.

I will be also hoping if not in season 4 then in 5 -ancient criminals and a couple of super soldiers used against the wraith locked away in a storage device like in the season 3 episode "the ark" to wreak havoc on the pegasus galaxy and the wraith and the replicators that would be sweet.

I would also be hoping alot of stand alone episodes focusing on ronan and his past as I think his character is underdeveloped and would be good to see a character's past on another planet other than earth.

Im also hoping the writers read this but doubtful lol

Another ideas would be to see a stargate factory that mass produces stargates for other galaxies and to see how the ancient made their weapons and ships etc etc.

anyway fingers crossed for Stargate Atlantis here hoping the season will keep getting better and better!!!!!!!!!

scififreak23
November 22nd, 2007, 09:26 AM
BRING IN THE FURLINGS!Seriously, if they don't show those guys soon i'm gonna be pissed.

Oh, and have daniel gain back all of his memories from when he was asceneded.Maybe then we can finally have a full fledged ancient on our team.

CalmStorm
November 22nd, 2007, 02:00 PM

They were expecting a boost in ratings with the cast changes, even Joe Flanigan said that at the Burbank convention. They thought bringing Carter in would give them higher ratings. They've had the worst ratings for first run eps that they've ever had.

I think getting rid of Weir was a poor call. I like Carter and think that AT is a great actress and has done a wonderful job with the character in SG-1. However, I am very put-off by all of the cast changes. I don't think bringing AT over was going to have a significant positive impact on the ratings, or bring the mass migration of viewers they were expecting.

You kill off two characters who had a decent fan base and replace them with an existing character from the same universe doesn't seem to really add up. In all likelihood, many viewers were already watching both programs. So bringing over AT would not have that large of an impact. It is more likely that killing off two fan favorites would have a greater impact, and not the one they were looking for.

It's not the cast that needs changing ;)

SGFerrit
November 22nd, 2007, 02:10 PM

If they bring Weir back, she should be a part of Shep's team. That would provide an oppertunity for alot more development for her, and it won't seem like she is being crammed in where she isn't needed, I felt this was a mistake the writers made a few times, especially with carson. Luckily they learned their lesson with Carter and Keller, and aren't shoving them into every scene. If Weir was on Shep's team, then there would be a better excuse to have her around more, and sfter her experience on Asuras, I feel like she would fit in with the 'crew' who are constantly out in the field, especially now that she is part Replicator.

I don't see why they can't have both Carter and Weir. There are shows on TV that handle alot more characters than Atlantis does, and they manage to do it well.

Platschu
November 23rd, 2007, 12:32 PM
They should make a flashback episode for Todd:

- What part did he play at the siege of Atlantis 10000 years before?
- Did he live when the Ancients left Atlantis?
- What does he think about the expedition's arriving, the death of the Keeper, the Runners or Teyla's Wraith detecting skills?
- Could he meet with Ford, Merlin or Janus in the past?
- What did he make when he was asleep for centuries?

So there are so many ideas to show us something from the Wraith's past. :)

Briangate78
November 23rd, 2007, 01:02 PM
If they bring Weir back, she should be a part of Shep's team. That would provide an oppertunity for alot more development for her, and it won't seem like she is being crammed in where she isn't needed, I felt this was a mistake the writers made a few times, especially with carson. Luckily they learned their lesson with Carter and Keller, and aren't shoving them into every scene. If Weir was on Shep's team, then there would be a better excuse to have her around more, and sfter her experience on Asuras, I feel like she would fit in with the 'crew' who are constantly out in the field, especially now that she is part Replicator.

I don't see why they can't have both Carter and Weir. There are shows on TV that handle alot more characters than Atlantis does, and they manage to do it well.

I gotta say that anything is possible for Season 5! Heck Beckett could return full time, we don't know. That is why I have hope for certain things to happen. Anyway just as long as the show remains in quality like Season 3 and 4, then I am happy. :)

ashman2
November 23rd, 2007, 01:25 PM
For season 5 I'd like to know more about ancient technology, discover more about the city, and have a much larger expedition there, it is a city not a town, it's not like their a little tight for space. I also want to see new stuff, like not necessarily a new type of ship, but another ship would be good, a different type of 302 that can fly straight through the gate, or another ZPM or two so that things can really get moving. I know that supposedly Stargate Universe will deal with is the 9th Chevron, but when Atlantis started I really thought that we would find out then because Atlantis was the city of the ancients. I'd also like to find out where ships and Stargates were built by the ancients.

sg8man
November 27th, 2007, 08:45 PM
BRING IN THE FURLINGS!Seriously, if they don't show those guys soon i'm gonna be pissed.

It's a rule: the Furling turn up in every single thread.

Also, Daniel in a few episodes would be cool, as long as there's a logical reason for him to be there, not just as a ratings booster.

