PDA

View Full Version : Jacks son as a movie

kymeric
November 15th, 2007, 06:43 AM
How about it? Were along ways from early sg1 where Charlie was mentioned. How about bringing him back for a very oneill movie? Lotsa room for character and plot and an inventive way to bring him back. What kinda touching stories could be told?

partly cloudy skies
November 15th, 2007, 06:45 AM
you mean like as if he never was killed or something? I think it would be kind of weird, honestly. Just my own opinion, of course. Jack wouldn't be Jack without his son dying. He'd still be married to Sara.

SaberBlade
November 15th, 2007, 06:59 AM
I'd rather see his clone get a movie, or at least include the fact Jack had an alien baby with a woman offworld. No need to create more screwed up timelines by resurrecting Jack's dead son when they went to the effort of having Jack accept it and move on early in season 1.

Pharaoh Hamenthotep
November 15th, 2007, 07:24 AM
It would also undo 10 years worth of character development and change the events of the original movie as he wouldn't be so willing to accept a suicide mission if his son was still alive.

Jumper_One
November 15th, 2007, 08:01 AM
why would anybody want to watch this? it would be an AT Jack which we've seen a few times before and the last 10 years wouldn't have happened. also what would the plot be? 'everybody's happy but suddenly his son shoots himself and we get to see how jack deals with this'? we already saw that in s1's CL. besides it wouldn't have anything to do with SG!

kymeric
November 15th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Wut if ure son turned up 10 yrs after you got over it? Hell he would still be 8-10 when he woulda been 20 by now. Maybe oneils with carter now? Maybe hes got other kids with the girl from cometworld....

Lotsa stuff

marty2006
November 15th, 2007, 08:36 AM
In one word, crap. It would have sweet f*** all to do with the stargate. It would be jack n charlie skipping around throwing a frisbee to each other for an hour and a half.

Lord Zedd
November 15th, 2007, 09:52 AM
In one word, crap. It would have sweet f*** all to do with the stargate. It would be jack n charlie skipping around throwing a frisbee to each other for an hour and a half.
Amen to that! I so agree with you here.

kymeric
November 15th, 2007, 09:56 AM

Well it would have to be about the stargate, nothing on earth can bring ure dead kid back. Duh.

from_orion
November 15th, 2007, 03:17 PM
I'd rather see his clone get a movie, or at least include the fact Jack had an alien baby with a woman offworld. No need to create more screwed up timelines by resurrecting Jack's dead son when they went to the effort of having Jack accept it and move on early in season 1.
I'm okay with these particular stories gettting forgotten, there are more I would rather see revisited.

P-90_177
November 15th, 2007, 03:24 PM
agreed. all of the charlie stuff has been dealt with now.

DeRoest
November 15th, 2007, 03:53 PM
yeah that sounds like entertainment! these are the kind of ideas put forth by people who rate every single episode a 10 on the epsisode guide and then post junior high quality fan fiction where jack, sam, and daniel all have a barbeque and sing campfire songs. Id rather watch flush gordon or contract rabies, thank you

If another Sg-1 movie were made where say a malicious alien tried to mess with the team's bad memories (a la Star Trek: the Final Frontier) then maybe. But not as an entire basis for the action.

kymeric
November 15th, 2007, 04:03 PM
yeah that sounds like entertainment! these are the kind of ideas put forth by people who rate every single episode a 10 on the epsisode guide and then post junior high quality fan fiction where jack, sam, and daniel all have a barbeque and sing campfire songs. Id rather watch flush gordon or contract rabies, thank you

If another Sg-1 movie were made where say a malicious alien tried to mess with the team's bad memories (a la Star Trek: the Final Frontier) then maybe. But not as an entire basis for the action.

Owch, as bad as fanfic

/wrists

the fifth man
November 15th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Personally, I'd just rather have future SG-1 movies be about other things. It's not like we're going to get an infinite number of these things (although I'd love it if that were the case).

g.o.d
November 16th, 2007, 01:36 PM
there are far more interesting topics than Jack's son. I wouldn't spend money to make a movie about Charlie. And who cares about him?

DeRoest
November 16th, 2007, 10:49 PM
there are far more interesting topics than Jack's son. I wouldn't spend money to make a movie about Charlie. And who cares about him?

not O'Neill, that's who!

Ripple in Space
November 19th, 2007, 01:12 PM
I'm kind of surprised that there aren't at least 2 Charlie clones walking around...

You'd think Baal would be creative enough to clone Charlie, put him at the age he died at, and then implant him with a symbiote. And then just use him to try to drive the good general crazy.

You'd also think that Loki would've used Charlie's DNA to clone new Asgard bodies.

jenks
November 19th, 2007, 01:33 PM
How would they get his DNA?

Fenrir Foxz
November 21st, 2007, 07:49 PM
you mean like as if he never was killed or something? I think it would be kind of weird, honestly. Just my own opinion, of course. Jack wouldn't be Jack without his son dying. He'd still be married to Sara.

And he would never have gone on the first mission to abydos... Stargate as we know it would never happen... It's the grandfarther paradox cliche

Liam Kincaid
November 25th, 2007, 08:18 AM
It would also undo 10 years worth of character development and change the events of the original movie as he wouldn't be so willing to accept a suicide mission if his son was still alive.
I have posted this idea in other threads, as both an idea for a movie or for a mini-series ( and in the Jack Deserves a Happy Ending thread). The answer would be for Jack to use the Timeship to go back and save his son, but to do it in a way that does not greatly alter the time line. This means that he would have to let his past self still think that his son died.That way he he would still be suicidal enough for what he does in the first movie and the first few seasons. He could let present day Sara in on the whole thing (or she could be the one who covinces him ?) and the movie could end with the two of them getting back together.

Jumper_One
November 25th, 2007, 08:48 AM
I have posted this idea in other threads, as both an idea for a movie or for a mini-series ( and in the Jack Deserves a Happy Ending thread). The answer would be for Jack to use the Timeship to go back and save his son, but to do it in a way that does not greatly alter the time line. This means that he would have to let his past self still think that his son died.That way he he would still be suicidal enough for what he does in the first movie and the first few seasons. He could let present day Sara in on the whole thing (or she could be the one who covinces him ?) and the movie could end with the two of them getting back together.

I still don't like idea. besides I don't even want Jack to get back together with his ex-wife. what's past is past, let it rest

Fenrir Foxz
November 25th, 2007, 08:56 AM
I still don't like idea. besides I don't even want Jack to get back together with his ex-wife. what's past is past, let it rest

It's like Vala said... "There’s nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can’t remake the past, so look ahead or risk being left behind..."

Time travel is more trouble than it's worth... and I think Jack would have realised that when he had the time-jumper, don't you think that going back to save HIS SON would have at least once crossed his mind???

Amalthea
November 29th, 2007, 08:13 AM
That would be ridiculous and self-indulgent. If they can go back and save Charlie, why not every other person that has ever died? Martouf, the Tollan, Teal'C's wife, Sha're, Janet. Give me a break.

Ripple in Space
November 30th, 2007, 06:09 PM
That would be ridiculous and self-indulgent. If they can go back and save Charlie, why not every other person that has ever died? Martouf, the Tollan, Teal'C's wife, Sha're, Janet. Give me a break.

Teal'c liked Shau'nac better than his wife. And Vala would object to rescuing Sha're. I strongly doubt that the Tollan are extinct. At the very least, they probably had some delegates on the Nox homeworld, and at least some must have escaped.