This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacks son as a movie

How about it? Were along ways from early sg1 where Charlie was mentioned. How about bringing him back for a very oneill movie? Lotsa room for character and plot and an inventive way to bring him back. What kinda touching stories could be told?

you mean like as if he never was killed or something? I think it would be kind of weird, honestly. Just my own opinion, of course. Jack wouldn't be Jack without his son dying. He'd still be married to Sara.
    sigpic
    sig by kidwizz

Comment

I'd rather see his clone get a movie, or at least include the fact Jack had an alien baby with a woman offworld. No need to create more screwed up timelines by resurrecting Jack's dead son when they went to the effort of having Jack accept it and move on early in season 1.

sigpic

Comment

It would also undo 10 years worth of character development and change the events of the original movie as he wouldn't be so willing to accept a suicide mission if his son was still alive.

Comment

why would anybody want to watch this? it would be an AT Jack which we've seen a few times before and the last 10 years wouldn't have happened. also what would the plot be? 'everybody's happy but suddenly his son shoots himself and we get to see how jack deals with this'? we already saw that in s1's CL. besides it wouldn't have anything to do with SG!
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Wut if ure son turned up 10 yrs after you got over it? Hell he would still be 8-10 when he woulda been 20 by now. Maybe oneils with carter now? Maybe hes got other kids with the girl from cometworld....

Lotsa stuff

Comment

In one word, crap. It would have sweet f*** all to do with the stargate. It would be jack n charlie skipping around throwing a frisbee to each other for an hour and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                In one word, crap. It would have sweet f*** all to do with the stargate. It would be jack n charlie skipping around throwing a frisbee to each other for an hour and a half.
                Amen to that! I so agree with you here.
                Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                  Well it would have to be about the stargate, nothing on earth can bring ure dead kid back. Duh.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                    I'd rather see his clone get a movie, or at least include the fact Jack had an alien baby with a woman offworld. No need to create more screwed up timelines by resurrecting Jack's dead son when they went to the effort of having Jack accept it and move on early in season 1.
                    I'm okay with these particular stories gettting forgotten, there are more I would rather see revisited.

Comment

agreed. all of the charlie stuff has been dealt with now.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

yeah that sounds like entertainment! these are the kind of ideas put forth by people who rate every single episode a 10 on the epsisode guide and then post junior high quality fan fiction where jack, sam, and daniel all have a barbeque and sing campfire songs. Id rather watch flush gordon or contract rabies, thank you

If another Sg-1 movie were made where say a malicious alien tried to mess with the team's bad memories (a la Star Trek: the Final Frontier) then maybe. But not as an entire basis for the action.
                        Last edited by DeRoest; 15 November 2007, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeRoest View Post
                          yeah that sounds like entertainment! these are the kind of ideas put forth by people who rate every single episode a 10 on the epsisode guide and then post junior high quality fan fiction where jack, sam, and daniel all have a barbeque and sing campfire songs. Id rather watch flush gordon or contract rabies, thank you

If another Sg-1 movie were made where say a malicious alien tried to mess with the team's bad memories (a la Star Trek: the Final Frontier) then maybe. But not as an entire basis for the action.
                          Owch, as bad as fanfic

/wrists

Comment

Personally, I'd just rather have future SG-1 movies be about other things. It's not like we're going to get an infinite number of these things (although I'd love it if that were the case).
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

there are far more interesting topics than Jack's son. I wouldn't spend money to make a movie about Charlie. And who cares about him?
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X