Fenrir Foxz
November 28th, 2007, 01:36 PM
It's a rule: the Furling turn up in every single thread.
Also, Daniel in a few episodes would be cool, as long as there's a logical reason for him to be there, not just as a ratings booster.

LOL... I think will all the descussion on Daniel in Atlantis season 5 there should be a campain to get him there or something...

**I'm All For A Season 5 Daniel Episode!**

J_schinderlin56
November 28th, 2007, 08:36 PM

In the words of Patrick Stewart "And then he gets Kicked in the Groin. Hahahahahahahahaha!"

sg8man
November 28th, 2007, 10:46 PM
They should make a flashback episode for Todd:

- What part did he play at the siege of Atlantis 10000 years before?
- Did he live when the Ancients left Atlantis?
- What does he think about the expedition's arriving, the death of the Keeper, the Runners or Teyla's Wraith detecting skills?
- Could he meet with Ford, Merlin or Janus in the past?
- What did he make when he was asleep for centuries?

So there are so many ideas to show us something from the Wraith's past. :)

There's an excellent idea!

Merlin1701
November 29th, 2007, 11:20 AM
I want a new class of earth ships, they have the technology.

I want to see the “super bugs” re-surface.

I come on the forums a hell of a lot, to read more than post, and most people want to see further links between SG1 & SGA. Whether its more characters from SG1 making cameos on Atlantis or storylines left open on SG1 being finished up on Atlantis…

Falcon Horus
November 29th, 2007, 11:24 AM
I come on the forums a hell of a lot, to read more than post, and most people want to see further links between SG1 & SGA. Whether its more characters from SG1 making cameos on Atlantis or storylines left open on SG1 being finished up on Atlantis…

Confused a bit...

Do you want that, or don't you want that? :S

Jumper_One
November 29th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Confused a bit...

Merlin1701 wants it

Falcon Horus
November 29th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Merlin1701 wants it

I prefer to hear it from Merlin him/herself, if you don't mind.

Jumper_One
November 29th, 2007, 03:01 PM
I prefer to hear it from Merlin him/herself, if you don't mind.

sure

PG15
November 29th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Confused a bit...

Funny; I could hear TPTB asking the fandom that question about every single thing, and never getting a straight answer.

Just sayin'. ;)

Tekken Lord
November 29th, 2007, 08:09 PM
I want an episode where the team gets stranded off world and a horde of Iratus bugs have gone crazy and are feeding on the locals, and the team just tries to survive but to do that they must find a strange energy source that McKay thinks is the cause of their problems. Big problem is it's in the nest of the Iratus bugs.

I'd also like Ford to be found and sent home, the last scene is him returning to see his grandparents.

PG15
November 29th, 2007, 08:21 PM
That kind of sounds like SG1's "The Scourge".

I'd still watch though.

Tekken Lord
November 29th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Totally forgot about "The Scourge" however Iratus bugs are cool and i want to see lots of them go crazy.

Mitchell82
November 30th, 2007, 09:48 AM
I want an episode where the team gets stranded off world and a horde of Iratus bugs have gone crazy and are feeding on the locals, and the team just tries to survive but to do that they must find a strange energy source that McKay thinks is the cause of their problems. Big problem is it's in the nest of the Iratus bugs.

I'd also like Ford to be found and sent home, the last scene is him returning to see his grandparents.

I agree with PG15 it is alot like the Scourge but a good idea. What I would really want is a revisitng of the Childhood's end planet. We get a distress call from them asking for help and when we get there all of the kids have been culled but one. The young kid that played Eliot in SG-1 (forgot his name). He says that the shield failed and the Wraith came back. With a decreasing food suply the Wraith are getting desperate. We find out that Mckay accidently drained nearly all the power from the ZPM while testing it. We find out where the Wraith went and find several of them still alive in cacoons. We then proceed to try and rescue as many as we can and in the process find a few strange comunication transmissions. We end up saving half of the kids and back on Atlantis Mckay translates the transmissions. The Wraith have allied themselves with the Asurans.

wraith form Replicator
December 4th, 2007, 05:47 AM
I would like to see more wraith history like the first wraith or a home planet and a good story as to why they left and live in hive ships. We haven't seen any ancient for a while could be a good story. I would really like a ford episode. And i would like to see Daniel stop by for tea and cake.:daniel:

Dusk
December 4th, 2007, 05:57 AM
An alliance with a non-human race, I repeat, "NON-HUMAN".

How self-centered are the writers by making every damn race a human one? "What about the Replicators?" I hear people say... they still look human! Even getting the Nox to make a comeback would be better than more human races and human enemies.. I don't know about you, but I signed up to watch a science-fiction show, not Bold and the Beautiful in space!

