This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

304 armament

What is the actual armament of the deadelas and the other 304s. In some episodes it shows it having nearly a dozen rail guns and others show it using 3. Then they seem to be firing dozens of missils at a time and others only 2.

it has 32 VLS missile tubes.

and I have counted 32 railguns around the ship.
    Visit my Website

Comment

Standard Armament of the USAF Daedalus

[12x2] Loophole-class Anti-Plotline Rail Guns
      [24x1] Poor-Writing-Skills-class Torpedoes
      [12x1] Bad Episodes-class Tactical Emo Missiles
      [01x1] Dead Asgard

Comment

Don't forget an infinite amount of internet trolls powering its massive engines.
        Visit my Website

Comment

They aren't that massive. all it takes is one stationary bicycle powered by the hate of one scorned fan.

Comment

they need new can´t of guns, laser guns or something, if you look at all of the ships in stargate they all have some kind of laser guns , not the ancient (drones)

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
              they need new can´t of guns, laser guns or something, if you look at all of the ships in stargate they all have some kind of laser guns , not the ancient (drones)
              not true, the anchients have them too, look closely at their spaceships, they have long canon things on top.

Comment

no one has lasers, its all some form of directed energy. In Lifeline the asurans fired bolts at the apollo not drones.
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                  no one has lasers, its all some form of directed energy. In Lifeline the asurans fired bolts at the apollo not drones.
                  or that
                  you meen guns like in the episode trinity in season 2 of atlantis, the guns that was protecting the place
                  Last edited by ha'tak_; 15 November 2007, 08:26 AM.

Comment

i thought that the daedalus had 4 forward railguns and i have no idea how many missils

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

im guessing

4 MAIN-HIGH CALIBER Railguns. Ship to Ship
                      20 or more smaller caliber anti-fighter(Siege I-III).
                      32 VLS Missiles

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                        Standard Armament of the USAF Daedalus

[12x2] Loophole-class Anti-Plotline Rail Guns
                        [24x1] Poor-Writing-Skills-class Torpedoes
                        [12x1] Bad Episodes-class Tactical Emo Missiles
                        [01x1] Dead Asgard
                        What inconsistencies have there been about the armaments of the 304's? We know that there are differences between the individual 304's and we also know that the 304's get refitted often . . . what are you talking about?
                        sigpic

Comment

it was a joke. or a very unsubtle way to tell e hates earth ships

they have 2 railguns at the front piece of the ship, 4 on top of the long neck, and several on the main section. people counted 32 railguns and 32 missle tubes and a heck of a lot of missles[wich are incredibly ineffecive against shields]. and im dying to see a 304 with energy weapons on stead of those railguns. their extremely effective against the wraith[except hiveships, missles are] yet weak against a shielded ship. energy guns can fight a shielded ship perfectly. especially those energy cannons.

Comment

All you can tell from looking at it, is that it has 32 Vertical Launch tubes on the fore dorsal spine.

Now, if you look at real USN warships with VLS systems, each cell can pack a single tomahawk or standard missile which is kinda big, or they can pack FOUR sparrow missiles which are much smaller. That way they can pack a lot more missiles than they have separate VLS tubes.

Now if you look at the Daedalus's VLS system, each cell is HUGE when you think about how big the ship is. Assuming a ship length of 335m, each cell looks to be about 8 meters wide, where-as a real navy VLS cell is less than 1 meter wide.

So assuming they used the same logic, I would imagine only the biggest missiles on a Daedalus would take up 1 entire cell by itself. Some of the cells are probably further divided into 2x2 quad-packs or 3x3 nine-packs to store a higher number of smaller missiles. That would put the maximum at 288 "small" missiles (32 x 9).

As for railguns, usually they fire only 2 or 4 streams on screen, when attacking. The maximum I have ever seen is 5, all on the front/top/left (fore/dorsal/port) side of the ship during siege part 3. So I would guesstimate somewhere between 16 and 20 railgun placements all over the ship.

- VLS system containing anywhere from 32 to 288 ready to launch missiles (depending on the type of missile)
                            - 16 to 20 railgun placements

That seems to be it.
                            Last edited by Londo Molari; 16 November 2007, 12:22 PM.

Comment

After nomansland they need some kind of cluster bomb of nukes.

But, nukes are the primary weapon, the rail guns dont seem all that damaging unless u shoot shuttle bays full of little ships.

Comment

Working...
                              X