This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remake Of Original Stargate Movie

What I would love to see is a remake of the original movie that is true to the SG-1 canon. Two examples:

-Jaffa as opposed to humans
    -Real story of the goa'uld discovering humans as better hosts than unas

I'd like to hear of some other ideas/thoughts about this!

Not all planets are populated with Jaffa, the Goa'uld need Humans as hosts so its always good to have a few spares Anyway there might not have been enough symbiotes to go around to make all Humans into Jaffa... and if there were, then where would the hosts for the mature symbiotes come from?

Ra found Humans to be better hosts than Unas, maybe not as strong but better looking (Goa'uld are extremely vain) and easier to repair, his reason for choosing a Human host was explained in the film and was carried over into SG-1. (Goa'uld want perfect hosts, as explained in Thor's Hammer)

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
      Not all planets are populated with Jaffa, the Goa'uld need Humans as hosts so its always good to have a few spares Anyway there might not have been enough symbiotes to go around to make all Humans into Jaffa... and if there were, then where would the hosts for the mature symbiotes come from?

Ra found Humans to be better hosts than Unas, maybe not as strong but better looking (Goa'uld are extremely vain) and easier to repair, his reason for choosing a Human host was explained in the film and was carried over into SG-1. (Goa'uld want perfect hosts, as explained in Thor's Hammer)
      You completely missed my point. In the staragte movie, symbiotes did not exist. Ra was a full sized alien. Symbiotes were not introduced until SG-1. The mythology changed with the tv show, which I am more than okay with, but some things from the movie, like Ra beng one of the last from a dying race, we now know is false, and the movie could be much improved with canon from the television show. Furthermore, I meant Jaffa as Ra's bodygaurds, as no other goa'lds in any other espisodes had human protectors armed with staff weapons and flying death gliders. I obviously know that Ra would still have many human slaves.

Comment

If you can overlook the changes between the movie and the series then why do you need a remake?

Comment

If you can overlook the changes between the movie and the series then why do you need a remake?
          Because my implication was that the tv show perfected/completed/improved the storyline and a better original movie could be made. I said i would love to see it, not that it is needed. Another example is in the movie they claim Abydos is in another galaxy, and in the show Abydos is one of the closest planets with a gate to Earth.

Comment

I wouldn't want a remake on the original movie because well I love the movie and it wouldn't have carter and Tealc in it. Add to that I don't think anyone could pull off Ra as successfully as the original guy did, the writers believe this also, hence why Ra's face was never shown in 'Moebius'

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
              I wouldn't want a remake on the original movie because well I love the movie and it wouldn't have carter and Tealc in it. Add to that I don't think anyone could pull off Ra as successfully as the original guy did, the writers believe this also, hence why Ra's face was never shown in 'Moebius'
              Good points. True that Teal'c would not be part of the story, but Carter could be in the original because as she said in children of the gods, she should have gone through the gate the first time. Therefore, she probably had an integral role in creating the computerized dialing device and other things even though she didn't go to Abydos.

Comment

But then that would change The Children of the Gods! That would need to be remade too! Carter didn't meet O'Neill or Daniel until CoTG so she can't be in the original movie!

Comment

But then that would change The Children of the Gods! That would need to be remade too! Carter didn't meet O'Neill or Daniel until CoTG so she can't be in the original movie!
                  There is no reason they had to meet. The dialing device and equipment was finished when oneil and jackson appear. She wasn't there when they got there, which is why she did not go with them, but all I said is she could have been in the movie.

Comment

So she would be playing a redundant part? If the dialling equipment was already finished why does she need to be in the movie? It would be like having the people who installed the ramp appearing just to say they put it in!

Comment

Originally posted by from_orion View Post
                      There is no reason they had to meet. The dialing device and equipment was finished when oneil and jackson appear. She wasn't there when they got there, which is why she did not go with them, but all I said is she could have been in the movie.
                      She couldn't have been in a movie remake though, it would change alot so therefore wouldn't be a remake rather than an alternate version of it.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                        She couldn't have been in a movie remake though, it would change alot so therefore wouldn't be a remake rather than an alternate version of it.
                        Not so much alternate version but expanded, covering subjects that were not covered in the original so would not change it. Obviously the dialing device was created by carter and others with very limited knowledge of the gate network before jackson figured out how to choose a destination with it.

Comment

It's part of official SG1 canon that Ra did not use Jaffa.

O'Neill said that there "There were no aliens like this. They were human, Ra took them from earth thousands of years ago"

In the great grand scheme of things, a remake isn't needed. For the most part, only a few things need to be changed and those can easily be explained or at least accepted as having to be changed in order for the show to work better.

sigpic

Comment

Why does the movie need to be expanded to include characters who were never meant to be involved? Maybe we could see what Hammond was up to before he joined the SGC? Or Apophis: The teenage years!

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                              It's part of official SG1 canon that Ra did not use Jaffa.

O'Neill said that there "There were no aliens like this. They were human, Ra took them from earth thousands of years ago"

In the great grand scheme of things, a remake isn't needed. For the most part, only a few things need to be changed and those can easily be explained or at least accepted as having to be changed in order for the show to work better.
                              Just because there may not have been jaffa on abydos does not make it official that Ra did not use them. There weren't jaffa on abydos for the same reason that ra did not have a symbiote in the head. It was a change in the canon for the tv show.
                              However I do agree that a remake is not needed, there are many other stories that would be more important movies, such as goa'uld/asgard/fire&water aliens influence on earth in the past, alliance of the four great races, ancient plague era (ori caused or otherwise) and many more i would rather see.

Comment

Working...
                              X