I never watched Farscape very much, but I can definitely agree that they did aliens better than Stargate has.

prion
December 4th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Besides WEir and Beckett returning, which I feel won't happen.

I'd like to see the Midway Station destroyed. yup, blown up, eaten by metal-munching space termites, something. Cut Atlantis off once again.

jelgate
December 4th, 2007, 08:29 AM
I'd like to see the Midway Station destroyed. yup, blown up, eaten by metal-munching space termites, something. Cut Atlantis off once again.Chances are that happens in S4 in the episode Midway.

PG15
December 4th, 2007, 03:20 PM
An alliance with a non-human race, I repeat, "NON-HUMAN".

How self-centered are the writers by making every damn race a human one? "What about the Replicators?" I hear people say... they still look human! Even getting the Nox to make a comeback would be better than more human races and human enemies.. I don't know about you, but I signed up to watch a science-fiction show, not Bold and the Beautiful in space!

I never watched Farscape very much, but I can definitely agree that they did aliens better than Stargate has.

Geez, it's not a matter of being "self-centered", it's about budget. Use your head.

I'd rather see humans that have a reason to be there (i.e. Ancients seeded them), than crap-ass forehead aliens like you see weekly on Star Trek. As for stranger creatures, well, if they had the money for the blob monster in one episode, and CGI-ed plant people in the next, I'd gladly concede your point.

But guess what? They don't.

Briangate78
December 4th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Besides WEir and Beckett returning, which I feel won't happen.

I'd like to see the Midway Station destroyed. yup, blown up, eaten by metal-munching space termites, something. Cut Atlantis off once again.

Nah see, one of these characters will return for at least a recurring role next season. Do I have to bet you another dinner? :p :D

jelgate
December 4th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Nah see, one of these characters will return for at least a recurring role next season. Do I have to bet you another dinner? :p :DI hope its Weir over Beckett. I always found her 20 times more interesting

Briangate78
December 4th, 2007, 08:06 PM
I hope its Weir over Beckett. I always found her 20 times more interesting

Hate to say this, but as much as I would prefer Weir if there was one choice, Beckett is likely the one to return. :S

I still hope there are room for multiple eps with both of these characters.

Killdeer
December 4th, 2007, 08:39 PM
I'd like to see more team episodes, and by team episode I mean Shep, Rodney, Teyla, Ronon. I was hoping for more emphasis on the team this year. While the characters seem to be getting more attention, I'm not really convinced yet that the team is. I think we've actually had less team episodes this year, due to the ongoing storyarcs. So, more team episodes. In fact, I think a big two part episode would be fun, with the team running for their lives, not being able to make contact with Atlantis and not being able to figure out why. :) Lots of whump for everyone involved. :)

I'd like to see Teyla and Rodney get an episode together, to develop their relationship. A Ronon and Rodney episode would be great too.

I'd like to hear Teyla sing again. :)

I'd like Carson to return full-time - Keller can stay recurring.

I'd like to see regular recurring appearances by Elizabeth (think Lorne or Zelenka), since I know there's no chance of her coming back as leader, but I'm not holding my breath for either one.

DeRoest
December 4th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Rodney and Ronon get sold into slavery - mark my words

PG15
December 4th, 2007, 10:11 PM
After Miller's Crossing...

I would really like to see Shep getting court-martialed. Not because I hate what he did, but because I reallly want to see the angst coming from that. Obviously I want him to NOT get kicked out of the air force at the end, but I think a lot of emotional build-up could come to a head in such an episode. Heck, I just want angst.

Redhooks
December 4th, 2007, 10:36 PM
My hope for season 5 is we finally have a big show down with the Wraith near the end of the season and almost wipe them out. Then in the season finale we are about to finish off the remainder of the Wraith when a new race shows up and wipes the Wraith out for us.

We are thankful until we get a transmission from the new aliens that says "Attention all planets of the Pegasus Galaxy, we have assumed control, we have assumed control." McKay would turn to the camera and say, "I have heard this before some where?" Then fade to black... with a one sentence statement in white: The year is now 2112.

:D :D

OK that is just combining my taste in music with my taste in TV shows.
:lol:

Cautious Explorer
December 5th, 2007, 05:43 AM
I'd like to see more team episodes, and by team episode I mean Shep, Rodney, Teyla, Ronon. I was hoping for more emphasis on the team this year. While the characters seem to be getting more attention, I'm not really convinced yet that the team is. I think we've actually had less team episodes this year, due to the ongoing storyarcs. So, more team episodes. In fact, I think a big two part episode would be fun, with the team running for their lives, not being able to make contact with Atlantis and not being able to figure out why. :) Lots of whump for everyone involved. :)

I'd like to see Teyla and Rodney get an episode together, to develop their relationship. A Ronon and Rodney episode would be great too.

I'd like to hear Teyla sing again. :)

I'd like Carson to return full-time - Keller can stay recurring.

I'd like to see regular recurring appearances by Elizabeth (think Lorne or Zelenka), since I know there's no chance of her coming back as leader, but I'm not holding my breath for either one.

I agree with you. There is no team this season, just individuals who occasionally interact. We get scenes with McKay and Sheppard, Teyla and Keller, etc. but no team all together. I miss that.

FireCat
December 5th, 2007, 09:58 AM
More Lorne.

More Zelenka.

Less Replicators.

More interesting, recurring Wraith that we get to know. Let one of them feed on Keller.

Weir and Beckett back, even if recurring - and more than just 2 or 3 episodes.

Resolve Ford's story. Let the poor kid get back home.

No more SG1 on SGA.

Dusk
December 5th, 2007, 11:59 PM
More Lorne

I used to like Lorne, but after seeing his less than graceful display in Doppelganger and Tabula Rasa, I think he's fast becoming just another Reynolds.

No more SG1 on SGA

I beg to differ. A splash of SG-1 here and there is like a splash of olive oil here and there.

Falcon Horus
December 6th, 2007, 04:47 AM
A splash of SG-1 here and there is like a splash of olive oil here and there.

Some people don't like olive oil.

Dusk
December 6th, 2007, 05:19 AM
Some people don't like olive oil.

I know, but it is very good for you.

I'm resigned to the fact that you can't please everybody. I'm sure the writers are too. But as long as they get it right most of the time, then I'm happy.

Falcon Horus
December 6th, 2007, 07:41 AM
I know, but it is very good for you.

It's healthy. :)

jelgate
December 6th, 2007, 07:54 AM
It's healthy. :)It also adds flavor to your food

Falcon Horus
December 6th, 2007, 08:09 AM
It also adds flavor to your food

I wouldn't know... I can't cook if my life depended on it. *shrug*

Also, if SG1 adds flavor to SGA... What is SGA now then?

jelgate
December 6th, 2007, 08:13 AM
I wouldn't know... I can't cook if my life depended on it. *shrug*Also, if SG1 adds flavor to SGA... What is SGA now then?Just like if you add olive oil to a piece of beef, at the core is still the beef/SGA. We still have the city, the Wraith, and have a different cast of characters.?* I still stand by having Carter and Weir in S5

maylet
December 6th, 2007, 01:39 PM
All I want is for Elizabeth to be back

PG15
December 6th, 2007, 02:42 PM
I wouldn't know... I can't cook if my life depended on it. *shrug*

Also, if SG1 adds flavor to SGA... What is SGA now then?

Delicious.

Well, to some anyway. ;)

The_Carpenter
December 6th, 2007, 04:32 PM
News from JMs blog... well not so much news as the promise of news over the weekend.

Looking ahead - Virtual dinner tomorrow, a This Mortal Coil breakdown this weekend, and sometime in the next week: missives from Baron Destructo, big season 5 news for fans of this character, and pics from the upcoming Ark of Truth screening.

Now the question is which character? Weir or maybe Baron Destructo is coming to bring terror to the Pegasus Galaxy.

Merlin1701
January 13th, 2008, 04:33 AM
Well im a bloody brill cook! The "splash" of SG1 into SGA brings a new dimension, it also draws the SG1 fans back!

Falcon Horus
January 13th, 2008, 05:40 AM
The "splash" of SG1 into SGA brings a new dimension, it also draws the SG1 fans back!

Like they weren't already watching.

Merlin1701
January 13th, 2008, 06:51 AM
some tuned out claiming SGA was too far from the SG1 that they loved.

SGFerrit
January 13th, 2008, 07:42 AM
some tuned out claiming SGA was too far from the SG1 that they loved.

It isn't supposed to be like SG-1 though...

I like the way they have introduced Sam. They have made her character evolve in roder to fit Atlantis, and she now feels like a member of the show, not SG-1, instead of changing Atlantis to suit her. That is how it happened, and IMO it was the correct way.

If SG-1 elements are used sparingly, I think it's fantastic. They are the same universe. They are expected to run together, just like the Star Trek shows. Frankly, it would be stupid and unrealistic if they never did.

Briangate78
January 13th, 2008, 08:01 AM
I love SG-1 and SGA. I want to see the shows be similar. It is the characters that truly make the show different along with the story. Both have the same concept.

If people want a different kind of Stargate, they might enjoy SGU. Which is supposed to be a total seperate series from SG-1 and SGA.

Falcon Horus
January 13th, 2008, 08:07 AM
If people want a different kind of Stargate, they might enjoy SGU. Which is supposed to be a total seperate series from SG-1 and SGA.

Until they start with the cast changes... oh, and they will!! Cause SG1 must live on in whatever means they can use.

jelgate
January 13th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Until they start with the cast changes... oh, and they will!! Cause SG1 must live on in whatever means they can use.Now thats what you call a conspiracy theory. One character appears and SG1 is taking over:s

Falcon Horus
January 13th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Now thats what you call a conspiracy theory. One character appears and SG1 is taking over:s

To me it is... Not sure on the conspiracy-theory, I'm not good at that sort of thing.

jelgate
January 13th, 2008, 08:54 AM
To me it is... Not sure on the conspiracy-theory, I'm not good at that sort of thing.Its a conspiracy thepry because Universe is still at least a year (if not more) away from airing and your already saying that SG-1 characters are going to take over.

Cautious Explorer
January 13th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Until they start with the cast changes... oh, and they will!! Cause SG1 must live on in whatever means they can use.

To me it is... Not sure on the conspiracy-theory, I'm not good at that sort of thing.

I wouldn't call it a conspiracy theory. I call it an educated guess based on past experience. IMO the current PTB haven't got any faith in their own creation and use SG-1 as their security blanket. A moment of indecision or doubt and they've got to run back and borrow more elements from the mother show. I don't see them having any more confidence in a new series.

Jumper_One
January 13th, 2008, 09:31 AM

you mean like...movies? :P seriously though just because Carter's base commander doesn't mean other members of SG-1 will come over too (and TBTB have no intention to do that). SGU is supposed to be a seperate series, it's been speculated by fans that Daniel might play an important part but so far nothing's been confirmed

Pharaoh Atem
January 21st, 2008, 08:09 PM
i wanna seem them use the damn gate often. miss the dang thing

less 304's more team adventures

kymeric
January 21st, 2008, 11:53 PM
All of these worlds are yours except europa, attempt no landings there

Ebeneezer_Goode
January 22nd, 2008, 03:43 AM
I wouldn't call it a conspiracy theory. I call it an educated guess based on past experience. IMO the current PTB haven't got any faith in their own creation and use SG-1 as their security blanket. A moment of indecision or doubt and they've got to run back and borrow more elements from the mother show. I don't see them having any more confidence in a new series.

TPTB have shown this season more than any that they have confidence in their creation, Atlantis has finally started to become a show of its own rather than just a copy of SG-1. Atlantis is less like SG-1 now than it has ever been, the cast changes are irrelevant. And how does putting SG-1 characters guest roles on SGA make the show more like SG-1? If anything it deviates even more from the SG-1 formula...

Killdeer
January 22nd, 2008, 08:28 AM
less 304's more team adventures

I agree with that.

Mitchell82
January 22nd, 2008, 03:45 PM
TPTB have shown this season more than any that they have confidence in their creation, Atlantis has finally started to become a show of its own rather than just a copy of SG-1. Atlantis is less like SG-1 now than it has ever been, the cast changes are irrelevant. And how does putting SG-1 characters guest roles on SGA make the show more like SG-1? If anything it deviates even more from the SG-1 formula...

Agreed.

SiriusNight
January 25th, 2008, 02:47 AM
I would like to see FRAN come back. I think it would be good to see some interaction with her and mckay. maybe some romance. It would be kinda funny.
Weir back, but only as a bad guy.
Ronon runs into his buddy that betrayed him and dealing with that some more.
Teyla dealing with the death of her babys father only to learn he wasnt really the father. Have it be up in the air for a while and after the baby is born learn michael used sheppards dna. shame on you michael.
Carson is back and having a hard time dealing with what michael had him do while with him. He experimented on the athosians and turned them in to hybrids like michael.
Dr. Keller could have some good moments with having carson back and them working together. Also, Ronon and her could develop nicely and maybe marry in the gateroom. There could be a good story with her and team being captured by the wraith and nabel showing up again. It would be great to see Ronons reaction to her being in danger and it could be wonderful to see her show some strength and have to fight him on her own.
Maybe have Lorne be a potential love interest for teyla. maybe a triangle. teyla/john/lorne.
Maybe have a story where kellers father dies or is close to dying since he is her last relative.
Also jeanie has to come back. love her.
ok well that's what I think. Hope it made sense

YutheGreat
January 27th, 2008, 03:00 AM
More of Todd.

Jack and Sam at dinner on Atlantis. Romantic or otherwise. I have the image stuck in my head I don't know where it came from.

304s incapacitated either recalled to handle the Ori threat at home or destroyed in a battle with the Ori.

Ebeneezer_Goode
January 27th, 2008, 03:17 AM
More of Todd.

Jack and Sam at dinner on Atlantis. Romantic or otherwise. I have the image stuck in my head I don't know where it came from.

304s incapacitated either recalled to handle the Ori threat at home or destroyed in a battle with the Ori.

The Ori have already been defeated.

Fenrir Foxz
January 27th, 2008, 03:54 AM
The Ori have already been defeated.

:indeed:
The evens of AoT take place before S4 of Atlantis... .

Lythisrose
January 28th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Picking up on an idea from one of the Harmony threads, I'd love to see a Ronon and Teyla episode, and hope there would be moments where they comment on what they think of the rest of the team and these strange people from the Milky Way galaxy. :) :ronan: :teyla:

Platschu
January 29th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Picking up on an idea from one of the Harmony threads, I'd love to see a Ronon and Teyla episode, and hope there would be moments where they comment on what they think of the rest of the team and these strange people from the Milky Way galaxy. :) :ronan: :teyla:

What can be better? A Teal'c-Vala-Ronon-Teyla episode! :D

Lythisrose
January 29th, 2008, 08:57 AM
What can be better? A Teal'c-Vala-Ronon-Teyla episode! :D

Indeed :tealc:

PG15
January 29th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I thought up a story idea last night.

Given what happened in BAMSR, the Wraith now knows that we have some uberweapons, and they'd probably want to get their hands on it to either 1). find a defense for them or 2). find a way to incorporate them into their own ships.

So imagine an episode where the Apollo or Daedalus is called to some area of space, which turns out to be a trap. The moment it exits hyperspace, 6 Hives appear and start pummeling it. After an intense battle, 5 out of the 6 hives have been severely damaged, their weapons offline, while the last hive is fairing slightly better. The Apollo/Daedalus, meanwhile, has been worn down considerably, and finally the last hive manages to take out its shields and weapons. The hive then takes out its comrades (because they're treacherous like that), and, using darts, guides the massively-damaged Apollo/Daedalus into its massive dart bay in order to study it (and feed on the crew). The rest of the episodes consist of a constant battle of wits as the Wraith attempts to take control of the ship while we're within the hive.

I always loved episodes like The Siege and The Eye where our heroes have to constantly react to new problems with ingenius solutions, and I think something like this would go a long way towards getting that feeling again. It'll also provide a good opportunity to develop either Ellis or Caldwell.

JohnRico
January 29th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I want to see McKay & Carter blow up the Pegasus Galaxy. That will end all of their problems ;)

Platschu
January 29th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Here is my gate related story idea : What if the gate system's automatic refresh program (the Ancient version of Avenger) begin to evolve, so the Pegasus gates will send their program into the MW gates through Midway? They don't need to call an other gate with wormhole, because they can reach each other in subspace. I think this move can cause a great chaos, how to solve the confusion of the two gate system. ;)

Mitchell82
January 29th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Here is my gate related story idea : What if the gate system's automatic refresh program (the Ancient version of Avenger) begin to evolve, so the Pegasus gates will send their program into the MW gates through Midway? They don't need to call an other gate with wormhole, because they can reach each other in subspace. I think this move can cause a great chaos, how to solve the confusion of the two gate system. ;)

Will Felger be involved?;)

Platschu
January 29th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Maybe. :)

It would be interesting to see a Dr. Zelenka-Dr. Lee episode, where the two secondary scientist will save the day. ;)

I can imagine a purely medical episode, where Dr. Lam, Dr. Keller, Dr. Beckett (+ Dr. Fraiser) will speak about their work and alien technologies in front of an audience in the SGC. :)

dasNdanger
January 29th, 2008, 11:54 AM
If they keep Todd around, I would love to see either a Todd and Rodney episode (something a bit light, I think, centering around 'hunger' - since Rodney worries about feeding as much as Wraith do), or a Todd and Ronon episode (one where Ronon is forced to trust Todd - but NOT like Common Ground, that's already been done). For the Ronon/Todd episode, I'd like it to be a survival thing - like a crash landing on a hostile planet. In the end, I'd like to see Ronon actually do the unthinkable, and save Todd's life...I mean, it just would be such a huge leap for Ronon to go from wanting to kill every Wraith he sees, to actually saving one. But at the same time, I'm kinda tired of 'us' always coming to Todd's rescue - I think it's time for him to come to 'ours' in some spectacular way...IF he survives into S5.

das

Mitchell82
January 29th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Maybe. :)

It would be interesting to see a Dr. Zelenka-Dr. Lee episode, where the two secondary scientist will save the day. ;)

I can imagine a purely medical episode, where Dr. Lam, Dr. Keller, Dr. Beckett (+ Dr. Fraiser) will speak about their work and alien technologies in front of an audience in the SGC. :)

You do realize Fraiser is no longer among the living right?

Platschu
January 29th, 2008, 11:59 AM
You do realize Fraiser is no longer among the living right?
She will visit the team from an alternate reality or there is a RepliJanet solution with McKay's newest technology. :cool:

Mitchell82
January 29th, 2008, 12:01 PM
She will visit the team from an alternate reality or there is a RepliJanet solution with McKay's newest technology. :cool:

RepliJanet? Hmmm.

Jumper_One
January 29th, 2008, 12:05 PM
RepliJanet? Hmmm.

a fourth RepliSomeone may be a little too much

Platschu
January 29th, 2008, 12:05 PM
What about a RepliRepliCarter or a RepliSix played by Tricia Helfer? :lol:

Mitchell82
January 29th, 2008, 12:07 PM
What about a RepliRepliCarter or a RepliSix played by Tricia Helfer? :lol:

With or without clothing?;)

jelgate
January 29th, 2008, 12:09 PM

Get your mind out of the gutter.

*runs to tell Mitchell82's wife*

Platschu
January 29th, 2008, 12:11 PM
The replicating of clothes are difficult nowadays. :lol:

Mitchell82
Get your mind out of the gutter.

*runs to tell Mitchell82's wife*

Nah I like it here.;)

Jumper_One

you even have to ask??? :lol:

Merlin1701
January 31st, 2008, 12:03 AM
Bring Back FRAN!!!!

Merlin1701
January 31st, 2008, 12:18 AM
I would like to see the hunt for Excalibur a prototype Atlantean warship that would start in the PG and end in the MW. The hunt takes them to our moon where the “sword” was put in the stone/rock. A later episode sees RDA come to Atlantis in command of it.

The start of the “Bring Back Fran” riot far better than the “Bring Back Rainbow Sun Francks” campaign as its much easier to type! Fran could be the new McKay love interest, just give her a solid outer structure. I’m sensing McKay babies, try explaining that in biology class; the sperm cells make there way up to the nanite egg, to begin integration.

Jason Momoa has chopped off the ever expanding dreadlocks; now put him in a SGA uniform but with a long sleeveless leather coat over the top…plus sword, blaster, p90, 4 daggers, etc. This way he becomes more of a team member but still keeps the look.

Mitchell82
January 31st, 2008, 10:22 AM
you even have to ask??? :lol:

Nah. I'd ask for pic but this is a family site.;):mckay:

Platschu
January 31st, 2008, 11:40 AM
Nah. I'd ask for pic but this is a family site.;):mckay:
Ehh... Sometimes I feel it differently. :cough:

Mitchell82
January 31st, 2008, 12:45 PM
Ehh... Sometimes I feel it differently. :cough:

:lol:

maylet
February 1st, 2008, 05:03 PM
I've been wondering how episode 100 is going to be

Falcon Horus
February 1st, 2008, 05:05 PM
I've been wondering how episode 100 is going to be

The end?

Jumper_One
February 1st, 2008, 05:09 PM
The end?

...of s5 ;)

Crazy Tom
February 1st, 2008, 05:13 PM
The end?

*hands over a crystal ball*

Do it properly:p

Bring Back FRAN!!!!

I would like to see the hunt for Excalibur a prototype Atlantean warship that would start in the PG and end in the MW. The hunt takes them to our moon where the “sword” was put in the stone/rock. A later episode sees RDA come to Atlantis in command of it.

Jason Momoa has chopped off the ever expanding dreadlocks; now put him in a SGA uniform but with a long sleeveless leather coat over the top…plus sword, blaster, p90, 4 daggers, etc. This way he becomes more of a team member but still keeps the look.

1. ship- not likely, we have enough uber ships.

2. FRAN, A proud suporter of:D

Falcon Horus
February 2nd, 2008, 08:48 AM
*hands over a crystal ball*

Do it properly:p

I don't need a crystal ball. I have a Magic 8-ball, which says "try again".

jelgate
February 2nd, 2008, 09:34 AM
I don't need a crystal ball. I have a Magic 8-ball, which says "try again".You forced the ball to stay on that.

Falcon Horus
February 2nd, 2008, 10:34 AM
You forced the ball to stay on that.

I would never do that. :p

jelgate
February 2nd, 2008, 10:40 AM
I would never do that. :pYou would if certain characters could return.

Falcon Horus
February 2nd, 2008, 10:43 AM
You would if certain characters could return.

I feel your 4th law is about to be used again... *grin*

jelgate
February 2nd, 2008, 10:45 AM
I feel your 4th law is about to be used again... *grin*:lol: You caught me.

2ndgenerationalteran
February 3rd, 2008, 01:35 AM
for season 5 i want to see a roman or greek style culture as the ancients did supposedly influence the greeks and romans, and use of mini drones as a field weapon against a new powerful enemy.

Platschu
February 3rd, 2008, 02:44 AM
It would be cool to see horse riders go through the gate. Maybe a camel caravan should arrive to Atlantis. :lol:

Falcon Horus
February 3rd, 2008, 04:41 AM
It would be cool to see horse riders go through the gate. Maybe a camel caravan should arrive to Atlantis. :lol:

Imagine the look ... :S

Jeff O'Connor
February 3rd, 2008, 04:59 AM
I'd somehow anticipate John asking Rodney if he's allergic to camels, just for the hell of it.

Falcon Horus
February 3rd, 2008, 05:00 AM
I'd somehow anticipate John asking Rodney if he's allergic to camels, just for the hell of it.

LOL!! :lol:

The Boff
February 4th, 2008, 11:03 AM
can think of two things id like to see in season 5.

1. an episode like "Sunday". but nothing goes totally wrong. just imagine that, an entire episode with just pure charcter interaction and development.
in my book that'd be frikkin awesome. cause we dont know that much about a lot of our characters. and the characters themselves hardly know eachother either. so i would love an episode that was just random life stuff. i mean they must have one day off. maybe a christmas episode or something? just one episode where the fate of the whole universe/atlantis/earth/random characters is not at stake.
just character stuff.

2. an episode with a wraith bad guy scientist working alone on some deserted world and what is he doing? studying the effect the wraith enzyme had on Ford. trying to purify it so that he can make an army of humans instead of having wraith warriors. trying to kill the individuality of Ford but keep his physiqe. so that the wraith can build a controllable army that he doesnt need to share his food with. cause thats the problem isnt it? too many wraith around. but one wraith king with an army of superhumans to do his bidding.
i think that could work.
but off course our heroes save the day and this time also Ford. so that he can finally come back to earth and tell his grandparents: Im ok, you dont have to worry anymore.

thats what id like to see happen in season five. but im quite sure it wont though

aboleyn24
February 4th, 2008, 12:17 PM
can think of two things id like to see in season 5.

1. an episode like "Sunday". but nothing goes totally wrong. just imagine that, an entire episode with just pure charcter interaction and development.
in my book that'd be frikkin awesome. cause we dont know that much about a lot of our characters. and the characters themselves hardly know eachother either. so i would love an episode that was just random life stuff. i mean they must have one day off. maybe a christmas episode or something? just one episode where the fate of the whole universe/atlantis/earth/random characters is not at stake.
just character stuff.

2. an episode with a wraith bad guy scientist working alone on some deserted world and what is he doing? studying the effect the wraith enzyme had on Ford. trying to purify it so that he can make an army of humans instead of having wraith warriors. trying to kill the individuality of Ford but keep his physiqe. so that the wraith can build a controllable army that he doesnt need to share his food with. cause thats the problem isnt it? too many wraith around. but one wraith king with an army of superhumans to do his bidding.
i think that could work.
but off course our heroes save the day and this time also Ford. so that he can finally come back to earth and tell his grandparents: Im ok, you dont have to worry anymore.

thats what id like to see happen in season five. but im quite sure it wont though

I do like your first idea, but somehow feel we would be in the minority. It is a scifi show, so the majority of the fans expect some sort of scifi plot. I adore the character interaction. I love learning about them. Those moments where they are sitting around talking over food, or playing computer games, golf or whatever tend to be some of my favorites. I really like seeing what they do in their down time. I don't think the majority of the SGA fans would go for it though as I don't think that is why they watch. I think it would feel too much like a soap opera (which I hate soaps) to a lot of the viewers. There are shows on the air that are character heavy, light on action. SciFi doesn't really give itself to that type of story telling. Little snippets are acceptable but an entire eppy might bring about a rebellion. So as much as I would enjoy it I also agree that we will not see in in season five or ever.

The Boff
February 4th, 2008, 12:28 PM
I do like your first idea, but somehow feel we would be in the minority. It is a scifi show, so the majority of the fans expect some sort of scifi plot. I adore the character interaction. I love learning about them. Those moments where they are sitting around talking over food, or playing computer games, golf or whatever tend to be some of my favorites. I really like seeing what they do in their down time. I don't think the majority of the SGA fans would go for it though as I don't think that is why they watch. I think it would feel too much like a soap opera (which I hate soaps) to a lot of the viewers. There are shows on the air that are character heavy, light on action. SciFi doesn't really give itself to that type of story telling. Little snippets are acceptable but an entire eppy might bring about a rebellion. So as much as I would enjoy it I also agree that we will not see in in season five or ever.

true, most fans watch for the sci-fi stuff, hell im one of them. i just thought it could be a cool twist. but how about this then. the episode starts off as i said, but in the third act Teyla goes into labour(sp?).
so the last third is: OH mi god! what do we do now we have to do an emergency C-section!!
oh noes we dont have the proper medical supplies here! oh noes!
basicly the standard chaotic movie childbirth scene that Shepperd was afraid would happen in Quarantine.

or something like that.